The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 22, messages 61 to 90 of 657
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15064
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 11:06 AM (permalink)

Bushmaster

You live in Round Rock Texas, Home of the greatest fresh doughnuts in the free world, AND YOU WENT TO 7-11 to purchase some of their made in China artifical donuts???? SHAME !!

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 11:17 AM (permalink)
    Will try to get a couple of the Chips family to Memphis. What is the policy on 15 year old boys attending such gatherings?

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 11:23 AM (permalink)
      The official policy is "bring 'em on!"

ChiTownDiner

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 11:28 AM (permalink)
        Hmmmm....very interesting!

Poverty Pete

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 11:55 AM (permalink)
          The previous was not directed at you, CTD. Anyone who gets out of hand (as determined by iqdiva) will be banished to the far reaches of whichever restaurant we happen to be occupying at the time.

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 12:02 PM (permalink)
            Yes darling we must be gracious ...

ChiTownDiner

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 12:03 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Poverty Pete

The previous was not directed at you, CTD. Anyone who gets out of hand (as determined by iqdiva) will be banished to the far reaches of whichever restaurant we happen to be occupying at the time.

PP I was thinking more about the possibilities...on a personal level.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 12:07 PM (permalink)

Of course we DO initiate the young ones into the 'Rites of Roadfood' with a proper ceremony etc etc. Also underagers are not eligible to participate in some of the beverages that Adult RF members tend to select.
                Please bring them along!

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 12:14 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Bushmaster

You live in Round Rock Texas, Home of the greatest fresh doughnuts in the free world, AND YOU WENT TO 7-11 to purchase some of their made in China artifical donuts???? SHAME !!

Psst. Between you and me, I didn't really go to 7-11.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7386
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 12:14 PM (permalink)
                    Ok, looks like I'm in (Poverty Pete are you listening?)

I found a r/t flight on Southwest to Nashville for $203 r/t
                    I will get to Nashville in the evening on Wednesday 2/11 at around 7:30pm. This will give me a full day to explore on my own or with Poverty if he wants to join me the things I missed on my last visit in October (ie. Hot Chicken served medium instead of hot and Hot Fish that actually has hot sauce on it.) My nonstop flight back to Lil' Rhody leaves Nashville on Sunday 2/15 @ 6:50pm assuring enough time for an early brunch on Sunday in Memphis if PP chooses to attend since it looks like he'll be my ride (Thanks PP!)

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 1:45 PM (permalink)
                      Mardi Gras is on February 24th.

6 hour drive, hmmmmm

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 2:10 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by EliseT

Mardi Gras is on February 24th.

6 hour drive, hmmmmm

Elise, would be wonderful to have you on our annual Presidents day event that we have had for six years.. As you indicated a six hour drive from Memphis is not that bad.

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 2:15 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Sundancer7
                          Elise, would be wonderful to have you on our annual Presidents day event that we have had for six years..
                          Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN

Actually, Paul, this would be year # 5 (but whose counting!)

1- Tennessee
                          2- Owensboro/Louisville
                          3- Austin
                          4- Mobile
                          5- Memphis

Poverty Pete

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 3:31 PM (permalink)
                            I believe I can work all that into my very busy February schedule, Dale, although since you've been to Loveless, we make Friday's breakfast a different location on our way to the Natchez Trace. We'll lunch in Greenwood, Ms, then hit Doe's in the evening. I know a terrific little sushi/lutefisk joint in Greenwood.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 4:02 PM (permalink)
                              Dale,
                              You are off by one number- We did TWO in Tenn. 2004 introduced us to several places in western TN (Hays BBQ for one) and 2005 saw us on Beale Street in Memphis. Both were relately small groups of the 'core of the Glee Club' !

2004 Lexington TN
                              2005 Memphis - Beale Street
                              2006 Louisville/Owensboro KY
                              2007 Austin TX (and BBQ Country)
                              2008 Mobile, AL
                              2009 Memphis (pending)

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 5:10 PM (permalink)
                                Sorry Dale, I hope you can count your roadfood restaurants better than you can count the Glee Club meetings. I believe the first time you joined us was in Texas??

Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 5:49 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:

I believe I can work all that into my very busy February schedule, Dale, although since you've been to Loveless, we make Friday's breakfast a different location on our way to the Natchez Trace.

No problem, either way, just as long as theres good grits, biscuits and country ham, then I'm good.

quote:

We'll lunch in Greenwood, Ms, then hit Doe's in the evening. I know a terrific little sushi/lutefisk joint in Greenwood.

Hey, if they've got gefilte fish too, then I'm there!

quote:

Dale,
                                  You are off by one number- We did TWO in Tenn. 2004 introduced us to several places in western TN (Hays BBQ for one) and 2005 saw us on Beale Street in Memphis. Both were relately small groups of the 'core of the Glee Club' !

quote:
                                  Originally posted by Sundancer7

Sorry Dale, I hope you can count your roadfood restaurants better than you can count the Glee Club meetings. I believe the first time you joined us was in Texas??

Paul E. Smith
                                  Knoxville, TN

Paul and Al, this is the thread that confused me

[url]www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6334[/url]

I thought you did both Hayes and Beal Street in 2005
                                  Is there another thread for 2004?

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 6:09 PM (permalink)
                                    Dale, the first year we did Hayes and three more BBQ places. The next year, we did Beale St and Hayes on the same trip. Sorry you got confused. You need to be with us every year.

Paul E. Smith
                                    Knoxville, TN

Poverty Pete

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 8:46 PM (permalink)
                                      The first year we went to Three Sons, aka Larry, Daryl and Daryl's. It's no longer on our list of can't miss q joints.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 9:12 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:

The first year we went to Three Sons, aka Larry, Daryl and Daryl's. It's no longer on our list of can't miss q joints.

PP

Just wondering- would we stay in Greenville overnight after going to Doe's or would we head directly to Memphis afterwards. You know me- I wanna "plan in advance" or at least try to find a half decent hotel in downtown.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 9:13 PM (permalink)
                                          I have a few photos of that 2004 trip...I know we posted them here on the site, but I can't find them here !!!

Poverty Pete

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 9:24 PM (permalink)
                                            Actually, Dale, my tentative plan is to stay the night in Greenville, then hit Blue&White in Tunica for breakfast on our way to Memphis in the morning.

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 9:27 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:

Actually, Dale, my tentative plan is to stay the night in Greenville, then hit Blue&White in Tunica for breakfast on our way to Memphis in the morning.

Cool...I'm good with that, hopefuly we can find a good juke joint or two with some live blues.

Poverty Pete

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 9:43 PM (permalink)
                                                You do the research on that end, while I gather up some appropriate CD's for a three day roadtrip.

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 9:59 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:

You do the research on that end, while I gather up some appropriate CD's for a three day roadtrip.

Hey, I just found my "regionally appropriate" House of Blues Essential Blues CD- it includes Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, BB King and John Lee Hooker among others.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                                                    • Location: Natchitoches, LA
                                                    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 10:02 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    I understand civility Miss Susan, but is there no limit? Must we be gracious to those who choose (ugh) to live west of the Sabine river.
                                                    No! Were it not a choice I might advocate gracious understanding. As it is a choice, let them stew in their own skimpy, flavourless juices.
                                                    I remain
                                                    very truly yours,
                                                    R. M. Flynn

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
                                                      • Location: Dothan,Alabama,
                                                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 10:13 PM (permalink)
                                                      Now Mr. Rick ... You know good and well that you are a gracious gentleman !

Poverty Pete

• Location: Nashville, TN
                                                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 11/30/08 10:14 PM (permalink)
                                                        Rick, are you going to help us fill up Doe's on Friday night?

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Mon, 12/1/08 5:13 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:

I have a few photos of that 2004 trip...I know we posted them here on the site, but I can't find them here !!!

Here they are on Page 7 & 8.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2343&whichpage=7&SearchTerms=hayes%2CBBQ

Paul E. Smith
                                                          Knoxvillle, TN

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Mon, 12/1/08 8:23 AM (permalink)

Thanks Paul. I didn't have that report stored in my bookmarked trip reports...and couldn't locate it in the files. I added a 'Glee-Club reference to the title, so it will show up now with a search for those activities!

My goodness a lot of sauce has passed under the bridge since that trip !!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 22, messages 61 to 90 of 657

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com