The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

11th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 13th , 2014 - past trip reports

Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > >> | Showing page 38 of 43, messages 1111 to 1140 of 1280
DPuro329

• Total Posts: 406
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 10/12/10 10:51 PM (permalink)
Billyboy and Leethebard,
Thanks for your kind words.
Lee, you guys from Northern Ocean county aren't that different...It's not like you're from Tuckerton.

Dave

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
    RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 10/12/10 11:21 PM (permalink)
    billyboy

Dave, thanks for the breakdown of the stops.  I like your style, sir!

yes, good job, Dave!!
    And there is comfort in numbers, as I see that I was'nt the ONLY one NOT to get the GARAGE 25% discount!
    (and I paid for me , my sis, &  ross's meal  this time, so that was about 8 bucks that I did'nt HAVE to spend, if I knew better)

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1503
      RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 10/13/10 10:12 AM (permalink)
      Thanks for the mention, Dave. It was an honor and a privelege, and a lot of fun to be the Bus #2 docent. I kinda felt like the Joe Biden of the tour.

The Bear

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
        RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 10/13/10 3:51 PM (permalink)
        Hello all ,
        Excellent trip report Dave , I always like reading different accounts of the day and especially look forward to your brand of writing .
        John has been in touch with The Garage on this , it should not have happened , and we will see if anything will be done to correct it on their end .
        Benzee

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
          RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 10/13/10 6:14 PM (permalink)
          DPuro329

Billyboy and Leethebard,
          Thanks for your kind words.
          Lee, you guys from Northern Ocean county aren't that different...It's not like you're from Tuckerton.

Dave

Tommy Russ

• Total Posts: 1
            RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 10/21/10 1:21 PM (permalink)
            Is there any way to get added to the 2011 waiting list? 

I heard about the Tour on Serious Eats, then pulled up some info from the NJ.com article.  I'm a NJ resident and hot dog enthusiast, can't believe I haven't heard of the Tour earlier!

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 10/21/10 3:12 PM (permalink)
              Tommy ,
              Email me at benzee95@hotmail.com  to get on the list for next yr
              Benzee

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 11/4/10 8:26 PM (permalink)
                Hello all ,

The 8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour will be Sat Sept 24th , 2011
                Yes we like to plan ahead . Email me if you are interested in attending . we have two motorcoaches reserved again for the trip .
                Heading has been corrected to show 2011 tour
                Benzee

HotSpot

• Total Posts: 8
                  RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 12/29/10 3:41 PM (permalink)
                  Do you do the same stops every year?

Bossa Nova

• Total Posts: 63
                    RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 12/29/10 7:52 PM (permalink)
                    3 of the 7 stops on the 2010 tour had been on the 2009 tour but 1 of the 3 repeats was the place where we all park and meet the buses.
                    <message edited by Bossa Nova on Wed, 12/29/10 8:31 PM>

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 01/3/11 1:56 PM (permalink)
                      Hello all ,
                      Based upon the response already , we are opening up the reservations as of now . Payment in full will secure the reservation . Cost will either be $30 or 35 depending on cost of motorcoach , I will know by the end of the week .
                      PM or email me for my new address as we have moved to a new home .
                      Thank you
                      Benzee

ScreenBear

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 01/3/11 10:00 PM (permalink)
                        'Scuse me...I really like hot dogs a lot. Any chance of me hopping aboard next fall? I bet I could eat at least 2, maybe 3 frankfurters.

In any case, congratulations and best of health in the new manse. 

The Bear

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 01/4/11 10:57 AM (permalink)
                          Hi Screenbear ,
                          Happy New Yr buddy and you are always on the list unless you tell me otherwise .
                          Thanks buddy
                          Benzee

ScreenBear

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 01/8/11 9:29 PM (permalink)
                            Thanks, Benzee. I knew I could count on you. Any chance of you Hudson Valley boys coming down for a Charlie's Pool Room meet one day? 

Best wishes, 
                              The Bear

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 01/8/11 10:57 PM (permalink)
                              Hello Screenbear ,
                              As a matter of fact I'm trying to set it up with Coney Lou to make the trip one day during the week . Whats a good day for you , we are looking at first or second week in Feb
                              Benzee

ScreenBear

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sun, 01/9/11 11:01 AM (permalink)
                                Benzee, 

I prefer Thursdays or Fridays, though Tuesday is OK, too. Let's see how she pans out. 
                                 The Bear

johnlockedema

• Total Posts: 155
                                  RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 01/13/11 4:36 PM (permalink)
                                  Put me down for a Charlie's visit-I've never been, although I'm a bit ashamed to admit that.

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 02/5/11 8:58 PM (permalink)
                                    Hello all ,

The motorcoaches are reserved ,  the cost will be $35 per person as cost has increased .
                                    I have a new mailing address , so those that are interested feel free to PM me for payment info 
                                    If you are reading this , you are welcome to attend , we will fill up quickly and payment reserves spot on motorcoach .
                                    Benzee

margek48

Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Fri, 02/11/11 10:26 AM (permalink)
                                      count on 2 hotdog mavens from MD!
                                      details about reservations, etc.?

Benzee

Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Sun, 02/27/11 9:24 PM (permalink)
                                        Hello all ,

We are now accepting reservations for the trip on Sept 24th . PM me for any questions and payment info  .
                                        Intinerary will be handles once again by John Fox
                                        I will be handling the reservations and transportation logisitics .
                                        No waiting list !! If  you want to go , payment reserves the seat .

Benzee

Benzee

Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Sun, 04/3/11 7:45 PM (permalink)
                                          Hello all ,
                                          Make your reservations early this year, first come first serve .
                                           We have confirmed so far , State of Florida and Alabama attendees flying into the Big Apple area for the tour .
                                          PM me here or on FB or email for more info
                                          Benzee

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
                                            Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Sun, 04/3/11 7:48 PM (permalink)
                                            And possibly 2 young women from Ireland!

Benzee

Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Sun, 04/3/11 10:22 PM (permalink)
                                              Hello all ,
                                              John actually might be  three from Ireland ,  how could I forget , they have already booked their trip and will be in New York City .
                                              Also they will not have a rent a  car and may need a ride from Manhattan . I know there has to be a single guy out there to help out three Irish  gals for the day . !!
                                              Any of our potential stops able to do some  cabbage on the dogs
                                              Benzee

ConeyIslandLou

• Total Posts: 737
                                                Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Mon, 04/4/11 8:45 AM (permalink)
                                                Benzee

Hello all ,
                                                John actually might be  three from Ireland ,  how could I forget , they have already booked their trip and will be in New York City .
                                                Also they will not have a rent a  car and may need a ride from Manhattan . I know there has to be a single guy out there to help out three Irish  gals for the day . !!
                                                Any of our potential stops able to do some  cabbage on the dogs
                                                Benzee

This is crazy - how some TV station can ignore this is beyond me!

And Benzee - how much of a bribe do you need to put these ladies on same bus with me?

caa3

Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Tue, 04/26/11 10:03 AM (permalink)
                                                  This is my first time to this web site.  How do we sign up for the Hot Dog Tour?

Benzee

Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Wed, 04/27/11 6:57 PM (permalink)
                                                    Hello caa3 ,
                                                    Email me at benzee95@hotmail.com or PM me a message here for payment details
                                                    Benzee

WarmBeer

• Total Posts: 77
                                                      • Location: bloomfield, NJ
                                                      Re:8th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 24th , 2011 - past trip reports Wed, 05/25/11 2:42 PM (permalink)
                                                      Hello to all,  My first post.  Just recently came across this site, which looks to be right up my alley.  Been a staunch follower of DDD & BTIEA over the last year or more and have done several DDD Trips since then, including 12 locations in the Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Boise) last summer and a recent trip hitting 11 places through Baltimore, West VA (including Hillbilly Hotdogs Homewrecker), Kentucky, OH & PA.
                                                      The NJ Dogpounder (let's pound down some dogs) looks like a great day of canine calorie consumption.  I plan to sign up soon. 
                                                      Just had a question about this thread.  I traced it back to the start and as far as I can tell it only documents the stops on the tour starting with the 3rd year in 2006.  Is there documentation of the stops on the first 2 years anywhere?  I was amazed as I traced back at how many great dog dens there are still to experience between all the stops on the tour and other recommendations.  I just had to run out to Tony's Truck in Branch Brook for lunch and then noticed Dickie Dee's on the way there, so had an I-dog too.  Looking forward to many more discoveries thanks to the crew here.

Benzee

• Location: Bullville , NY
                                                        RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 06/9/11 7:08 PM (permalink)
                                                        Hello all ,
                                                        For those interested in attending , PM  or email me . last yr we had two full busses . If you wait till August you will most likely be on a waiting list .
                                                        Benzee

Damian

• Location: Dayton, NJ
                                                          RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Fri, 06/10/11 10:14 PM (permalink)
                                                          Too bad this is the same day as the Vendy's in NY or I'd be so on this....no chance of a date change is there?!?!?!

Benzee

• Location: Bullville , NY
                                                            RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 06/11/11 8:10 PM (permalink)
                                                            Damian ,
                                                            Not unless they change the date of The Super Bowl or  World Series buddy !!
                                                            We plan the date a yr in advance as we have folks coming in from all over the country .
                                                            Benzee

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > >> | Showing page 38 of 43, messages 1111 to 1140 of 1280

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 4 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com