The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 22, messages 271 to 300 of 657
CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/30/09 12:49 AM (permalink)
Al

I am still without power and it is getting COLD in the house, last check was 42 degrees inside.

LOTS of Blankets

Dad was being an A$$hole today sent me a picture of the beach this morning said he broke a sweat going out to get the paper this AM.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/30/09 2:12 PM (permalink)
    Here is a link that might provide the info on weather that some of us are looking for. Hope it works!

pcdiva

• Total Posts: 591
      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 3:02 AM (permalink)
      Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend since I'll be recovering from minor surgery and won't be up to the trip.  Alice (PC diva)

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 9:38 AM (permalink)
        Alice,
           Sorry to hear that you won't be there. We hope to see you at the next meeting close to you !!

We will be doing a final reservation count between now and the weekend.  I really think this is going to be a fun weekend for all.

OK, I just went back thru the pages of this thread and added and subtracted numbers that you all have indicated.
        We show 12 at Doe's Eat Place in Greenville, MS on Friday
        and 22-24 at  Cozy Corner and Leonard's BBQ in Memphis on Saturday.  We will poll the group to see who will make up the Sunday Delegation for the Arcade next week.

There is room for more, if any of you Lurker's would like to join the fun, please email me or post your thoughts here. I know there are more folks in the Memphis/Greenville area who would really have a good time with this group !!!

<message edited by mayor al on Tue, 02/3/09 10:08 AM>

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 11:16 AM (permalink)
          Mayor Al, count me in for Sunday at the Arcade; wouldn't miss it!            Bob

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 11:18 AM (permalink)
            Wait....which weekend is this again?

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 11:35 AM (permalink)
              The Travelin Man

Wait....which weekend is this again?

I am not sure that I understood Al's time either.

Paul E. Smith
              Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 11:36 AM (permalink)
                Al-
                My party for the weekend is now up to four for sure at all events.  And depending if the prison escape is successful, there may be a fifth.

I'll keep you posted!

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 11:41 AM (permalink)
                  buffetbuster

Al-
                  My party for the weekend is now up to four for sure at all events.  And depending if the prison escape is successful, there may be a fifth.

I'll keep you posted!

This is adding up to a much larger group than we had anticipated.  It may even top the one at moonlite in kentucky.

Paul E. Smith
                  knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 1:04 PM (permalink)
                    TTM-  We are talking about the weekend after NEXT-  Feb. 13-14-15 !!  You need to get a wife to write all this stuff down for you...and then nag hell out of you daily about it!

BB- No problem adding a couple or two. That will put us at 14 at Doe's and 24 in Memphis.

Paul- We had almost 50 in Owensboro, but there were a number of friends of friends of friends there too. This one seems more Roadfood family oriented. 

GROUP- Don't forget to find a door-prize to put into the "Pool" . If you are flying in and can't get that gallon of BBQ sauce in your baggage, feel free to get a Tennessee/Mississippi/Arkansas doorprize to use. I won't forget Dale bringing a dozen do-nuts down from Rhode Island to one of the Baltimore meetings on the airplane! He fought off commuters all the way !!!It needn't be a big deal...one of the eternal items has been a can of Burgoo that someone "Regifts" at each of these meetings! It gives a whole new meaning to the erm "Dry-Aged" !!
                    A couple of pages back we showed some of the earlier meetings with folks describing their item before awarding it to a lucky winner.
                    <message edited by mayor al on Tue, 02/3/09 1:09 PM>

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 2:00 PM (permalink)
                      Al-
                      The warden tightened up security, so no fifth for me.  My group will be a solid foursome at all events.  I talked to my cousin Johnny last night and told him he needs to go shopping for a Hawaiian shirt.  For a door prize, he was thinking about Berger's cookies from Lexington Market.  I hope I win them!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 2:27 PM (permalink)
                        mayor al

TTM-  We are talking about the weekend after NEXT-  Feb. 13-14-15 !!  You need to get a wife to write all this stuff down for you...and then nag hell out of you daily about it!

And I know just the woman that would be perfect too!!

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 2:52 PM (permalink)
                          wanderingjew

mayor al

And who would that be??????????????

Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 3:12 PM (permalink)
                            Sundancer7

wanderingjew

mayor al

And who would that be??????????????

Paul E. Smith
                            Knoxville, TN

Al knows!

Paul, we'll keep the suspense going for you until Presidents Day weekend!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 4:18 PM (permalink)
                              WJ-  You Bet I do !  Paul, I am sure you will assist with our Matchmaking efforts. We'll get this guy "Happily Married" If it takes us ten years !

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 4:21 PM (permalink)
                                mayor al

WJ-  You Bet I do !  Paul, I am sure you will assist with our Matchmaking efforts. We'll get this guy "Happily Married" If it takes us ten years !

This is going to be interesting and my curiosity is certainly way up.  WJ married, I do not know about that???

Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 4:39 PM (permalink)
                                  Now compared to TTM, finding the perfect match for WJ might be a bit more difficult !

The Travelin Man

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 4:52 PM (permalink)
                                    mayor al

Let me see if I understand this correctly.  I need a nag?  Does this seem like a good idea?  Have you MET me?

There is only one way that situation would end.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 5:02 PM (permalink)
                                      Hmmmm, That cloud is a bit out of focus, isn't it? Is that some sort of subliminal message? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 6:06 PM (permalink)
                                        Al, I realize that the address of the Saturday resturants are on line but if anybody has the address, I would appreciate it.

Paul E. Smith
                                        Knoxville, TN

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
                                          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 6:17 PM (permalink)
                                          Gentlemen , all you need to do regarding match making involving Mr. Traveling Man & Mr. Wandering Jew is simply  introduce them to some nice Southern ladies ... They're most always pretty , charming and very intriguing ... And , they're most likely wonderful cooks !

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 6:45 PM (permalink)
                                            Sundancer,
                                              I will post the info about the restaurants later tonight.

Susan,  If these two characters could find a Southern Belle cast in your image, they would be the luckiest men on Earth. 

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 6:59 PM (permalink)
                                              mayor al

Sundancer,
                                                I will post the info about the restaurants later tonight.

Susan,  If these two characters could find a Southern Belle cast in your image, they would be the luckiest men on Earth. 

Thank you Darling ... What a beautiful compliment !
                                              Please wish Miss Janet a belated " HAPPY BIRTHDAY  "  !
                                              I hope that she had a warm and beautiful birthday yesterday ... Paul & I send her our love...

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/3/09 7:32 PM (permalink)
                                                Memphis Restaurants ( from the RF Review Section)-

The Arcade-  504 South Main St, Memphis 901-526-5757

Cozy Corner- 745 North Parkway, Memphis, 901-527-9158

Leonard's BBQ- 5465 Fox Plaza Dr, Memphis 901-360-1963

Susan, She appreciates your good wishes. Thanks, from Janet
                                                <message edited by mayor al on Tue, 02/3/09 7:33 PM>

pcdiva

• Total Posts: 591
                                                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/4/09 3:31 AM (permalink)
                                                  Yes, we Southern girls CAN cook, but I prefer to go out for Roadfood and let someone else do it for me ;)  The nagging I am more than happy to do all by myself.  As to if I'm in the marriage market, that remains to be seen...

Echoing the Happy Birthday wishes to Janet!
                                                  Alice
                                                  <message edited by pcdiva on Wed, 02/4/09 3:34 AM>

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/4/09 9:20 AM (permalink)
                                                    iqdiva

Gentlemen , all you need to do regarding match making involving Mr. Traveling Man & Mr. Wandering Jew is simply  introduce them to some nice Southern ladies ... They're most always pretty , charming and very intriguing ... And , they're most likely wonderful cooks !

Actually, that may not be a very good idea. I would be considered a walking insult to any good southern cook. If you've seen how FIT AND TRIM I've been these last couple of years, you'll see I don't exactly eat much when I'm at home.

<message edited by wanderingjew on Wed, 02/4/09 9:21 AM>

iqdiva

• Location: Dothan,Alabama,
                                                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/4/09 9:46 AM (permalink)
                                                      wanderingjew

iqdiva

Actually, that may not be a very good idea. I would be considered a walking insult to any good southern cook. If you've seen how FIT AND TRIM I've been these last couple of years, you'll see I don't exactly eat much when I'm at home.

Mr. WanderingJew , respectfully you just don't now how much a good man can be tempted by a good Southern cook & a plate of delicious Southern food !

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/4/09 2:27 PM (permalink)
                                                        Susan,
                                                          Trust me, It doesn't take much to tempt WJ into a life of over-indulgence ! Offer him, Oysters, Beer, BBQ, and Doughnuts..All at one serving, and in large quantities! He will protest...but will feel obligated to display his true Roadfood Attitude! "Been There- Done That" !!

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/4/09 2:49 PM (permalink)
                                                          Al-
                                                          You are forgetting..... geography is very important here.  If you offer wanderingjew oysters in Louisiana or Mobile, yes!  Omaha?  No!  BBQ south of the Mason-Dixon line?  Yes!  Sheboygan?  No!  Donuts in New England?  Yes!  Birmingham?  No!  It has to be regionally appropriate overindulgence! 

The Travelin Man

• Location: Central FL
                                                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/4/09 3:39 PM (permalink)
                                                            Buffetbuster - I feel the same way about women.  From now on, I will only indulge in "regionally appropriate" women.  For instance, I wouldn't even look twice at the young cutie from Joe Huber's Farm in Indiana if she were slinging breakfasts at Neicie's in Kansas City.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 22, messages 271 to 300 of 657

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com