Hot!1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Kentuckys finest
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2013/07/13 00:13:22 (permalink)
Reese I cut PVC pipe slightly larger than the cylinder and shorter, then cut a full lenght slot in them larger than the diameter of the shaft. Slide them over your shaft and pull them up after you open your door, this will lock the struts in place. Then slide them down before you close your door. I put O-rings around them to keep them in place. I really appreciate all the time you have taken to post your progress, you've done a great job Thanks for your help!
OurCoffeeTruck
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 53
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2013/08/13 22:08:28 (permalink)
Hey Reese, Rectorseal makes blue dope that's vibration resistant. Its called " Tru-Blu ". The yellow also works well on gas. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use white "T plus 2" on gas. I'm sure you've already figured your problem out by now but just figured I'd throw that out there for curious onlookers.

http://www.amazon.com/Ez-...-Sealant/dp/B00838IZKS
post edited by OurCoffeeTruck - 2013/08/13 22:12:19
reese77
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 508
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2013/08/14 10:37:01 (permalink)
OurCoffeeTruck

Hey Reese, Rectorseal makes blue dope that's vibration resistant. Its called " Tru-Blu ". The yellow also works well on gas. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use white "T plus 2" on gas. I'm sure you've already figured your problem out by now but just figured I'd throw that out there for curious onlookers.

http://www.amazon.com/Ez-...-Sealant/dp/B00838IZKS

Thanks, I found a good plumber to come out and he finished everything and it all works fine. The truck is done with exception to me finishing up the wrap. I messed up on the driver side and had some set backs.
PaPaSneaux
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2014/03/23 20:17:53 (permalink)
Reese-  You're a super star.  I spent about 4-5 hours combing through your tread and am amazed by the total transformation that you went through.  You're a lot braver than I am my friend.  A couple of questions for you...
I have a seasonal business and just discovered that the winter was brutal and my entire plumbing piping system is cracked/broken due to ice in many areas and needs to be completely redone.

1.  When running the plumbing for your food truck, was there any specific reason why you didn't you PEX instead of PVC pipes?  I'm considering ripping out all of the cracked PVC out and installing PEX (2 different color hoses for Hot/Cold Water).  It's flexible, easy to assemble, and no glue/adhesive required.  Am I missing something?

2.  I saw the pictures of the Powerhouse generator that you purchased.  Are you using it?  How is it holding up?  Is it reliable?  I was considering using two Honda EU2000I Inverter (one Companion) + a dual feel extended run tank.  It's extremely quiet, reliable, and it should produce the power I'm looking for.  However, I just ran into the Powerhouse Inverter that you purchased while running into my local RV supply store.  I don't know anything about them.  They are HALF the Price of the Honda.  My only concern is longevity and reliability.  Any insight?
kapowtruck
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 129
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2014/03/23 23:13:19 (permalink)
PaPaSneaux

Reese-  You're a super star.  I spent about 4-5 hours combing through your tread and am amazed by the total transformation that you went through.  You're a lot braver than I am my friend.  A couple of questions for you...
I have a seasonal business and just discovered that the winter was brutal and my entire plumbing piping system is cracked/broken due to ice in many areas and needs to be completely redone.

1.  When running the plumbing for your food truck, was there any specific reason why you didn't you PEX instead of PVC pipes?  I'm considering ripping out all of the cracked PVC out and installing PEX (2 different color hoses for Hot/Cold Water).  It's flexible, easy to assemble, and no glue/adhesive required.  Am I missing something?

2.  I saw the pictures of the Powerhouse generator that you purchased.  Are you using it?  How is it holding up?  Is it reliable?  I was considering using two Honda EU2000I Inverter (one Companion) + a dual feel extended run tank.  It's extremely quiet, reliable, and it should produce the power I'm looking for.  However, I just ran into the Powerhouse Inverter that you purchased while running into my local RV supply store.  I don't know anything about them.  They are HALF the Price of the Honda.  My only concern is longevity and reliability.  Any insight?

Welcome to the board. Reese has decided to go brick and mortar and sold his truck, so he's not really on here anymore. On my Plumbing though I went all flexible braided line and didn't have problems with freezing.
PaPaSneaux
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2014/03/24 01:43:03 (permalink)
Thanks for the input. I'm going to be working with a plumber tomorrow, so I will way in on his input also, but think that flexible is definitely the way to go instead of using PVC pipe. 

Wow.  He sold his truck?  After all that?  wow.  Someone got a great Truck! 
kapowtruck
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 129
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Build - Continued 2014/03/26 10:06:02 (permalink)
PaPaSneaux

Thanks for the input. I'm going to be working with a plumber tomorrow, so I will way in on his input also, but think that flexible is definitely the way to go instead of using PVC pipe. 

Wow.  He sold his truck?  After all that?  wow.  Someone got a great Truck! 

HOw did the plumbing go?   Yea he sold it w/o the kitchen equipment. I looked at it for a 2nd truck but shipping was way too much.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1