The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 12 of 32, messages 331 to 360 of 948
RLK

• Total Posts: 1
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sat, 02/4/12 5:48 PM (permalink)
What a great thread!

mikejames533

• Total Posts: 99
    Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sat, 02/4/12 8:31 PM (permalink)
    Reese77, where did you get your single tube ceiling lights?

Thanks Mike

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
      Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sat, 02/4/12 9:55 PM (permalink)
      mikejames533

Reese77, where did you get your single tube ceiling lights?

Thanks Mike

Home Depot ($29), they are T8 fixtures, much brighter than traditional florescent tubes.

mikejames533

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sun, 02/5/12 3:58 PM (permalink)
        I looked at Home Depot online, but could not find the $29 T8 fixture. They are 4' long, correct?  Do you have a model # ?

Thank you for your help,
        Mike

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sun, 02/5/12 6:39 PM (permalink)
          mikejames533

I looked at Home Depot online, but could not find the $29 T8 fixture. They are 4' long, correct?  Do you have a model # ?

Thank you for your help,
          Mike

Yes, they are 4'. I will get the model tomorrow when I go into the truck.

food truck captain

• Total Posts: 2
            Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sun, 02/5/12 10:32 PM (permalink)
            hello all...i build my own doors for my shelves...i used .040 aluminum, and use piano hinge, thin i got thin rubber to go around the edges...it looks great...people didnt believe i build it...lol    i hope this helps...

greg198
            stainless steel doors for the cabinets I found out that lowes sells a specific size for $200.00  2ftx3ft opening but they can do special order sizes also.

Do a search here on RF for the Challenger Door Company in northern Indiana they will custom make your doors much cheaper, than you'd ever dream. Or is it Champion Door I forgot? One or the other.

food truck captain

• Total Posts: 2
              Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sun, 02/5/12 10:40 PM (permalink)
              i have a few hidden leaks in my roof, i had to take the insulation and aluminum  down to find the leaks, or tiny drips...any suggestions...its preventing me from finishing the rest of my ft projet

JohnL08

• Total Posts: 58
                Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Mon, 02/6/12 6:35 AM (permalink)
                Eternabond Tape

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 02/7/12 9:24 AM (permalink)
                  I ordered a new fresh water tank. I never liked my under sink setup as my current tank is too large. The new tank is 34" x 18 x 12 and will allow me to change the way I have the drain pipes configured.

After reading other threads, I want to get rid of my electric tankless and buy a propane tankless like this one. The issue that I have is that my sink is on the customer serving side and I do not want to vent the heater toward the customers. The vent cannot be routed downward out the bottom of the truck, so the only other option is straight up through the ceiling. I sent the manufacturer a question about routing the pipe this way but no response as of yet.

Has anyone routed their LP tankless through the ceiling?

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 02/7/12 10:34 AM (permalink)
                    mikejames533

Thank you for your help,
                    Mike

The 1 lamp strip is made by Lithonia Lighting and the model is 204RUH.

mikejames533

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 02/7/12 3:09 PM (permalink)
                      Thank you reese77 for your help . Wow my Home Depot price is $22.92 per light. Going to go pick up 4 of them soon to replace my old fixtures.

Thanks again,
                      Mike

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 02/7/12 3:40 PM (permalink)
                        reese77
                        I want to buy a propane tankless like this one. . The vent cannot be routed downward out the bottom of the truck, so the only other option is straight up through the ceiling. I sent the manufacturer a question about routing the pipe this way but no response as of yet. Has anyone routed their LP tank-less through the ceiling?

Yes mine vents through the ceiling. I used a double wall 4 inch pipe straight up cut a hole and put a collar on the top. Works fine and it's been like that for 6 years.
                        <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Tue, 02/7/12 3:41 PM>

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 02/7/12 3:45 PM (permalink)
                          Dr of BBQ

reese77
                          I want to buy a propane tankless like this one. . The vent cannot be routed downward out the bottom of the truck, so the only other option is straight up through the ceiling. I sent the manufacturer a question about routing the pipe this way but no response as of yet. Has anyone routed their LP tank-less through the ceiling?

Yes mine vents through the ceiling. I used a double wall 4 inch pipe straight up cut a hole and put a collar on the top. Works fine and it's been like that for 6 years.

Thanks. What type of collar did you put on the top. I have been looking at vent pips and caps trying to find a low profile cap that keeps the rain out of the pipe but is not a huge eyesore.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                            Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 02/7/12 4:19 PM (permalink)
                            Heck I don't know what it's called but it's round and slides pretty tightly over the pipe where is goes through the roof. We put some sealant on it when we built it and I haven't touched it since.

LMAO I just went out and looked at it from the ground and the collar is two inches above the roof. i'll bet it's hit on tree branches as we moved the trailer to go to events. God. It hasn't leaked but it will now that we talked about it. LOL
                            Jack
                            PS come to think about it it looks like the collar that is right on top of a home hot water heater. I bought it at Lowes.

Galvanized Storm Collar (4 Inch) (SC 4 )
                            High Quality Storm Vent Collars in galvanized metal to secure and weather seal your stove, gas, flue and other exhaust pipes. Made of 26 gauge metal. Tightening Bolt included.
                            PRICE: $12.01

<message edited by Dr of BBQ on Wed, 02/8/12 9:06 AM>

marco226

• Total Posts: 177
                              Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Wed, 02/8/12 9:48 PM (permalink)
                              there is a company in norh JERSEY...i do not remember the name.
                              they will do a blue print for you for 300.00

marco226

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Wed, 02/8/12 10:07 PM (permalink)
                                i plan on buying the same generator.
                                my truck came with a generator box.
                                i called the manufacture and the distriurator for the measurments.
                                i got three differant dimentions.
                                if you do not mined can you tell me the dementions without the wheels.

marco226

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Wed, 02/8/12 10:07 PM (permalink)
                                  i plan on buying the same generator.
                                  my truck came with a generator box.
                                  i called the manufacture and the distriurator for the measurments.
                                  i got three differant dimentions.
                                  if you do not mined can you tell me the dementions without the wheels.

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 2:01 PM (permalink)
                                    New fresh water tank fits alot nicer under the sink, now I can properly plumb the drains.

mikejames533

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 3:50 PM (permalink)
                                      That looks much better! What size tank did you go with?

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 5:10 PM (permalink)
                                        mikejames533

That looks much better! What size tank did you go with?

30 Gallon (34" x 18" x 12"). The last tank was 35 Gallon.

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
                                          Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 8:40 PM (permalink)
                                          I hope for your sake that that blue little knob attached to that little pipe is NOT your drain pipe. Speaking from experience you will wish you had a bigger one if it is. I've had more issues with even 1.5" pipe getting clogged, that I actually cut out my sinks and went with only a hand washing sink and replaced my counter top. HD was perfectly fine with it and told me I didn't even need a hand wash sink as long as I had a hand washing station ( which consisted of a water jug and paper towels. )   I was PISSED lol   I actually MOCKED your first set up on your build on my food truck. I had to raise my sinks a bit with some pipe and it seems to be functional and everything is screwed to the wall.

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 9:04 PM (permalink)
                                            THE WILD DOG

I hope for your sake that that blue little knob attached to that little pipe is NOT your drain pipe. Speaking from experience you will wish you had a bigger one if it is. I've had more issues with even 1.5" pipe getting clogged, that I actually cut out my sinks and went with only a hand washing sink and replaced my counter top. HD was perfectly fine with it and told me I didn't even need a hand wash sink as long as I had a hand washing station ( which consisted of a water jug and paper towels. )   I was PISSED lol   I actually MOCKED your first set up on your build on my food truck. I had to raise my sinks a bit with some pipe and it seems to be functional and everything is screwed to the wall.

Yes, the blue valve is the tank drain. The standard threaded holes provided are only 3/8". I found a 3/8" to 1/2" quick connect valve (pictured) and 1/2" opaque RV style water line. I will use that for both fresh water tank drain and fresh water feed to pump.

I'm not worried about clogging from the fresh water tank, the water inlet will have a screen (HD required) to prevent bugs from entering the tank, so there should be nothing in the tank to clog the drain....I hope.

THE WILD DOG

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 9:13 PM (permalink)
                                              oh that's just a fresh tank... oh no worries LOL I thought for a min that you put your waste under the sink and not under the truck. SMH man i'm burnt out lol . I will admit that round tank is a freakin beast to work around.

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 9:26 PM (permalink)
                                                THE WILD DOG

oh that's just a fresh tank... oh no worries LOL I thought for a min that you put your waste under the sink and not under the truck. SMH man i'm burnt out lol . I will admit that round tank is a freakin beast to work around.

No prob, I understand, I think everyone is burnt out....TGIF

My waste tank in underneath the truck, I want to replace that with this, since my current waste tank is not sloped to the drain, but the tank on Ebay is a bit too big and that has been the case with all the true RV waste tanks I have seen online, either too long or too wide.

Yes, that old fresh water tank is a beast but it will be put to good use in my hydroponic green house build this summer.

THE WILD DOG

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/10/12 10:51 PM (permalink)
                                                  for my slope issue, I just let the drain side hang a tad bit lower than the back side, I still have to cut the hole and buy the liquid pvc to seal it. I just haven't found a pvc twist lock pipe that is actually easy to turn.

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/17/12 10:42 AM (permalink)
                                                    I re-calculated my electrical needs since I am going with a propane steam table and a propane water heater. Am I wrong in seeing that a 6500W generator will be more than enough and I do not need to go for a 10,000W generator?

If the picture is too small, you can enlarge here

Dr of BBQ

• Location: Springfield, IL
                                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                                      Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 02/17/12 11:27 AM (permalink)

http://www.jobsite-genera...power_calculators.html
                                                      Convert Amps to Watts
                                                      Voltage     Amps to watts to figure generator size

<message edited by Dr of BBQ on Fri, 02/17/12 11:28 AM>

reese77

• Location: Stockbridge, GA
                                                        Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sat, 02/18/12 4:38 PM (permalink)
                                                        I went to a restaurant equipment auction today in hopes of getting a used hood vent, griddle and char broiler. The hood vent turned out to be a professional kitchen vent and not commercial vent and the griddle and broiler were too big. I ended up buying a pallet of togo boxes, cups, etc. a pallet of silicone food ties, a stainless table and a pallet of chef coats. I should profit nicely on Ebay.

I bought a 6000W generator and my LP tankless arrived today. It is raining now so I will see what I can get done tomorrow if whether permits.

reese77

• Location: Stockbridge, GA
                                                          Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Sun, 02/19/12 9:36 PM (permalink)
                                                          Tight squeeze....I need to figure the exhaust out.

Inkys

• Total Posts: 64
                                                            • Joined: 10/30/2011
                                                            • Location: Sacramento, CA
                                                            Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Mon, 02/20/12 3:22 AM (permalink)
                                                            Hello Reese,
                                                            What a great posting! I just started reading it, so maybe I've missed it, but I'm wondering how you handled a couple of tasks.
                                                            1. Cutting large sheets of stainless or aluminum. (A shear is not in my budget :-)
                                                            2. Bending Stainless for corners etc. (metal brakes are expensive also)
                                                            3. Mounting equipment. It looks like you haven't gotten to that point yet, but I'm wondering about mounting grills, fryers, etc. I'm not sure mounting to the inner wall (wood) is strong enough.  

I just bought a P30 also and I'm just getting started, so your posting is invaluable. Kudos

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 12 of 32, messages 331 to 360 of 948

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 4 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com