The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

11th Annual Jersey Hot Dog Tour - Sept 13th , 2014 - past trip reports

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 43, messages 151 to 180 of 1280
Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 07/17/06 1:24 PM (permalink)
John ,
You have outdone yourself with picking these new establishments to go along with the favorites of the last two years .

Benzee

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
    RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 07/20/06 3:23 PM (permalink)
    There was an article in Wednesday's Star Ledger which discussed the closing of Tabatchnik's. Syd's was also talked about. The article even mentioned our hot dog tour. I am having trouble finding a link. If I can't get one, I'll include some quotes from the article.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
      RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 07/20/06 11:01 PM (permalink)
      John, can't seem to find the Star Ledger article, but I did come us with this one.

http://www.njjewishnews.com/njjn.com/071306/njStaplesMovesIn.html

Should be good for Syd's.

John Fox

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Fri, 07/21/06 8:28 AM (permalink)

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 07/25/06 4:05 PM (permalink)
          Hello all ,

We will make the start for those meeting in Jersey the Galloping Hill Inn , say 11 or 1130 am , on Sept 16th .

For those from Upstate NY and points north we will have a Bus leaving around 9 30 am from the Monroe / Harriman area

Benzee

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 07/29/06 3:05 PM (permalink)
            Hello all ,

Hot Dog Nation presents

It is that time again to start collecting for the Jersey Hot Dog Tour .
            The date is Sat. Sept . 16th
            Bus departs Orange County NY at 930am
            Pickup at Galloping Hill Inn , NJ at 1100am
            We will have an airconditioned school bus for our tour like last year and the cost will be $20 per person .

We will also have soda and water on the bus to quench your thirst inbetween stops.

To ensure seating please send a check or money order payable to Erwin Benz or cash to

We are limited to the first 40 paid .

Coney Island Lou is working on a tour shirt .

John Fox is finalizing the intinerary and order of visits.

I have sent out a few press releases to the media , so if you see any out there let me know , under Hot Dog Nation .

Thanks for your interest

Benzee

PS - Anyone interested in Saratoga Races we will have a Motorcoach leaving Monroe NY on Mon Aug 14th for $40 per person .

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 08/1/06 11:40 AM (permalink)
              Hello all ,
              I'm cohosting a radio show this evening ( Tues) 6- 7 pm on WTBQ 1110 am out of Florida NY.
              A small local community station but I have become a regular .
              You can listen over the internet at WTBQ.com
              I plan to mention the Hot Dog Tour and if anyone would like to call in on the air feel free . Between 630 and 7 would be good .
              845 651 1110 .
              The show is called " Prime Time with Uncle Buck and Dr. Litner "
              The Doc is on Vac this week , should be a lot of fun .

Benzee

John Fox

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 08/1/06 4:06 PM (permalink)
                That's great, Benzee! I just checked to see if I can get this station online with my old computer (I can). But I'll be out tonight on the Munchmobile. Let me know when you will be on again.

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 08/3/06 3:54 PM (permalink)
                  Hello John ,

I will be on the show every Tues from 6 - 7 pm .
                  I was the cohost with Uncle Buck and we had a few guests so we did not discuss Roadfood or the tour .
                  I would like to do a segment on it one of these Tues. and get a few Roadfooders to call the station .
                  Let me know if you can call in next Tues , or any other Hot Doogers and we will set this up .

Benzee

John Fox

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 08/3/06 8:36 PM (permalink)
                    If I'm home Tuesday, I will definitely call in. Although we go out on the Munchmobile every Tuesday, we may not this coming Tuesday because we will be going to New York on Sunday. I will find out our schedule for next week on Sunday, so if we don't go out, I'll be home and will call in.

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 08/7/06 6:07 PM (permalink)
                      John ,

Sounds good , if you can try the call in at about 645 pm .
                      We have a few guests and have another call in , so this should be good .

Start sending in those checks everyone for the Hot Dog Tour - Sept 16th

Benzee

John Fox

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 08/7/06 8:37 PM (permalink)
                        Benzee,

Unfortunately, we did not go to New York Sunday. Hopefully, we will soon. We wound up going to a few places in the southern part of the state. We will not be going out Tuesday, so I will call in.

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 08/9/06 3:42 PM (permalink)
                          Hello all ,

John Fox was a great call in guest to "Prime Time " with Uncle Buck , Dr. Litner and myself on Tues night .

The show airs from 6 - 7 pm on Tues evening on WTBQ 1110 am out of Florida NY.

You can listen at www.WTBQ.com

This is a new show and we talk about everything .
                          We went from Weight Watchers discussion right into the Hot Dog Tour with John .

I mentioned the Hot Dog Tour and Uncle Buck may be joining us for the event and we are gonna do a live remote from one of the stops .

They loved John and will be checking out Roadfood this week , anyone else interested in calling in let me know .

Checks are starting to come in for the tour .
                          CI Lou has a great new design for the shirt .

Benzee

John Fox

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 08/9/06 6:23 PM (permalink)
                            Benzee,

Thanks for having me on the show. I really enjoyed listening and then calling in. You are definitely a natural for radio. I can tell that you guys have a lot of fun doing it. I'll be tuning in regularly and urge others to do so.

ConeyIslandLou

• Total Posts: 737
                              RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Wed, 08/9/06 10:29 PM (permalink)
                              The new shirt is available now!!!

http://www.zazzle.com/exapno/product/235761916026751053

went for a different type design this year......

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
                                RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Thu, 08/10/06 10:04 AM (permalink)
                                Good looking shirt.
                                The Bear

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 08/12/06 10:30 AM (permalink)
                                  Hello all ,

1) Great shirt Coney Island Lou . I will be getting one shortly .

2) Anyone interested in calling into the radio show on tues 6 - 7 pm on WTBQ 1110 am , www.wtbq.com , 8456511110 . Let me know and I will set it up .
                                  I will also be the cohost next Fri from 9 to 10 am filling in with Uncle Buck for a sick host .

3) Here is a list I have so far . Let me know if I need any additions or subtractions .

Benzee
                                  Coney Island Lou
                                  John Fox
                                  Pat Fox
                                  John Logan " Seafarer John "
                                  Gail Logan
                                  "Brooklyn Bill " Esser
                                  Virginia Esser
                                  Sonjaab
                                  Mr. Phil + 9 guests
                                  Leo Fontanella
                                  Jonathan Tan
                                  umbada
                                  Linda
                                  Signman
                                  Screenbear
                                  Long Dog
                                  Little Dog
                                  Aleswench ?
                                  Alersrus ?
                                  Scallion 1 ?
                                  Meozwart ?
                                  Crvissiam ?

Payment received for 6 persons so far .

Cost is $20 per person includes the bus refreshments onboard , and the guest commentary of Mr. John Fox
                                  Payment details on this thread in previous post.

See you all soon

Benzee

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sun, 08/13/06 11:48 PM (permalink)
                                    Hello all ,

Here are the locations we will visit on the tour .
                                    The intinerary is courtesy of John Fox .

Galloping Hill Inn
                                    J's Beef
                                    Jerrys and Tommys
                                    Mannys Texas Weiners
                                    Syds
                                    Dickies Dees
                                    Tonys Truck
                                    Amazing Hot Dogs
                                    Libbys
                                    Rutts Hutt

We have added new stops like J's Beef , Dickie dees, Tonys Truck , Amazings Hot Dogs and Libbys.
                                    We are keeping Galloping Hill Inn as a starting point
                                    And of course , we have to visit Syds , Rutts Hutt and Mannys Texas Weiners and Jerrys and Tommys , the mainstays from the past two years.

Join us if you will

Benzee

aleswench

• Total Posts: 686
                                      RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 08/15/06 3:23 PM (permalink)
                                      We still can't commit yet - trying to re-arrange our schedule. Will let you know asap. Shirts look great! And Benzee and John, you are doing a great job organizing this, as usual! Really hope we can make it. Sue

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Tue, 08/15/06 3:54 PM (permalink)
                                        Hello all ,

I will be doing my radio talk show this evening Tues from 6 to 7 pm .
                                        1110 am WTBQ
                                        www.wtbq.com

845 6511110

John Fox may call in again
                                        Anyone else interested feel free to give us a call .

Benzee

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Fri, 08/18/06 4:40 AM (permalink)
                                          Hello all ,

We have 27 on the list so far for the Jersey Hot Dog Tour and the bus can take about 40 .

Checks are coming in , so do not get shut out of the 3rd Annual jaunt

Coney Island Lou has made up some nice shirts

We should have radio personality Uncle Buck with us doing a live remote for WTBQ 1110 am .

We also have releases to the print media to join us . Last year a photog and reporter from a Passaic Daily paper joined us and we ended up in the Sunday paper .TOOOO cccooolll

Benzee

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 08/21/06 6:53 PM (permalink)
                                            Hello all ,

Checks are coming in for the Hot dog Tour .
                                            CI Lou has a great shirt made up for the tour , different than last two years.
                                            A lot of new friends are joining us so do not wait till the last minute to decide to hop onboard.

John Fox , Coney Island Lou and myself may get together for a pretour lunch . Any questions or concerns let us know .

Benzee

Benzee

RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Fri, 08/25/06 5:44 PM (permalink)
                                              Hello all ,
                                              Updates for the tour
                                              The radio show is now on from 1 - 2 pm on Fridays . Today we were on from 9 to 10 am and 1 to 2 pm . Starting next week its 1 to 2 pm .
                                              Coney Island Lou and John Fox both called in . Great stuff guys .!!!
                                              John was on his Munchmobile tour and gave us a report from Newark .
                                              Once again www.wtbq.com anyone that wants to call in next week

Tour shirts are ready to go . Thanks to CI Lou
                                              Intinerary set thanks to John Fox

Seats still available on the bus for the tour
                                              $20 per person includes refreshments on bus

Pickups will be Harriman MTA Train Parking Lot off exit 16 on the NYS Thruway ( same as last year ) 930 am

Galloping Hill Inn , Kenilworth , NJ ( start point for the tour ) 1100am

Recent checks received from
                                              Umbada and Linda
                                              Leo Fontanella
                                              Jonathan Tan
                                              John Fox

Room for about 15 more so let me know if interested

Benzee

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
                                                RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Fri, 08/25/06 9:51 PM (permalink)
                                                Benzee, reserve my seat. Was planning to settle with you at Crabstock, but will get a check off next week.

ConeyIslandLou

• Total Posts: 737
                                                  RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Fri, 08/25/06 11:15 PM (permalink)
                                                  Just a reminder that the semi-Official Tour Shirt (and all the shirts from all of the Dog Runs)is/are available at: www.zazzle.com/exapno - various colors, sizes and styles are available!

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                                                    RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sat, 08/26/06 12:30 PM (permalink)
                                                    I am so bummed.. I have the following week off.
                                                    Still drooling over that chili dog from the mini meet photos.

Benzee

• Location: Bullville , NY
                                                      RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sun, 08/27/06 2:21 AM (permalink)
                                                      Signman ,

I put you down on the list . Sorry I missed the Crabstock but work got in the way . Was so looking forward to that and the ballgame .

CI Lou , nothing semi - official about those shirts , great job , and if you want to call in or visit the studio next week let me know we will get you on the air again.

Benzee

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
                                                        • Location: Westfield, NJ
                                                        RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Sun, 08/27/06 10:57 PM (permalink)
                                                        My check is in the mail...really.
                                                        The Bear

Akavar

• Total Posts: 361
                                                          • Location: Flemington, NJ
                                                          RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 08/28/06 9:32 AM (permalink)
                                                          Benzee -

I did not disappear from the face of the earth - just been off on my own food adventures this summer.

Around Jersey and Philly for hot dogs, cheese steaks, roast pork sandwiches, and breakfast places. To upstate NY for barbecue chicken in the southern tier, Buffalo for beef on weck and wings, Syracuse for Dinosaur's BBQ, Utica for some of their unique cuisine, and the finger lakes for hot truck sandwiches and a great cheeseburger. Also, down to Johnson City, TN for east Tennessee BBQ an up to Cincinnati for chili 5 ways, some great ice cream, and goetta.

My check in in the mail. I will be meeting the bus in Kenilworth.

If anyone is interested in my some explorations I will be glad to expound on them in another thread.

Akavar

John Fox

• Location: Union, NJ
                                                            RE: Jersey Hot Dog Tours and Mini Meets Mon, 08/28/06 9:33 AM (permalink)
                                                            Let's hear about the dogs!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 43, messages 151 to 180 of 1280

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com