Hot!12th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 12th , 2015 - past trip reports

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 43
Author
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6559
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/09/25 18:59:49 (permalink)
WOW -

I got to get to one of the Dawg tours.

Looks like yall had a great time.
harriet1954
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1165
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/09/25 19:08:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by BadDog

One last comment- I'd rather have the option of alcohol on the bus but it's no big deal for me either way...I was on the "un-laid-back" bus and in my opinion alcohol had very little, if anything, to do with the party atmosphere. It was a group of folks that were having a great time. I don't believe for a second that anybody on the bus meant any harm when they chanted Harriet's name any more than when they chanted Benzee's, Uncle Buck's or Natalie's...

I personally don't get upset when the crowd chants my name--it's the darn paparazzi following me everywhere that grates on my nerves.

Can't wait 'til 2009 to do it all again!

Woof!

Well, I didn't name any names in my post, and still won't, but I don't need any attention drawn to me and did personally get upset and embarrassed that my name was being chanted (unnecessary, OK?).

And if it weren't for the "darn paparazzi", there wouldn't be all these fantastic pictures from this Tour and past Tours.

It's what we, the laid-back true Roadfooders, do.
mrphil
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/09/25 23:02:07 (permalink)
Normally I don't post on this stuff
But I was on the "non laid back bus" and I think alcohol had a lot to do with it. There was serious amounts of alcohol being consumed back there including hard liquor. In fact it looked like it began before the tour even started. In the beginning it wasn't so bad, but as the day wore on, it got tedious and annoying. Toward the end there were lots of inappropriate comments and remarks. Screaming out at people on the street, including kids when we were near the windmill stop didn't feel like just people having a good time.

We didn't move because we thought there was no room on the other bus, if I'd known I would have switched buses in a minute.

Sadly after all that drinking, everyone got in there cars and drove home, I wonder what the blood alcohol levels of the group were.

ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/09/25 23:31:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by mrphil

Toward the end there were lots of inappropriate comments and remarks.

I guess they'll let anybody on these tours now..(LOL)
Seriously, it did eventually get out of hand, and those one or two extra rowdy guys were not representative of this (mostly) wonderful Roadfood community...
plus, I doubt they even post on here at all....
BadDog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/09/26 13:10:36 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by harriet1954

quote:
Originally posted by BadDog

One last comment- I'd rather have the option of alcohol on the bus but it's no big deal for me either way...I was on the "un-laid-back" bus and in my opinion alcohol had very little, if anything, to do with the party atmosphere. It was a group of folks that were having a great time. I don't believe for a second that anybody on the bus meant any harm when they chanted Harriet's name any more than when they chanted Benzee's, Uncle Buck's or Natalie's...

I personally don't get upset when the crowd chants my name--it's the darn paparazzi following me everywhere that grates on my nerves.

Can't wait 'til 2009 to do it all again!

Woof!

Well, I didn't name any names in my post, and still won't, but I don't need any attention drawn to me and did personally get upset and embarrassed that my name was being chanted (unnecessary, OK?).

And if it weren't for the "darn paparazzi", there wouldn't be all these fantastic pictures from this Tour and past Tours.

It's what we, the laid-back true Roadfooders, do.

Oh I don't disagree that chanting your name was unnecessary by those in the back of the bus. However, your position regarding alcohol on the bus is a little weak when I consider that you approached my late-arriving friends when they parked at Dee's truck...you asked what was in the trunk of the car...when you found out it was beer, you asked if you could have some "because we don't have any on our bus." You went on to pursue the topic again with my friend Doug at the Windmill because he hadn't given you any yet.

Is that what TRUE Roadfooders do?

BTW, the paparazzi comment was a joke! It was not a comment on anyone taking photos on the tour. The pics are great!
harriet1954
  • Total Posts : 1165
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/09/26 20:57:13 (permalink)
So if anybody's interested in seeing both sets of pictures (mine and Brian's) from flickr.com, please email me and I'll email you back with both links. If I don't know who you are by your email address, please tell me your screen name or real name, or give a description. I really appreciate it. I put three videos I took on youtube (I made them private), and the sound is great, but the video on youtube looks terrible! There's not much you can do with QuickTime.
Benzee
  • Total Posts : 1878
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/01 20:06:29 (permalink)
Hello all ,

Harriet let Brian know the pictures are fantastic !!! Great job on taking them . Also Ellen has a completed trip rreport of the tour on the Hot Dogs , Sausages and Brats board . More great pictures and commentary .
Another plus was the mild chili that attendee John Sagi gave a few of us to try . Both John Fox and I loved it and reminded us of Coney Island rest. in Middletown
We will be talking about the tour on our radio show Friday , anyone that would like to call in feel free . We are on www.wtbq.com from 1230--2pm EST . Last week we did a live remote at a golf outing fundraiser so we backed up our on air trip reports until this weeks show . Call in 845 651 1110 . The show is called The Prime Time Show and cocordinator Coney Island Lou and the fan favorite Uncle Buck are co hosts .

Benzee
John Fox
  • Total Posts : 2339
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/14 14:04:04 (permalink)
Last year about 15 of us got together on Veterans Day to meet at Charlies Pool Room in Alpha, N.J. There are pictures and reviews in the archives of this thread. Veterans Day was on a Monday, a day that Charlies is closed but Joe and John Fencz opened just for our group. This year, Veterans Day is on a Tuesday. I spoke with Joe last week about a possible return visit to Charlies. For them it's a regular day that they will be open, but we are welcome to stop by. As you might know, they have a small kitchen with one frying pan, so if there are other customers, there might be a wait.

Many of us are off of work, so I wanted to get an idea of how many people might be interested in a return to Charlies Pool Room for their excellent hot dogs topped with Grandma Fencz's Hungarian sauce.

I've also been thinking about a trip to Amazing Hot Dog. Their Verona location closed down, but their newer Bound Brook location is open and going strong. It's run by Matt Applebaum (one of the original owners) and is one of the finer dog houses in N.J. It proved to be a popular stop on our Tour a couple of years ago. I was thinking about including it this past year, but it would have been difficult because it is located away from the other stops. Amazing serves a hefty quarter pound natural casing Sabrett dog that is fried. I've had it, and alone with just mustard on a Martins Potato Roll (perfect for this dog) it is delicious. Juicy, with a great texture and flavor. But you are not limited to just mustard. Amazing Hot Dog is known for the widest varieties of toppings and combinations that you will find at a hot dog restaurant. Check the choices at http://www.amazinghotdog.com. Although I haven't tried most of them (I prefer my dog with just mustard most of the time) I know that they are all homemade and of the highest quality. I've enjoyed their Reuben Dog as well as their Caped Crusader (chili and slaw). Their chili is one of the finest I've sampled. Rich with a touch of chocalate. A popular choice is their New Jersey Breakfast dog which comes with a fried egg and cheese.

I was thinking that we could visit Amazing Hot Dog and perhaps the nearby Middlesex Texas Weiner on a Sunday in November or December. I'll be away the weekend of the 9th and Matt won't be around the following Sunday (the 16th). The 23rd looks like a good day. The following weekend is Thanksgiving Weekend.

Is anyone interested in a small trip to Amazing Hot Dog (and perhaps Middlesex Texas Weiner) Suday, Nov. 23rd? Or a Sunday in early December? We would meet at the Galloping Hill Inn and carpool. Or else just meet at the restaurant.
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/16 16:26:39 (permalink)
Hello all ,

I'm not available the week of Nov 10th to 14th for any meets unfortunately . I will be working my VAC and cannot take off any of those five days . Perhaps we can do Charlies on a Sat , if not then do it that tues folks . I think Tobys Cup is closed on Tues for those that would want to add it to a mini Tour also .

I like Johns idea for a meet and to check out some Middlesex places and Amazing Hot Dog too .

Benzee
John Fox
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/16 19:13:46 (permalink)
Toby's Cup is closed on Tuesday. I didn't consider that because I was looking at Veterans Day which just happens to fall on a Tuesday. I will be away in North Carolina from Nov 6th thru 9th. Saturday is bad for me as I work, and Joe and John prefer that we come any other day as Saturday is their busiest day and there would be quite a wait. As far as these Tours, we'll look at the response. We don't have to do both. I was really looking forward to Amazing Hot Dog on a Sunday, as it's been awhile since I've been there and a couple of years since I've been to Middlesex Texas Weiners.
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 357
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/16 19:20:28 (permalink)
would love to do an amazing hotdog sunday afternoon stop!! its right in my neck of the woods and would love to meet some "legends of roadfood" finally!! 1pm or later would be great on sundays Im in for nov 23rd!!
John Fox
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/16 19:30:26 (permalink)
I'm looking forward to meeting you. Bound Brook is a little distance from me but much closer than Charlies Pool Room. I don't know if I'll make the trip to Charlies unless we get some people to go. But I'll be at Amazing and probably Middlesex Texas Weiners regardless of the response although I'd love to see a small group of us.
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 357
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/10/16 19:35:18 (permalink)
sounds great John.Ill keep checking back to see the final details!!
John Fox
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/17 08:26:52 (permalink)
This Sunday some of us will be visiting Amazing Hot Dog in Bound Brook. Anyone interested in joing us, please feel free to come. The more the merrier. Post here so we can get an idea of how many will come. Amazing serves a big dog (1/4 lb) with many fine topping combinations. I was thinking of combining this stop with one at nearby Middlesex Texas Weiners, but since the dogs are big at Amazing, and I'd like to try at least 2 combinations, we may leave out Middlesex Texas Weiners. Or just decide if some of us have room left in our stomachs, to go. We'll play it by ear, but I haven't been to Amazing in awhile, and I'm looking forward to eating some dogs and perhaps their wonderful handcut fresh french fries.

Let's meet at Amazing on Sunday. I was thinking 12 noon or 1 Pm. What time would you prefer? We'll get an idea and determine a time. I'll let Matt know how many will be coming so that he can be prepared. John Sagi will be coming and bringing some different homemade chilis for us to sample. It's ok with Matt, who will be sampling the chili's with us.

On a personal note, I haven't been getting out lately because my wife needs my assistance at home. She has a condition called stenosis, which is arthritis of the spine. She was suffering from sciatica which we found out was caused by the stenosis. She went to a chiropracter for ultra sound treatments in the hope of being able to attend our niece's wedding in North Carolina last weekend. We flew out there on Thursday and by Saturday (the wedding) she couldn't walk, sit, or stand. We missed the Wedding. On top of that, my brother had brain surgery Friday to remove a tumor. I'm currently taking some time off to help my wife. We will be seeing doctors to determine if she will be operated on or if injections can help.

I can get out for a few hours at a time and I plan on meeting with everyone Sunday. My son will be home to help out.

I was also able to spend about an hour and a half at Rutt's Hut Saturday. Interesting story here. Someone from another site was referred to me. This man is part of an adult community in Central Jersey and was running a Hot Dog Tour Saturday. He wanted to know if Callahan's last location was still open because he was unsuccesful contacting them by phone. If not, they would go to Hirams in Fort Lee. We spoke via e-mail and I found out that his group of about 12 like to travel for ice cream. They've decided to branch out and include hot dogs and other comfort food.

They started at Hiram's, went to Five Guys in Hackensack for hot dogs and fries, then to Rutt's Hut, and finally to an ice cream place in West Orange. They called me when they were leaving for Rutt's and I met them there. A colorful group of guys who were a lot of fun to talk to. One guy grew up eating at Callahan's and moved to Millburn where he became a regular at Syd's. Another guy was from Newark and grew up eating a Syd's original location. He even knew Syd Goldstein. I wore my Tour tee shirt and talked about our annual tour. These guys are interested in attending, so it looks like 12 new faces next year.

So, who's interested in joining us Sunday? And what time do you prefer?
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/18 20:15:31 (permalink)
Hello John ,

First of all get well wishes go out to your wife and your brother , I will say prayers for both of them .
Second I'm still looking to attend on Sunday , this will all depend on the news we get tommorrow from the doctors as Sandy may be expecting our second . If this is so we may be surprising the family on Sunday as that is usually family day for us every week . ( may not be a surprise if they hop on roadfood though). We will know for sure and I will let everyone know .
I will also change the heading of the topic to show Sundays meet .
I'm glad those 12 new faces got to meet you John , and they are certainly welcome to join us next Sept on the 6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour .

Benzee
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/19 21:20:58 (permalink)
Hello all ,

Back from the doctors visit and the great news is my darling wife Sandra is expecting our second child !!!
This will cause me to miss Sundays event at Amazing Hot Dog as we plan to surprise my wifes family at our weekly Sunday dinner that we will be turning into a n all day barbecue .
Hope everyone has fun Sunday . I will leave the headline up until Monday and then change it back to the Jersey Hot Dog Tours .

Benzee
DPuro329
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/19 22:14:39 (permalink)
Congrats Benzee!!

Dave
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/20 00:17:12 (permalink)
John Fox, sorry to hear about your wife's medical condition.......
add that to your brothers recent brain surgery, and you've really got a lot on your plate right now........my thoughts are with you, John...

Roadfood.com is a place where we can share our joys and sorrows...
thanks for sharing with us, John..
and my happy congrats go out to you, Benzee..
John Fox
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/20 06:41:50 (permalink)
Congrats Benzee! and thanks for the kind words, Ellen and Benzee. Things are slowly getting better, and I'm looking forward to Sunday. I like the idea of meeting occasionally for lunch with some of the people from here on Roadfood. I'm hoping we can do it every month or 2 at a different place.
ken8038
  • Total Posts : 1601
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/21 18:26:16 (permalink)
John: Sorry to hear about your wife's back problems, and I hope your brother makes a great recovery. My wife has had back trouble on and off for the last few years, and I know how frustrating it is for her to never get a straight answer and a correct diagnosis from the doctors.."Try this, take that, now let's try this etc, etc" . Glad to hear your wife is doing a little better.

I won't be able to make Amazing Hot Dog on Sunday. My son is going to some Computer Game Convention in Philadelphia on Saturday so my wife and I decided to drive him down there and spend the day eating and shopping. There are also several beer bars I want to check out within walking distance of downtown, so we'll probably stay overnight rather than drive home late.

Interesting about the group of Older men who travel around eating. My sister in law just told me there is actually a name for such groups, they call themselves ROMEOS: Retired Old Men Eating Out.

Hope you guys have a great time on Sunday, and hope to see you soon maybe on a future hot dog meet.

And, Benzee, that's great news, Best of Luck!
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/22 09:14:31 (permalink)
John, here's hoping for quick recoveries for both your wife and brother.

Benzee, congrats. But sorry you won't be at the Hot Dog Meet.

I'll be there at noon to imbibe two or so.

The Bear
John Fox
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/11/24 08:41:31 (permalink)
We had a great time yesterday at Amazing Hot Dog. It's always nice to have pictures included. Thanks John Sagi. Too bad more people didn't show up. I know that you would have enjoyed it. Hopefully, we can have these mini meets every month or every other month. Sunday is good for me since I work Saturdays. Matt mentioned that he may be closing soon on Sundays and he would like to join us.

Speaking for myself personally, I like the different styles of hot dogs and the different ways of preparing them. At times I crave one type of dog. And sometimes I'm in the mood to have it prepared a certain way. Like deep fried, or grilled, or in the water. This is why it's impossible to say what the best dog is. There's different hot dogs for different moods. I also find that if I eat one type of dog (beef/pork) 2 or 3 times in a row, I look for another type (spicy all beef) next time. I had been craving a big deep fried beef dog from Amazing for quite awhile and was glad to be able to satisfy this craving yesterday. I had a dog with just mustard and a second (Caped Crusader) with mustard, the bacon strip it comes wrapped in, chili, and coleslaw. I omitted the jalepeno peppers that come with this dog.

Let me say that I strive to be honest in my opinions. It's hard sometimes to say something negative, especially if I know or am friends with the owner. And sometimes it's hard to say something positive when I am treated poorly, or even cursed at and told my business wasn't appreciated. Yes, this has happenned to me.

I mention this because Amazing Hot Dog, since they opened their first location in Verona a little over 2 years ago has been one of the premier hot dog restaurants in N.J. in my opinion. And the opinions of others. Those on the Star Ledger's panel. Many on Roadfood. NJ Monthly (whose editors picked AHD as the best hot dog joint in Jersey), AOL City Search, and others. I voted for them for best fried dog and best toppings when I was a member of the Star Ledger's S.W.A.T. Dog Team where we reviewed hot dogs all summer and judged them in 5 categories.

I respect the fact that the original owners took a chance and opened a new restaurant in North Jersey (the hot dog capital of the world) where there would be fierce competition. They had a vision of what they wanted to be and worked hard to reach their goal. AHD was different in many respects. They have the widest variety (and best) toppings you can find at a hot dog restaurant. I enjoy them which is high praise coming from a "traditionalist" who prefers a quality dog with just mustard most of the time. Other places serving a mild or bland dog need something to liven up their dogs. Amazing's dogs are excellent plain. But their homemade toppings are so good that I have to get at least one dog with either their fantastic chili and slaw, or their reuben dog.

Amazing in Verona was succesful, and despite a setback (they had a fire) they gained a steady base of customers and a good reputation. They decided to open a second location in Bound Brook. Prior to this, I had a few experiences where my dog wasn't hot enough for my taste. This is tough to do with a large quarter pound dog when you want to achieve the perfect temperature while not creating a "ripper" where the skin rips apart. I don't mind a ripper, but the guys wanted their dogs fried to the point where they were hot, but the juices stayed in. They guys corrected this problem and on subsequent visits, I almost burnt the roof of my mouth! I saw Matt laughing and wondered if he did this on purpose.

Late last year Amazing went through a tough transitional period. Eric, the other owner left to pursue other opportunities. They switched brands of hot dogs. Verona closed and Matt had to work 15 hours a day 7 days a week. When he couldn't be at the store one day, service sufferred. Unfortunately, sometimes it only takes one bad experience to turn someone off and lose them as a customer. They come on forums like this and post about their bad experience and then there is the possibility of losing other customers.

But I'm happy to say that the transition is over and Matt has Amazing Hot Dog up and running as good or better than it ever did. He's there most of the time and has a good core of trusted employees.

My lunch yesterday was one of the best hot dog experiences ever. Matt uses a big 1/4 lb natural casing Sabrett all beef dog that he deep fries. I've had this dog on 3 occasions including yesterday. Because of it's size and method of preparation, the resulting spicing of this dog is better than on the smaller dogs that are boiled or grilled. It is a little less garlicky and more balanced. My dogs were prepared perfectly; well done without requesting it (I would ask for this anyway) perfect snap, piping hot, excellent balance and flavor, and juicy. Perfection in a deep fried dog! Since this is the biggest dog made at the factory, they use a tougher casing. Heated in hot oil for a sufficient amount of time results in a tasty, juicy dog with a good snap and casing that keeps in the flavorful juices. Put on a fresh roll big enough for the dog and topped with a spicy brown mustard, I would give this dog a 10 out of 10. The flavor and level of spicyness makes this particular beef dog as good as any I've had. I love Best, but this one is just as good. You won't find a better beef dog than the Sabrett used here. In the same league as Best, Usinger's, and Boars Head. And prepared the way it was yesterday makes this dog as good a dog as I ever had. It was that good.

I eagerly awaited my second dog. Again prepared perfectly. Hot, tasty, juicy, and great snap. The chili is one of the 5 or so best that I've had. The cole slaw was excellent as well, sweet, creamy, and chopped small. I told Matt that in my opinion he shouldn't change a thing. The dog, the casing, and the preparation were outstanding.

We got to speak with Matt early, but soon after quite a little crowd wandered in, so they were busy. Which was good for Matt. I saw a kid of about 12 or 13 walk past me with a tray containing a drink and a beautiful, shiny, well done hot dog plain. He walked over to one of the dispensers and desecrated this masterpiece with ketchup. I started to yell at him to stop, but then remembered where I was. Kids!

It was fun hanging out with John Sagi, ScreenBear, and BadDog. And sampling John's chili, the first of which might be THE best chili I ever tasted. So today I had 2 great hot dogs with 2 of the finest chilis available. I'm glad that Matt has Amazing Hot Dog up and running well. I would only ask him not to change a thing. He was generous and fun to talk to before he was inundated with customers. Hopefully he will be joining us on future get togethers.

Afterwards we went to Middlesex Texas Weiners located a mile or 2 away on Union Ave. It's been 2 or 3 years for me. I remember this place as serving a very good Plainfield area (grilled dog with thicker chili as opposed to Paterson area with fried dog and thinner chili) Texas Weiner. A 6 to a lb grilled beef and pork dog. The places serving this type of dog use the Grote & Weigel Griddle frank. The woman working there told me that they use Schickhaus. Many of these places did use Schickhaus until they discontinued making the smaller dogs. I didn't know whether to believe her, but the dog did taste different than the G&W Griddle frank. So maybe Schickhaus does make a 6 to a lb. The dog was good, but as John said, wasn't as hot as we would have liked. And they were brought to us right after being taken off the griddle and dressed with mustard and chili; onions also for ScreenBear. I also noticed that the chili is much hotter (spicier) than in the past. I preferred their milder chili.

All in all a good dog, but paled in comparison to the outstanding dogs that we enjoyed at Amazing Hot Dog.
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/12/06 21:54:43 (permalink)
Hello all ,

There is interest in a Mini Meet at Coney Island Restaurant in Middletown NY on Tues Dec 30th at 1 pm .
We usually meet there a few times a year and the coney chili dogs are highly rated by our own John Fox .
I'm sure Coney Island Lou will make it along with Uncle Buck of WTBQ .
Any others just say the word so we know how many tables to reserve.

Also Sat Sept 26th is reserved for the 6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour presented by Hot Dog Nation .

Sponsorships are available and door prizes are being accepted .

Feel free to email me for further info .
The intinerary will be set about a month or two before the event by John Fox with input from all of us .

Benzee
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/12/07 16:34:29 (permalink)
Benzee,

You mean Saturday, September 26, don't you?

Bear
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3481
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/12/08 09:40:04 (permalink)
Benzee: Brooklyn Bill alerted me to fid this Middletown proposal hiding in the depths of an unrelated thread. How about moving it to a more appropriate place ?

And yes, Gail and Iwill plan on making it to Middletown whenever thedate is set.

Cheers, John
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/12/09 17:42:05 (permalink)
Hello there ,

I also emailed you on the mini meet John , I'm up for Dec 30th 1 pm as I'm on VAC that week . Also CI Lou turns 50 in March and is looking for another meet there on March 8th . . I will post this mini meet in the Hot Dogs section .

Bear ,
Whoops correction made on the 6th Annual Jersey Dog Tour , just keeping you on your toes !!!

Benzee
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/12/17 09:53:20 (permalink)
Hello all ,

There will be a meet for all on Tues Dec 30th at 1pm to be held at Coney Island Resturant in Middletown NY . A Holiday Gathering of Hot Dog Lovers and friends and family .
Roadfooders already confirmed include
Benzee , Mrs Benzee and Joey
Seafaer John and Gail
Brooklyn Bill and Ginny
Coney Island Lou
and Hot Dog Tour favorite Uncle Buck my cohost on WTBQ
Dr. Tom a dentist who owns Cornerstone Dental nearby is hoping to stop by also .

For more info or to join the group go to the Hot Dog , Sausage and Brat forum as a new thread has been started for the meet .

Also if you are not a hot dog lover the restaurant has some fantastic hamburgers , chicken sandwiches , you get the idea .
Everyone invited !!!

Benzee
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2008/12/27 07:58:45 (permalink)
Hello all ,

We are up to 12 for our meet at Coney Island Rest. in Middletown NY on Tues Dec 30th at 1 pm .
Jaime the owner /manager will be onsite and taking care of our needs personally . She does a great job .
All are welcome . They have a great menu and there are not too many chances to meet Seafaerer John , Brooklyn Bill , Benzee , Coney Island Lou ,Uncle Buck , Dr. Tom and more in the same place .

Benzee
adeptone
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2009/01/14 12:56:18 (permalink)
I posted this under Proposed N.J. mini meets - thought it might be good here, as well:

Concerning a possible mini tour, John Fox & John Sagi - I was talking to Matt at Amazing last night, and wanted to forward a possible date for a mini tour - February 15, 2009.  Now that Matt has closed his shop on Sundays, it would be possible for him to join us, and many of us have off the following day for the observed Washington's birthday.

It appears the tours have headed east into Jersey - what about heading west, and possibly passing into Pennsylvania for some of the shops in Easton, Bethlehem, and Allentown (not that I condone what Yocco's does to a hot dog)?

Just floating the idea out there.
Benzee
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets 2009/01/25 11:33:36 (permalink)
Hello all ,

Happy New Year to all .
I realized that I have not posted about our mini meet at Coney Island Restaurant on this thread . I do believe we mentined it on the Hot Dog Forum but I will let everyone know we had a great time .
Jaime the owner / manager was on site and helped with the logisitcs of seating and personally handling our orders .
The following were present
Benzee, Mrs Benzee and Joey Benzee
Seafarer John and Gail
Brooklyn Bill and Ginny
Coney Island Lou
Uncle Buck and Eilleen
Johnnie from Bloomingburg
and Eilleens friend Florence .

We had a great time as usual . These mini meets are a highlight of the holiday season and it always great to sit down with Roadfooders to enjoy one of the best Coney Dogs I've had . ( ask John Fox on a recent tour he loved them)

We are scheduling another one in March to coincide with CI Lous 50th birthday . This will be on a Sunday afternoon , so hope everyone can attend

" Keep on smiling "

Benzee
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 43
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1