Hot!12th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 12th , 2015 - past trip reports

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 29 of 43
Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2442
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/16 13:50:08 (permalink)
Cool.  Thanks.
DPuro329
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 406
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/21 21:59:59 (permalink)
There seems to be less recent discussion on this thread as opposed to previous years. With less than a week left until Dog Tour '09 is everybody psyched? I know I am. My wife isn't coming this year (no thats not why I'm psyched...well maybe it is just a little bit) but i'm bringing 2 co workers who have never attended before and thought that I was weird (ok weirder than usual) when I told them about the tour. But yet both of them approached me separately about coming this year so there will be 3 of us from the shore venturing north in search of hot dog fulfillment. Can I get an amen? No? Well how about 2 with chili and slaw?

Dave
John Fox
  • Total Posts : 2339
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/22 05:54:15 (permalink)
Oh, I'm psyched just like every year. The itinerary is on the last page I believe. Let me say again that it would be wise to pace yourself. There will be six stops. If you can't eat 6 dogs I encourage you to share.

Lutz's Pork Store is not a hot dog restaurant but they will be giving out samples. Bring a cooler or use one of ours to buy some of their excellent dogs, brats, sausages, and other meats. You can buy packages or just a single dog or sausage to bring home.

It will be a fun day and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Benzee
  • Total Posts : 1878
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/22 07:31:29 (permalink)
Hello all ,

An amen out to you buddy !!!
Looking forward to the 6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour , hope everyone is psyched .
Final preparations being made  , cant wait until Saturday
Any questions feel free to email me

Benzee
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/22 09:38:42 (permalink)
Indeed, I too am psyched. Just to prime the pump as practice, if time allows I will make the pilgrimage to Charlie's Pool Room later in the week  and flex my taste buds...the gastronomical equivalent of wind sprints and shagging some flies.  It's gonna be great.

The Bear
BadDog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/23 10:49:31 (permalink)
I'm absolutely psyched for this- my third trip!  As always, a great itinerary with a mix of the old and new.  Looking forward to seeing everybody again!

Doug
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3006
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/23 11:40:57 (permalink)
Benzee & John & Company -

Hope you all have a great trip...in the immortal words of Hot Doug..There are no two finer words in the English language than encased meats!
Dog Boss
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 206
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/23 13:55:51 (permalink)
John Fox

Oh, I'm psyched just like every year. The itinerary is on the last page I believe. Let me say again that it would be wise to pace yourself. There will be six stops. If you can't eat 6 dogs I encourage you to share.

Lutz's Pork Store is not a hot dog restaurant but they will be giving out samples. Bring a cooler or use one of ours to buy some of their excellent dogs, brats, sausages, and other meats. You can buy packages or just a single dog or sausage to bring home.

It will be a fun day and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Im sorry to say, my wife just cooked a BIG a VERY BIG pot of sauce with meatball's and  Lutz's sweet sausage, we had 10 people over for dinner, 6 had the sausage, 6 very un-happy eaters , yes , we, were all very disappointed........... on my run there, i did pick up there hot dogs, we did find them to be pretty good, and there liverwurst wasn't bad either.

to all the tour people eat and enjoy this saturday, i'm sure you'll find some interesting eat's
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/23 22:26:36 (permalink)
Chi town Diner ,

Thanks buddy  .

Everyone on the bus can expect a pleasant surprise form our own John Sagi . He has been gracious enough to make everyone Chili , to be given to all at the end of the trip !!!

The first of many pleasant surprises for the 6th  Annual Tour on Saturday

Benzee
Cavalier858
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/24 11:58:09 (permalink)
FYI  -  Smokers Delight, a nice cigar store with a walk in humidor is located 2 door to the right of the Lutz pork store - Union.

No I do not work there.
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/24 12:52:17 (permalink)

Hello all ,

A few seats have opened up at the last minute for the tour . I have tried to contact all on the waiting list in the last few days .
Anyone  that is interested in attending please pm me or email me at benzee95@hotmail.com .

Thanks again to John Sagi for making chili for all to take home after the tour .
Another surprise awaits the arrivals at GHI '
Thanks cavalier for the mention of the cigar store next to Lutz .

We will be departing from the Harriman NY  MTA Commuter Lot  at 1000am with arrival at GHI about 1130am

Departure from GHI High Noon for the tour .

Benzee
BadDog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/24 13:10:39 (permalink)
Benzee

Chi town Diner ,

Thanks buddy  .

Everyone on the bus can expect a pleasant surprise form our own John Sagi . He has been gracious enough to make everyone Chili , to be given to all at the end of the trip !!!

The first of many pleasant surprises for the 6th  Annual Tour on Saturday

Benzee

I got a chance to sample John's chili at Amazing Dog's.  This WILL be a real treat!
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/24 21:37:06 (permalink)
Hello all
Any questions ,
Pm or email me at benzee95@hotmail.com

Benzee
post edited by Benzee - 2009/09/25 00:15:42
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/25 00:18:11 (permalink)

Hello all

The trip is SOLD OUT once again for the 6th annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour that will be commencing  this Saturday Sept 26th

Anyone interested in joining us at GHI or a stop along the way is welcome .

Benzee
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/25 15:35:54 (permalink)

Hi everyone ,

On my radio program today " Into the Weekend with Walt and Benzee " on WTBQ we interviewed National Comedian Otto Peterson from Otto and George  fame .
He lives in the area of  GHI and may join us for a dog before we depart  for the tour .
No promises but a possibility

He will be performing at Bananas Comedy Club in Hasbrouck Hts tonite at 930pm and tommorrow night at 1030pm . If you go see him tell him Benzee  said hello . Thats on Rt. 17 south .

Also my cohost Walt will be joining us on the tour this year .

We will be at the Comedy show at the Middletown NY Holiday Inn tonite , so if you are in the area stop in and say hello . Show starts at 9pm .

Looking forward to seeing everyone tommorrow
Feel free to bring coolers to  purchase food and  refreshments , there is plenty of storage room on the motorcoach

Benzee
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 08:11:11 (permalink)

Hello all ,

Today is the day

6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour

Stop by Galloping Hill Inn betweens 11am and Noon to say hello and ahve a dog even if you are not on the tour .

John Fox , Coney Island Lou , Screenbear , D Puro , Benzee, billyboy , Mr Phil ( no not the one from TV and Radio , )  and John Sagi and his famous chili among the many attendees

Looking forward to it

Stepping off from Harriman NY MTA Commuter Train Lot at 10 am
GHI by 1130 am
Leave GHI Noon

See everyone later
John Fox
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 08:15:45 (permalink)
I can't wait. Looks like a beautiful day.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6315
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 08:58:35 (permalink)
Have a great day,you guys...working...wish I could be there........looking forward to photos and review...Someone have an Italian hot dog for me....and hold the ketchup!!!
                                                                      Lee
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 20:48:03 (permalink)

Wow!!!!!

What a  fantastic day , just walked in the door from a very fun day !!!!

Another succesful Jersey Hot Dog Tour is in the books !!

Some great posts  and reviews to come form the many new and old friends I'm sure .

To be continued ........

Benzee
Dog Boss
Cheeseburger
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 21:06:50 (permalink)
we'll, i hope all went well for the DOG TOUR FALL 2009, i wasn't on the bus but did stop at the RAHWAY GRILL and had my share before the bus rolled in.

got a quick meet with benzee and baddog(doug), looking forward to other post, from the experiences of the day.

1. DEE'S HOT TRUCK Roselle Park, nj ( i was there few weeks back ). i give a thumbs up for serving the hot dog nice and "HOT" to get the sabbrett flavors moving (big mistake by many street vendors, dirty water dog's never hot enough). found the roll's ok for steamed (travel partner had two soggy roll's and was turned off). Toppings were average, can be found at most vendors or even stores for that matter, Nothing special. ( out of crushed red pepper, partner was upset. like his spices). HER BIG PLUS WAS THE HOT HOT DOG.

2. LUTZ PORK STORE, UNION, NJ.   PICKED up some DOG'S, SAUSAGE AND LIVERWURST.  hot dog's par boiled the grilled on the BBQ, we found them to be good, liverwurst was good, THE sausage we found to be very disappointing.

3. Galloping Hill, Union ,nj GREW up with the HILL (Peterson's 5 points) , THIS IS A PLACE THAT I'LL JUST EAT THE DOG WITH JUST MUSTARD. i think that, the dog gets lost in the roll, don't get me wrong, the dog and the roll are good, but need to fill the roll with more HOT DOG. THE GH ROLL IS ALSO A GREAT ROLL FOR MEATBALLS , SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS/ONIONS . What happen to peterson's in Florida? still there? i remember the grandparents being sad in the winter month's, back in the day the Union store closed for the winter. 

4. CHARLIES ITALIAN HOT DOG'S, Kenilworth, NJ. Another place with family ties, go out front door of grandmas and we headed to GH, go out the back door , and we headed to Charlies IHD'S on Michagan blvd. opened 1963 this was a big favorite of my grandparents, i know over the years there has been 2 or 3 family members that have run the business, since then, i can't remember having good or even decent hot dog or a IHT. i believe theres been 3 non-family owners.     There's a place down the shore on the rt. 35 s heading towards seaside heights that's called CHARLIES FARM MARKET, my family legend has it as the two were connected back in the sixtys.(my grandfather was connected to the shore location/ family skeleton-mystery thing. back in the day it was more food then farm market stuff.

5. JO JO'S IHD'S RT. 37 EAST TOMS RIVER, NJ . i remember them being in  ISELIN (WOODBRIDGE) at OAK TREE ROAD and  CORREJA.( the old movie house)  as kid, eating there dogs , we thought they were great, Fast foward to now, was there a few weeks ago , THERE's nothing to say GOOD. Were happy to get out of there,  hot dog's hamburgers and the IHD'S were a MAJOR  disapointment.

6. Rutt's Hut, clifton , nj.   interesting and simple, eat them plain, eat them with the house mustard / relish or even just a drizzle of ketchup. they are what they are. simple eat's that are the same time after time.

7. Charlie's Pool Room, ALPHA, NJ  we made our first trip this past thursday, the wife and our 3 yr old in tow, we drove out 58.5 miles to find this legend tucked away in the edge of the state. Yes, we got lost too, like so many other's have. we were welcomed like all other's have said in there posting's, i found the place to be more pleasing to me, then, what i was expecting, i love old structures and there personalties.  I Love Charlies inside stucture. LET'S GET TO The good's of place. we placed our order, we had 5 dog's, 2+2+1 we had a mix. we found the dog's to be ok( honestly) topping's, there special sauce and onions are what CHARLIES POOL ROOM IS ALL ABOUT!!!!! WOW WOW WOW TALK About picture's that don't lie. you get exactly what you see, i have never seen a dog pictured or served that was a DEAD CLONE TO IT'S SELF.we could've ordered 1000 hot dog's that day and everyone of them would've been exactaly the same over and over again. Thank's guy's !!! we  were there for a short time, but we'll be back !!!!! like i said, the dog's were ok, get them together with toppings and now we got something GOOD to EAT.

just some of my insite, i have others that i'll talk about down the road,  JOHNNY'S HOT DOG'S, TEXAS WEINER, RED TOWER, JIMMY BUFF'S, AMAZING(RIP), MR. DEE'S(RIP), BEARS, THE PARK SWEET SHOPPE (RIP), FATHER AND SON'S AND SOME MANY STREET VENDORS THAT HAVE NO NAME.
post edited by Dog Boss - 2009/09/26 21:13:32
Dog Boss
Cheeseburger
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 21:11:27 (permalink)
BENZEE, Was good to meet you today, hopefully down the road we can get together and chat some more. keep up with that health diet, that your on, and great luck to you on reaching your goal.
John Fox
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 21:58:13 (permalink)
Thanks to everyone who attended and made this a terrific day. I can truly say that I look forward to this day more than any other. We were fortunate to have great weather. It was good to meet old friends and some new ones. Special thanks to Benzee who did an excellent job of coordinating the trip. He handled all the travel arrangements as well as the details that go into planning a trip such as collecting money, keeping track of who registered, who paid, and maintaining a waiting list. He had the hard part. All I did was pick the stops. Special thanks to our driver Dennis who did a great job as always.

Thanks to my wife who surprised me with a birthday cake at our first stop. And thanks to all the hard working people at all of our stops who provided us with excellent service as well as excellent food. Thanks to John Sagi who gave everyone a sample of his fine homemade chili.

I think most would agree with me that all the dogs we sampled were very good. Each of the 6 stops served different dogs and had a variety of chilis and toppings.

Some years one or two places dominate in our informal poll for favorite hot dog. Other years like last year the voting was more even and spread out. This year one place got the big majority of votes. That place was the Rahway Grill. They served a grilled Hatfield all beef frank. This particular hot dog is called "New York Style" and is not available in stores or supermarkets. Made in Pennsylvania especially for the New Jersey and New York market, it was the overwhelming favorite with all but 3 voting it best dog of the day. The chili was also well liked.

I didn't raise my hand for a vote, but here are my thoughts.

The Galloping Hill Inn was solid as always. Tasty beef/pork dog enjoyed with just mustard. I like the bun, but it would be better to get a double as one dog gets lost in there. I should have suggested it.

Dees served a piping hot spicy natural casing Sabrett. Again enjoyed with just mustard. No one serves a better dirty water Sabrett. My favorite hot dog truck. Good solid dog.

Rahway Grill served an outstanding dog with a complex flavor that was spicy and smokey at the same time. Prepared well on the griddle and topped with an outstanding chili. I can see why this dog was as popular as it was. One of my favorites as well.

Lutz's Pork Store was next. We were in for quite a treat. Patrick Stasolla, the owner of Lutz's treated us to free samples of all of his hot dogs and wursts! They are made on premise and are as fresh and pure as can be. I sampled their excellent German frank as well as their Bavarian brat and fresh (uncooked) brat. Pat gave us a little history of Lutz's and introduced us to his staff. He answered questions and talked about his products. Last year Lutz's franks were named Reserve Grand Champion by the American Association of Meat Processors. Quite an accomplishment! And well deserved judging by their excellent flavor and texture. Many of the attendees bought hot dogs, sausages, and wursts to take home.

Jimmy Buffs served their signature Italian Hot Dog which was ordered and liked by many. They also had a footlong (all beef Best's) and a quarter pounder (beef/pork Schickhaus) available. One nut ordered a hamburger! I had the footlong. I truly enjoyed each and every dog today. Sometimes I enjoy one more than another not necessarily because it's better, but because I may be in the mood for that style or brand on that particular day. Or one dog may stick out for whatever reason. If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick my favorites today it would be the footlong at Buff's by a hair over Rahway Grill for best beef dog and the excellent German style dog at Lutz's Pork Store for the best beef/pork dog. But it's like picking your favorite car. Mercedes or Jaguar? I love the Best Provision 5 to a lb (the old Syd's dog) and the way it is prepared at Buff's. Sauteed in oil and chargrilled. And I love it's spicy flavor profile.

Our last stop was Pappy's Diner in Totowa. Pappy's is known for their classic Texas Weiner. They use a deep fried mild tasting Thumann's and top it with a zesty, spicy chili sauce that is sweet and tangy at the same time. Although opinions are mixed regarding this chili, it is my favorite Texas Weiner chili out of all that I sampled.

Thanks also to the people who covered our Tour. It will be in the Thursday Union County Local Source and in the Morris County Daily Record. The day is not determined but I will post it as soon as I find out.

Looking forward to everyone's posts and comments. Thanks again for making this a great day.
Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/26 22:22:16 (permalink)
Hello all ,

Could not have said it beeter myself John !!

I was able to post about 40 photos from the tour on my Facebook page but cant seem to do it here .
Go to facebook , go to Erwin Benz, become my friend and see the pictures there .
I will try to post some here if I can .

I will post my insights on the day and tour  soon . All positive , even to that nut eating a Hamburger !!!! My wacky cohost Walt on WTBQ

Benzee
John Sagi
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 146
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/27 12:41:23 (permalink)
Hey Great Trip.

Benzee is right, saying John Fox said it all.

The only thing I could add is everyone on the bus was great.

I'll be setting up the 6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour page for my site shortly. Then posting it here.

I want to thank in advance all that will be sending photos.

Benzee
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/27 18:49:57 (permalink)

Thanks John Sagi ,

The chili was excellent !!

Post all your comments on  the tours only on this thread , thanks all

Benzee
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 753
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/27 20:53:00 (permalink)
As always a VERY successful Dog Tour - every stop was amazing in its own way:

The usual great cooperation of GHI in letting us park and use their lot as a pick up point

The GREAT Sabrett dogs of Dees

The amazing chili dogs of Rahway Grill - I had two!

The incredible hospitality of Lutz's Pork Store - and some of the most amazing sausages this sie of John Holmes!

Jimmy Buff's usual great dogs and hospitality - Hot Dog King of New Jersey - no doubt!

And the great folks at Pappy's

Every place was great, and some were greater than others!

Lets also not forget:

John Fox  -  His incredible knowledge used in putting together this and EVERY one of these tours is simply amazing...if not scary!
seriously John, without this simply would not EVER have happened!

John S for the extreme generoisity of giving us a sample of his home made chili

and of course, Benzee, for putting the business end of the tour together  - it simpossible to say how hard it is putting something like this together like Benzee does - and its always done in good spirits!

Here is my album of tour shots!

And YES - there WILL be shirts next year!!!
HotRodFord
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/27 23:35:47 (permalink)
Hi all,

I had a great time on the tour with everyone. John and Benzee - I thank you for putting this all together and making my second tour better than the first one I attended!!!! Thanks John Sagi for the chili, it was excellent today on my all beef Black Bear natural casing 1/4 pound hot dog from Shop Rite. I plan on making the hot dog tour every chance that I can and hope to see all of you again.
I live about a mile from Rahway Grill and never really thought of going there for a dog, but now I will be going there frequently. The dog was very good and their style chili was a great accompaniment to that style dog. Great blend there.
All of the stops that we made were very good and I have to say that Lutz's went over the top with their hospitality and generosity. I will be back there as well. I bought a slab of double smoked bacon and sliced it up today and it is fantastic. Oh and that sauerkraut was awesome.
Jimmy Buff's also was a great stop and I will never tire of their double Italian hot dog. The best around nowadays. The only better that I've ever had was at Dee's on Springfield Road in Union some 20 years ago but they are no longer there. Jimmy Buff's people did a great job taking care of all of us.
I work in Paterson and I have to say that I have driven to Roselle Park to Dee's hut on numerous occasions on my lunch hour for a great dog.  I have been going to Dee's truck for a long time and her chili dogs are one of the best I have had in a long time. The only other one that I would put above hers was Toby's hot dogs back many years ago on the corner of Inman and Wood Avenues in Colonia where I grew up. They were right in front of the long gone pony rides. Three dogs for a buck or something like that...Long time ago...LOL . It's just what kind of chili you grow up liking that becomes the "benchmark".
Pappy's was a good stop for the last one. I thought that the dog was good but the chili was like alot of the chili in North Jersey, it has that cinnamin or nutmeg kinda flavor to it and is not my preferred chili for a hot dog. It might be good on meatloaf or something.
And The Galloping Hill is as it always is. Good dog for the lunch crowd, but too much bun and not enough meat for the tour crowd. I would have to agree that a double dog or a cheese steak on that bread would be awesome.
I hope the link for my pics works. This is my first attempt and just click on the link below. If I've failed I will try again!!!!

Thanks again all!!! It was a great tour!!!

http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt357/KM68Galaxie/
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 357
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/28 08:55:12 (permalink)
I was at charlies pool room on Sat about 12pm with my wife and a couple of friends and I cant believe I forgot about the tour!! We went to the bloomsbury craft festival and I took them to meet JOe and JOhn> I even saw the sign he put up but Didnt think it was that day!!! Thats wehat I get for not frequenting the site more often!! Really dissapointed And Joe never mentioned that you guys were on your way!!!! He talked about John fox and screen Bear and Benzee and all about the site and the new site but never said you guys were coming!!! Oh well I really hope to meet you all one day!! hope you had a great tour!!
 I just realized you didnt go there!!!!! he had a sign up must of been last years!! no wonder he didnt mention it!!!!!!! lololol
post edited by dannybotz - 2009/09/28 08:57:46
Applecheeks
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/28 09:07:17 (permalink)
It was a nice day and great to meat all the nice people on the 6th annual Hot Dog Tour.  If I were to rate my favorites in order, it would be as follows:
Rahway Grill - I will be back there for more of those dogs.  they were fantastic.
Pappy's diner - Good Dog and a nice chili
Dee's Truck - I had mustard and suerkraut on mine and it was real good.  However, I was standing next to someone who had onions as their topping and they smelled very good.
Lutz's Pork Store - I had the house made german dog which was very good.  The sauerkraut was outstanding.  When I heard they would give us samples, I thught it would be little bites of product on a toothpick.  WRONG!  They had full samples of their products.  It was very generous of them.  I will be back there. 
By the way, they introduced us to their award winning Wurstmeister.  He  looked so young, I thought he was around 12 years old.
Jimmy Buff's - I had a single Italian Dog with everything.  I thought the bread was a little "bready" and it fell apart while I ate it.  At Buff's I had the opportunity to sit next to the "nut" that ordered the hamburger.  There is always one in every group.  Walt was actually a lot of fun to talk to.  I hope to listen to his talk radio show on Friday.
Galloping Hills - The hot dog was ok.  I like a spicier dog, so this was my least favorite.  The bread did overpower the dog, but it was an excellent roll.
It was a pleasure to meet John Fox, Benzee,  John Sagi ( and the chili was great.  Hope to see it in my local supermarket soon) and others (I am very bad at remembering names).
See you all next year for the 7th tour.  I am sure John will find us some new spots to try.
billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2442
Re:6th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sat. Sept 26th 2009 2009/09/28 11:32:29 (permalink)
John Fox and Benzee, thanks so much for putting this whole thing together!!  I had a great time.  And thanks to all who posted with train/bus directions!  Made my journey much easier. 

Screenbear, glad we got to meet and chew the fat (as well as plenty of hot dogs) all day. 

I know there were many others I had the privilege of meeting throughout the day and their names are lost to my foggy memory.  So glad I had the chance to chat with all of you as well. 

Not too much to say here yet about the stops as I'm still working on the report to come hopefully soon...
post edited by billyboy - 2009/09/28 11:37:49
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 29 of 43
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1