The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > >> | Showing page 24 of 32, messages 691 to 720 of 948
Augusto

• Total Posts: 15
Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 4:08 PM (permalink)

Augusto

[tube]http://youtu.be/jicLvZxiyGU[/tube]

Augusto

Porque não consigo postar?

Augusto

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 4:13 PM (permalink)
        Placas solares sobre o teto do caminhão ajudam da recarga do banco de baterias, correto?
        reese77

OurCoffeeTruck

Ok so how long can you run pulling a constant 8000 volts before having to recharge? And how are you going to recharge the batteries should you run out during an event?

I will not be pulling the full 8000 Watts. My system will use about 4K Watts max and that is if everything is on and AC which is the biggest draw will be off unless really hot outside. I over sized the inverter and battery bank so I would always only use 50% max. I will buy a big enough smart charger to charge overnight.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
          Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 4:18 PM (permalink)
          Google traducen por favor.

OurCoffeeTruck

• Total Posts: 53
            Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 4:59 PM (permalink)
            Ingles?

CCinNJ

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 8:19 PM (permalink)
              Something about solar or wind power connected to the engine to recharge the battery bank...and why can't Angelo post a link. Something like that.

Roadfood International.

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
                Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 8:48 PM (permalink)
                do i have a virus  now ?  Mucho Gracias amigo, Epsanol v English por favor es gringo's :-)

CCinNJ

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 9:30 PM (permalink)
                  Augusto...iniciar su propio hilo sobre el camión blanco con los lunares. que es linda.

(Start another thread about the cute white truck with polka dots...in the video).

La comida se ve muy bien.

The food looks great.
                  <message edited by CCinNJ on Thu, 09/20/12 9:34 PM>

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Thu, 09/20/12 11:22 PM (permalink)
                    Ok guys can we all speak English here so we can all enjoy the exchange?

Vic Cardenas

• Total Posts: 177
                      Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 09/21/12 12:14 AM (permalink)
                      He's speaking Portuguese, not spanish!

Vic Cardenas

• Total Posts: 177
                        Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 09/21/12 12:20 AM (permalink)
                        I think he's saying "Solar plates above the roof of the truck helps to recover the battery bank, correct?"

eljibarito

• Total Posts: 3
                          Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 09/21/12 12:27 AM (permalink)
                          reese77,

Fantastic build!! Great thread!!
                          quick question, what did you use on the ceiling of your truck? insulation, plywood then the FRP?

eljibarito

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 09/21/12 12:28 AM (permalink)
                            reese77,

quick question, what did you use on the ceiling of your truck? insulation, plywood then the FRP?

eljibarito

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 09/21/12 12:31 AM (permalink)
                              sorry for the double post, my browser froze up and I hit the post tab twice...

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
                                Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Fri, 09/21/12 9:59 AM (permalink)
                                eljibarito

reese77,

No plywood on the ceiling although I should have gone that route but that would have taken up more room and the more height in the truck, the better. I put 2x4s up against the horizontal ceiling beams and I insulated the ceiling with R8 and some parts foam and I screwed the FRP to the aluminum beams and to the 2x4s.

sharkii's

• Total Posts: 70
                                  Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 4:47 PM (permalink)
                                  Reese awesome job on your ongoing build. Tell me are you doing the electric on the inside or outside of the wall?? What are you using??

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 4:52 PM (permalink)
                                    sharkii's

Reese awesome job on your ongoing build. Tell me are you doing the electric on the inside or outside of the wall?? What are you using??

Outside of the wall. When I got the truck it already had insulation and plywood up and I left it in place. I am using the gray electrical PVC pipe. There are pictures in this thread of the surface wiring.

THE WILD DOG

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 5:05 PM (permalink)
                                      have you gotten a chance to test the batteries yet ? I'm proably going to buy mine next week, as some lady hit my generator and now it runs weird so i am just waiting for the claim to be finalized

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 5:18 PM (permalink)
                                        THE WILD DOG

have you gotten a chance to test the batteries yet ? I'm proably going to buy mine next week, as some lady hit my generator and now it runs weird so i am just waiting for the claim to be finalized

I have all the 0 gauge wires made and all my parts but I need more 4 gauge wire to go from the distribution block to the fuses to the inverter and once I get and crimp those, I will set it all up.

sharkii's

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 6:14 PM (permalink)
                                          I will read the thread again. Check my build out . I will be adding pics tonight.

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 6:24 PM (permalink)
                                            sharkii's

I will read the thread again. Check my build out . I will be adding pics tonight.

Cool, I will check it out.

sharkii's

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 6:34 PM (permalink)
                                              Thank you man. Saw some of the work. Now my head is spinning with ideas.

reese77

Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 6:52 PM (permalink)
                                                Does anyone know what these latches are called? Look at the door being held up, what is the name of this type of latch?

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                                                  Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 7:44 PM (permalink)
                                                  Is this it? 
                                                  Kind of hard to tell from the picture.

King3

• Total Posts: 12
                                                    • Location: Bogotá, Colombia
                                                    Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 7:59 PM (permalink)
                                                    Hello everyone. Thanks for this thread, I tried to read it all because I want to start the same project. Thanks for all the valuable information. I'm doing the budget and I Want to ask  reese77, how much money have you spent so far? How could last me a gas cylinder of 100 pounds (50kg)? maybe a month or less? Thanks for your answers and sorry for my English. 

reese77

• Location: Stockbridge, GA
                                                      Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 8:06 PM (permalink)
                                                      chefbuba

Is this it? 
                                                      Kind of hard to tell from the picture.

Woo hooo...Yes, that is it. I searched all over for this thing and could not find it. Thanks.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                                                        • Location: Near You, WA
                                                        Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 8:39 PM (permalink)
                                                        100lb tank lasts me approx 6 days, running approx 6 hrs a day.
                                                        All depends on how much equipment your running, and for how long each day.

sharkii's

• Location: eustis, FL
                                                          Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 9:15 PM (permalink)
                                                          That's about right . To fill the 100 lb tank it's between 80 to 100 dollars in my area. So about 17 dollars a day .

THE WILD DOG

• Location: Hunt Valley, MD
                                                            Re:1993 Chevrolet P30 Food Truck Build Tue, 09/25/12 9:26 PM (permalink)
                                                            i go through a 30lb tank every 2 fridays. cost me about 29$ to fill. I'm all electric except for my grill. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > >> | Showing page 24 of 32, messages 691 to 720 of 948

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com