The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 22, messages 211 to 240 of 657
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/20/09 7:21 PM (permalink)
The Blue and White Cafe is a good stop, but Tamales and Pie for Breakfast in Clarksdale is a temptation I find hard to ignore!

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/20/09 7:53 PM (permalink)
    Dear RoadFood Friends ... Because of scheduling difficulties regarding my husband Paul's work I must tell you all that we regretfully will not be able to make the President's Day Weekend RoadFood Trip ... We will miss seeing all you wonderful folks and enjoying great food and fellowship. I hope that you will keep us in your hearts and eat something wonderful for us both !

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/20/09 10:14 PM (permalink)
      Susan,
         We will certainly miss your company. We hope all is well we'll see you later in the Spring!

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/20/09 11:19 PM (permalink)
        Susan, I'm so sorry that you won't be able to join us next month; I was really looking forward to meeting you. Remember, you had promised to get me "chatting" if I sat next to you. Now who's gonna talk to boring ol' me?                         Bob

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/20/09 11:27 PM (permalink)
          Bob
           Trust me , You won't be alone !

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 01/21/09 7:41 AM (permalink)
            I for one is certainly looking forward to the return trip to Memphis.  One of my favorite food towns.  It will be a blast to be with my roadfood friends.

This has been a annual event for several years which I believe is our sixth year.

A great way to celebrate Presidents day.

I cannot wait to entice the Mayor to enjoy a Dyer's burger

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN
            <message edited by Sundancer7 on Wed, 01/21/09 7:43 AM>

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 01/21/09 3:38 PM (permalink)
              The GOOD News !!  We have a confirmed Reservation for 6 PM on Saturday the 14th with the folks at LEONARDS BBQ IN MEMPHIS.
                 I gave the owner an estimate of 20-22 folks tha I will confirm a couple of days before we show up. He reminded me of Bob, the guy from the 'Brick Pit' in Mobile, where we met last year...He was excited about us choosing to meet there and promised to preserve space and time for our meal and social hour also. That's where we will do the door-prize sharing. No Alcohol at Leonards BBQ.

So we are set for Friday evening in Greenville,MS at Doe's Eat Place.
              Do your own breakfast Saturday morning

Cozy Corner in Memphis for Lunch (11:30am) Saturday
              Wander the Beale Street area during the afternoon 
               Leonard's BBQ at 6 PM Saturday Night.
               I will keep Sunday open for awhile. I am not sure how our travel plans will work (for now) But we'll have some possibilities listed for Sunday Shortly.

<message edited by Al-The Mayor-Bowen on Wed, 01/21/09 3:47 PM>

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 01/21/09 3:49 PM (permalink)
                Al-
                Truly a drool worthy schedule!

iqdiva-
                I am disappointed you won't be joining us, since I was looking forward to meeting you.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 10:13 AM (permalink)
                  iqdiva

I was looking forward to meeting you.
                  Perhaps some other time.
                  You will be missed

susanll

• Total Posts: 1077
                    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 1:19 PM (permalink)
                    Suggestion for Sunday morning

Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe

Address: 154 Beale St., Memphis, 38103
                    Phone: 901-527-9060

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 2:11 PM (permalink)
                      susanll-
                      Oooh, I like the sounds of that.  Please tell us more!  Are you going to join us for a meal anywhere?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 2:28 PM (permalink)
                        Shoot Susan, You are close enough to walk to some of these places !! Please consider Joining the group on Saturday and/or Sunday. Heck If you want to drive down to Greenville, MS you'll be more than Welcome at Doe's also !

NebGuy

• Total Posts: 875
                          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 2:49 PM (permalink)
                          buffetbuster

susanll-
                          Oooh, I like the sounds of that.  Please tell us more!  Are you going to join us for a meal anywhere?

Miss Pollys

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 3:01 PM (permalink)
                            Looking at the menu, I think Miss Polly's is out.  They have chicken & waffles, but Travelin Man much prefers chicken & pancakes.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 3:14 PM (permalink)
                              And Wandering Jew prefers Pancakes and Waffles !

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 3:42 PM (permalink)
                                Al-The Mayor-Bowen

And Wandering Jew prefers Pancakes and Waffles

Actually, I was questioning if Polly's might be somewhat touristy considering it's on Beale Street, personally I would prefer The Arcade

They have sweet potato pancakes!

By the way when can we start using avatars- I would like to use this one if possible!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 4:06 PM (permalink)
                                  I like the duck image, Dale. BTW I think the Arcade will be the place Sunday Morning. But Pollys could be a good late Saturday night stop for those visiting the Blues locations on Beale St after Dinner.

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 4:23 PM (permalink)

<message edited by iqdiva on Thu, 01/22/09 5:36 PM>

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                      Well, darn I have heard great things about Polly's chicken.  But, you are the visitors.  

I think we can work Cozy Corner at 11:30 Saturday.  It would be great to see you in person.  Thanks for the invite.  It will be myself, Louis and Jocelyn (12).

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 9:08 PM (permalink)

<message edited by susanll on Thu, 01/22/09 9:09 PM>

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 9:19 PM (permalink)
                                          Yikes!! I didn't realize this would be billboard size.  But, that is me.

To the other Susan, I would have loved to have met you in person.  I am sorry you can't make it.  Now, is there anyone (other then WJ)  I need to look out for ?

Also, are there any musicians in this crowd?
                                          <message edited by susanll on Thu, 01/22/09 9:25 PM>

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/22/09 10:38 PM (permalink)
                                            Miss Susan what a beautiful lady you are !
                                            Thank you to everyone for being so sweet ... I will miss you all .

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 8:15 AM (permalink)
                                              susanll

Yikes!! I didn't realize this would be billboard size.  But, that is me.

To the other Susan, I would have loved to have met you in person.  I am sorry you can't make it.  Now, is there anyone (other then WJ)  I need to look out for ?

Also, are there any musicians in this crowd?

Don't worry, I come with my own "warning label"

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 8:20 AM (permalink)
                                                susanll-
                                                So glad you and family can join us! 

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 9:45 AM (permalink)
                                                  Susanll-  We'll be more than glad to see you and your family. Janet and the Scotties will be with me! You'll be able to identify the members of the "Glee Club" without any problems I promise.
                                                  Here we are in Mobile last year-

<message edited by Al-The Mayor-Bowen on Fri, 01/23/09 9:50 AM>

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 9:54 AM (permalink)
                                                    PS- We have several Lovers of Music, and call ourselves a Glee Club, but I have never heard a single note of music issued  or uttered by any member at one of our gatherings. I do recall enjoying some good Blues Music one evening with a bunch of these folks in Memphis a couple of years ago.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                                                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 10:13 AM (permalink)
                                                      Al-The Mayor-Bowen

PS- We have several Lovers of Music, and call ourselves a Glee Club, but I have never heard a single note of music issued  or uttered by any member at one of our gatherings.

I propose that we keep this now longstanding tradition intact when we gather next month! 

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                                                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 10:42 AM (permalink)
                                                        TTM, that's probably a very good idea. Believe me, you DO NOT want to hear me sing!

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 11:28 AM (permalink)
                                                          Al-The Mayor-Bowen

And Wandering Jew prefers Pancakes and Waffles !

And Sundancer prefers Dyers and pancakes

Paul E. smith
                                                          Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 12:20 PM (permalink)
                                                            I can get the Scotties to do a Duet if we need musical entertainment!! They do a great rendition of that old favorite "Dem Bones" ! But they really mess up "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window". I guess they get too emotional about the lyrics !!
                                                            Honestly Duff loves to sing, but Demi just Yaps along at him while he carries the Melody!

<message edited by Al-The Mayor-Bowen on Fri, 01/23/09 12:35 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 22, messages 211 to 240 of 657

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com