The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 22, messages 241 to 270 of 657
iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 6:46 PM (permalink)
Miss Susan , you and your folks will be in excellent company with sweet and wonderful people ... I wish that we could be there with you all !

susanll

• Total Posts: 1077
    RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Fri, 01/23/09 7:23 PM (permalink)
    Thanks.  I am looking forward to it.   Shoot.

ctfrasier

• Total Posts: 253
      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sat, 01/24/09 2:47 PM (permalink)
      Well, it looks as though I wont be making this trip. A co-worker's wife is having major surgery and this has forced a change in our work schedules. I'm pretty bummed.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sat, 01/24/09 3:36 PM (permalink)
        Sorry to read that, CF-, I was looking forward to finally meeting you!

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sat, 01/24/09 5:33 PM (permalink)
          Mayor, how many do expect at the Cozy Corner meet?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sat, 01/24/09 7:34 PM (permalink)
            Susanll,  Looks like 18-22 at this point. They told me up to 25 would be fine. Our number will firm up the weekend before we go.

ctfrasier

• Total Posts: 253
              RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 10:40 AM (permalink)
              I was looking forward to meeting you and the other roadfoodies myself mayor. I'm disappointed but I can make the guy's life a little easier. They've been through Hell for the last year. His wife was 29 and 7 months pregnant when she had a major stroke. I just pray that this operation gets her fixed.

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 10:50 AM (permalink)
                ctfrasier

I was looking forward to meeting you and the other roadfoodies myself mayor. I'm disappointed but I can make the guy's life a little easier. They've been through Hell for the last year. His wife was 29 and 7 months pregnant when she had a major stroke. I just pray that this operation gets her fixed.

Ctfrasier , my husband's work schedule underwent drastic change when a co-worker and dear friend had to retire on disability after undergoing quadruple cardiac bypass brought on by lupus... He is a relatively young engineer and a great guy ... Everyone has pitched in to help his wife and three children cope with their dad's disability . His presence at work is greatly missed everyday ...

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                  RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 10:58 AM (permalink)
                  Both of you good people are making good choices. Helping neighbors and family is a very important priority in life, that's for sure! We would love to share your company and if circumstnces change in each of your situations, we hope you will be able to join us, even for part of the activities. However I can promise that a Rib will be devoured, and a Sweet Tea Toast will be uttered in your honor.

There will more Roadfood opportunities like this in the near future!

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 11:04 AM (permalink)
                    Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Both of you good people are making good choices. Helping neighbors and family is a very important priority in life, that's for sure! We would love to share your company and if circumstnces change in each of your situations, we hope you will be able to join us, even for part of the activities. However I can promise that a Rib will be devoured, and a Sweet Tea Toast will be uttered in your honor.

There will more Roadfood opportunities like this in the near future!

Mr. Al would someone eat a tamale for me ?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 12:50 PM (permalink)
                      Si, Senora. Antes de la BBQ, Comemos Un Tamale en su nombre ! (That's my Kentucky/Hoosier Spanish for , You Bet...before the BBQ we'll do a Tamale in your name !)

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 12:57 PM (permalink)
                        Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Si, Senora. Antes de la BBQ, Comemos Un Tamale en su nombre ! (That's my Kentucky/Hoosier Spanish for , You Bet...before the BBQ we'll do a Tamale in your name !)

Thank you Darling !

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Sun, 01/25/09 2:25 PM (permalink)
                          I have yet to attend one of your fine excursions, and am disappointed that I cannot this year.You people all sound like you have a ball, and I could certainly use that type of company right now.On the bright side, I look forward to meeting Buffetbuster and others in late Feb., and iqdiva ( and others) in May.And of course Al and Janet when they come through Wisconsin again. Wish I had the freedom to travel more!!!!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 2:30 PM (permalink)
                            Today's Winter Storm has really fueled my readiness for our February trip to Mississippi and Memphis.

Ann, We need to pry you out of "The Great White North" during the Winter Season, so you can enjoy some "Light Jacket and Sweater Weather"...That's what we call what you call the "Summer Heat"!!

I have recently talked to Bushie and Poverty Pete about their plans and it looks like everything is a go at this point. Less than three weeks to go !!
                                You folks going to Doe's ...If you order the Steaks, please donate your "Bone" to the Scotties Treasure Chest. I think they gained 5 lbs each on the Austin trip from the bags of scraps that the Lady at Louie Muellers gave us !!

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 2:58 PM (permalink)
                              Well, you wouldn't want to be here today.  Rain and 35 degrees.  Could freeze overnight.

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 3:11 PM (permalink)
                                susanll

Well, you wouldn't want to be here today.  Rain and 35 degrees.  Could freeze overnight.

Mr.Al & Miss Susan we need to import Miss Ann down to Dothan because it's warmed up to a high of 77 and nighttime low of 56 !

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 3:39 PM (permalink)
                                  I agree, IQDiva.  I may relocate myself.

iqdiva

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 4:05 PM (permalink)
                                    Well come on down Miss Susan!

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 4:39 PM (permalink)

We got 3-5" of snow last night. It switched to sleet and freezing rain about 5 AM this morning. High today was in the 20's with more sleet forming a real crust on the snow. Demi is light enough not to break thru when she walks in the snow...Duff (and me too!) are heavier than the load limit for this stuff. It made fetching the mail a real hike today.
                                       Overnight  we are due to get a bunch more of the freezing rain changing to a final 4 inches of snow tomorrow morning.  The trees are coated with ice and some ice damage is expected in this area overnight.

Hopefully Memphis and Mississippi will be a bit more pleasant in Mid-February.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                                        RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 6:10 PM (permalink)
                                        I thought we'd pretty much settled on the Arcade. I hope so: Jan & I are staying downtown at the holiday Inn, 160 N. Main.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                          RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 6:43 PM (permalink)
                                          Why, thank you all. I need to plan better for travel-I go to N.C. when its 100 degrees( and 90 degrees here), but sit in my lair all winter.Go figure. I am clicking my red ruby shoes hoping something changes....

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 8:34 PM (permalink)
                                            Rick  We have talked about the Arcade, and those who aren't traveling Sunday Morning will probably be meeting there.
                                            Janet and I will be at the America's Best Value Inn just across the River in West memphis,AR. It's Cheap-Dog Friendly-& close to Beale St (compared to the Germantown place we stayed on our last meetup!)
                                            AL
                                            <message edited by mayor al on Tue, 01/27/09 8:36 PM>

ChiTownDiner

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 01/27/09 9:31 PM (permalink)
                                              This is shaping as a trip of epic proportions!  Sounds like fun...wish we could join in! 

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 01/28/09 12:24 PM (permalink)

An inch of snow on the ground.  Schools closed and church services cancelled for tonight.

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 01/28/09 1:20 PM (permalink)
                                                  susanll-
                                                  All of you in Memphis better get that out of your system now.  When we are there in a couple of weeks, we want sunny and at least 65.  If I wanted snow, I would just stay home!

susanll

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 01/28/09 1:36 PM (permalink)
                                                    I will do my best, BB

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                      RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/29/09 1:42 PM (permalink)
                                                      Two days (and NIGHTS!!!) without power has increased my desire for a pleasant outdoor experience im Memphis !  We hope all will be warmer by then.

We used an oil lamp and candles and the range-top burners to keep us from freezing these past two nights. Power was restored at noon today. A gazillion trees and powerlines down in our area made it impossible to leave the house ! Still lots of ice and down trees, but we can  move and the furnace and freezer are running again.
                                                      Desktop computer seems to be frozen-literally. I can do a slower and smaller amout on this laptop,
                                                      See ya Soon.

buffetbuster

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/29/09 2:12 PM (permalink)
                                                        Al-
                                                        You sound like you need a vacation!  Glad to hear everything is back up and running again.

Sundancer7

RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/29/09 2:27 PM (permalink)
                                                          mayor al

Two days (and NIGHTS!!!) without power has increased my desire for a pleasant outdoor experience im Memphis !  We hope all will be warmer by then.

We used an oil lamp and candles and the range-top burners to keep us from freezing these past two nights. Power was restored at noon today. A gazillion trees and powerlines down in our area made it impossible to leave the house ! Still lots of ice and down trees, but we can  move and the furnace and freezer are running again.
                                                          Desktop computer seems to be frozen-literally. I can do a slower and smaller amout on this laptop,
                                                          See ya Soon.

Really strange as I am just a few miles south and it is 50F here in Knoxville.  We got no snow or ice and the sun is shining.  I am pleased that it missed us and I felt sorry for the folks north but I am truly glad that it missed Knoxville.

I am also looking forward to a mini vacation in Memphis.  Like many of you, I need some time off.

Paul E. Smith
                                                          Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                            RE: 2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 01/29/09 10:12 PM (permalink)
                                                            While the forecasts for this weekend and early next week--Groundhog Day is Janet's Birthday-- call for more of this nasty precip and windy-cold, The Long-Range says highs will be in the 60's here the days before the Weekend of the Meeting. Since we tend to get our warm weather from the SW, that speaks well for what we can hope for !!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 22, messages 241 to 270 of 657

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com