As many of you will notice, we have updated the home page. Our purpose was to reduce the amount of time it takes to catch up on the latest Roadfood activity while making it inviting/appealing to first-timers. Restaurant review write-ups are shown in their entirety along with a photo, so users can read and visualize the latest places without having to jump around to different pages. We will also be highlighting interesting threads on the discussion forum, eating tours, and recipes.
Some of the specific updates include:
- The RoadfoodDigest.com URL has been decommissioned and integrated directly into the home page. We created a filter so users can see “Only Digest Post,” and you should see more content in the forthcoming days.
- The visibility of the restaurant proximity search form has been improved
- The proximity search results include a map for better geographic orientation
- The main navigation Digest has been replaced with "Eating Tours" - We will be expanding this functionality in future months so people can post graphically rich trip reports.
- The only piece removed from the new layout is the latest Roadfood Professionals conversations, and we are already working on a remedy.
The Roadfood Team has been usability testing the new layout for a couple of weeks. We all agreed it takes a couple days to adjust, but we are loving the change now.
We hope you enjoy, and feel free to pass along feedback directly on this post (also a new feature.)