2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6383
2013/02/11 23:26:28 (permalink)

2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread

Since I got down here EARLY thanks to Dad having surgery and since I will miss the "Official" weekend events, I started this thread so everyone could add on to it whenever they fit into the time line. (Like WJ starting mid week in Charlotte, PP MikeS & CK, Thursday in Music City...)

I got down to Middle Tennessee on Feb 3rd, and my first week was extremely busy at the hospital and home so not much in the way of RF.  However this week is different.

Sunset Family Restaurant
HWY 231
Lebanon, TN

I was so excited I knew the Banana Puddin was waiting for me inside.  This place was opened in 1959 and is owned and operated by the same family ever since, their parking lot is always full and so is the restaurant.
They are a typical family Meat & 3, with ALL the Fixins

I remembered from the last trip down how good their foodd was and I couldnt wait to try it again.  I ordered "Home Made" Chicken & Dumplins, Mashed Taters & Gravy & Mac & Cheese... I love the SOUTH where Mac & Cheese is considered a vegetable.
My picture of the dumplins didnt turn out (it was blurrier than the sign) But let me describe these mouth watering morsels of pure joy.

The dish had LOTS of pulled chicken, both whit and dark meat, the gravy/sauce was perfectly balanced of thin to thick, the peas and carrots were cooked until they were melt in the mouth, the Dumplins were hand made "pasta" sheets cut into diamonds and then put in the "gravy" to simmer and cook.  The Dumplins were not light and fluffy or to dense, they were perfectly cooked.

This reminded m of how my German Grandmother would make them no canned biscuits, no puff pastry, but a "dough" of flour, a little fat, salt and water, mixed by hand rolled thin then cut into strips or chuncks.

I was in Heaven - The mashed potatoes were REAL potatoes mashed with cream and butter with a touch of white pepper and salt, the mac & cheese was thin but creamy and good.

Dad was still on liquid diet so in his honor I ate jello with fruit in it.

I loved this stuff growing up as a kid, hell I still do!

You get your choice of Corn Bread Muffin or Home Made Yeast Roll, wanting to get the best of both worlds i asked for and recieved one of each... ok so my waitress couldnt count.

The corn bread was Mid TN white, a little on the dry side, but that made it sop up the dumplin gravy alll the more.
The Yeast rolls are warm bits of heavenly delight.  Smelling of yeast, and just a hint of sweetness, the butter melted quickly and those babies disappeared even quicker.

After devouring my meal my sweet older southern waitress (with the syrupy sweet accent) "Hon can I git you some of our home made pie for dessert??"  I said "Of COURSE YOU CAN, I will have a Piece of Buttermilk Pie, Chocolate Cream Pie and some Banana Puddin"  She looked at me and the empty other side of the table and said "Oh, Hon I didnt know you was expecting anybody, i will bring them some water"  Before i had a chance to tell her not to bother she was back with 2 forks 3 dessert plates and another glass of water.

So for the faint of heart turn you moitors off now...

Sunset Family Restaurant's Banana Puddin

Sunset Family Restaurant's Buttermilk Pie

Sunset Family Restaurant's Chocolate Cream Pie

And the final picture of the night...
  YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Today I went exploring, Dad was feeling better his Mother In Law is here now so i could get out and enjoy the beautiful day and weather.

My first stop had a promising family name, unfortunately that is where it all stopped

Stroud's Family BBQ
W Baddour Ave
Lebanon, TN

Now my frist clue that some was wrong in Denmark was the fact that at 12:30pm the restaurant inside looked like this:

There was no smell of smoke in the air, and wait a minute I saw NO SIGN of a pit any where!!!
The Menu:

I got the smoked turkey plate with 2 sides, and when the teen behind the counter saw me taking notes and pictures brought out a sample of their "Famous" ribs (his words not mine, mine would be INFAMOUS)

The mac & cheese was good and sticky, but bland, the potato salad was store bought and not that good
The turkey was dry and no smoke, then dipped in "broth"
The ribs were inedible and rubbery
Another fact that I should have known something was wrong...

Ketchup was considered a "BBQ Sauce"
There was Ketchup, A Western Carolina/ Eastern TN vinegar sauce, and a western TN sweet sauce.
The corn bread was MID TENN white corn bread DRY, no amount of butter could help it.

I like my corn bread a little on the sweet side, not dry and lifeless.
Here is what I had to resort to to make the turkey edible:

I wanted to like it, but NO!!!!
Don't waste your money or a meal at this place.
I would give it a out of a possible 3.

Next on my adventure and about 20 minutes later I came across this place, and the buzz loclly is that it is the best BBQ place in Lebanon.

Whitt's BBQ
HWY 231
Lebanon, TN

I saw a Chimney and some smoke out of it so I was hopeful.
Here is there menu:

I ordered the Pulled Pork Plate, Potato Salad & Mac & Cheese

Looks can be decieving, the pulled pork was over cooked and water looged like they had been holding it in a pan with water in it, very little smoke to it, the "bark" was rubbery and almost non existent.  The potato salad was hard to the point of inedible, like the potatoes were bathed in hot water but never boiled.  The Mac & Cheese... generic boxed artificially orange crap is better.

The corn bread was a johnny cake, but it was cold and dry, the butter would not melt in it.

They had two sauces Western Carolina Vinegar & Western TN Sweet

Here is a better close up of each of them:

The Clear liquid between the pickles and the red sauce is the vinegar sauce.

I don't like Carolina style sauces, i would rather have a sweet and sour style or a sweet style.
I didnt even get a good drink, they only had sweet tea or diet coke, BLECHHHHHH

They didnt have Banana Puddin (Strike Two on B Pudddin Today) they did have these small coffee cup size "pies" that came from somewhere else and not from their kitchen.  So the best part of the meal was

When I left the place and drove around back expecting to see a wood pile, no I saw two huge propane tanks, no wonder their que had no smoke flavor.

So again it got a out of a possible 3

Dad swears there is good quein Lebanon, but so far I am 0 - 2 with only 3 more places to try, but they are all closed on Mondays so I will try them tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Jame's BBQ, now this place has promise, it is an old run down shack, stacks of wood out back, and the other place is Tom's Blue Moon BBQ, they have won awards and Dad say's they are he best in Lebanon, and then Snow White Drive Inn & BBQ.  This place looked promising, and old fashion drive in, where you honk or flash your lights for service, yhe best ice cream in town (Dad and his wife say to only order the $1.00 Ice cream cone)
PUHLEEZE 
Although they did say the "large" is 5 scoops of hard serve for $4 where the $1.00 is 2 scoops so I could see their point by doing the math.

We will see!

post edited by CajunKing - 2013/02/26 18:01:07

46 Replies Related Threads

carolina bob
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3420
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/11 23:58:41 (permalink)
    Donald, is Stroud's across the street from a hospital? I think this is the same 'que joint in Lebanon that I ate at about ten years ago. If it is, then it sounds like it has gone far downhill as the meal I had there ( or wherever ) was really good.
    Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2296
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/12 00:17:02 (permalink)
    Cajun King,
    Stroud's is awful.  You summed it up well.  Whitt's is a large chain in middle Tennessee.  The quality varies greatly from store to store.  Some of them are decent.   Your dad is correct.  Blue Moon is the best in the area.  If you go a little farther east on I-40, there is a very good BBQ at exit 258, to the north side of the freeway.
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/13 17:20:22 (permalink)
    Bob - Yes it is across from UMC (the place dad had his surgery)
    PP - I have been looking forward to Tom's Blue Moon since last year.  I will mark down the que spot on the I for futue adventures.
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/13 18:02:57 (permalink)
    BBQ Adventure # 3 Tuesday Afternoon

I have seen this place for the last 2 years but have never gotten there, so I have been curious about it for a while now.  It is ALWAYS crowded.

Tom's Blue Moon BBQ
    http://www.bluemoonbbqlebanon.com/
    711 Park Ave
    Lebanon, TN

We Have PIG!

I purposely went at an inbetween time, because if the que and sides are good at the off times, then they will be really good when they are busy.  I was the only one there until a truck driver pulled off the road and came in for a sandwich and from there the place filled up in about 20 minutes, so I picked the perfect time arrive.

The collections are a mix of americana from Beer Cans to Glasses to Bicycles to Hubcaps to Sports memorabilia.  This place has been visited by LOTS of famous people, there are LOTS of signed pictures, posters, jerseys et al.
    So after gawking at all the stuff inside i finally went up to order.

hubcaps as ceiling decorations

His menu has a statement that many places claim to have award winning que, TOM'S not only claims it but has the hardware and the taste to back it up!!!!

TOM'S MENU BOARDS:

The first thing I saw was this beautiful hunk of smoked brisket

I decided to order a 2 meat sampler plate, so I was going to order SMoked Turkey and Brisket, but they were out of Smoked Turkey, So I got Brisket and Pulled Pork, with Mac & Cheese and Potato Salad.

Now this is what I call a FULL plate.  Toby the gentlman behind the counter said "we usually serve 4 oz portions of meat"  So he sliced of three decnt slices of Brisket and then said "That looks small" so he sliced off another 2 slices, and then placed a grapefruit size ball of Pulled Pork on the plate and said "That felt like 4 oz to me"  with a BIG smile on his face, "You wouldnt mind if they were a little over would you?"
    I missed seeing they had broccoli casserole so I got the Mac & Cheese and Potato Salad.

I ordered Corn bread to go with my meal and to my suprise, he picks up a container of batter and pours out the batter on to the hot flat top and he says "I will bring these out to you when they are done" 
    FRESH HOT JOHNNY CAKES

The table setting was the picnic red and white plastic cloths, and the coke cardboard packs that had the salt & pepper, 4 Sauces and Ketchup

Here is a look at His sauces:

Carolina Mustard
    Carolina Vinegar
    Sweet & Sassy
    Sweet & Spicy
    I was in love with both the sweet and sassy and the sweet & spicy.
    They were a perfect balance of flavor with nothing over powering the other.
    The meat did not need sauce, is was tender and moist, full of flavor and smoke.
    This man knows how to smoke his meats. 
    I was a little disappointed that they didnt have turkey until Tom himself pointed out a sign that summed it all up.

I saved the best for last dessert:

Home Made Bread Puddin - this wasnt Jello brand or canned, this stuff was milk and cream, corn starch, bananas, vanilla and sugar.  The nilla wafers had been in it long enough to turn them from crunchy to yummy.

REAL MEN Drive Vans or TRUCKS with a PINK PIG on them.

This place rates a and a
    I will be doing a RF review and hopefully getting to go there at least once more
    Thursday and Friday AYCE WORLD FAMOUS Catfish for $10.99

post edited by CajunKing - 2013/02/13 18:06:31
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5043
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 09:38:00 (permalink)
    Glad to see Tom's was a worthwhile stop, Don...you deserved it after the previous day's bombs!  The fresh johnnycakes were a very nice touch.
    Poverty Pete
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 10:04:53 (permalink)
    Today will more than make up for Don's day on Tuesday.  I'm not ready to give out our itinerary, but it will include a brief stop at La Peleta.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 10:09:24 (permalink)
    Pssst...Las Paletas.
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2920
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 10:46:48 (permalink)
    Nice variety...but did ya need an extra table!?
    Art Deco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 890
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 11:59:44 (permalink)
    Stroud's and Whitt's in the same day?  Oh honey, bless your heart...
    agnesrob
    • Total Posts : 1790
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 12:21:25 (permalink)
    Great report so far!
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 21:42:35 (permalink)
    CTD - No i sat at a six top for one person though 
    PP - You should know CC is always right Las Paletas.
    Agnesrob - Thanks, I have some more to add from yesterday before I add the marathon adventure from today.
    Pogo - Yep, I suffered through but Tom's and the mystery of today's trip more than made up for it.  I am thinking Tom's AYCE CATFISH for tomorrow night. or maybe Michael's Cafe in Lebanon they do a AYCE Catfish on Friday Evening.
    Poverty Pete
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 22:02:48 (permalink)
    But I only had ONE paleta...

Oh, all right. She was right, I was wrong.
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 22:10:55 (permalink)
    Poverty Pete

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/14 23:27:02 (permalink)
    Ok a bit of a back step because I was too tired the other day to post the pictures from "Fiddler's Grove" which is the historical community established in the Wilson County Fairgrounds.

http://www.fiddlersgrove.org/

Their pictures are much better than mine, plus you get the history of each cabin and building.  There is a jail, hospital, drug co., funeral home, sheriff's office, WORKING Grist Mill that uses "recycled water" (they built a retention pond with a circulating pump, which pumps the water from the pond to the top of the sluce box and over the wheel and back into the pond)  There is over 60 Structures there and they are SO COOL.
    I think my favorite cabin there is the cabin of Lawyer Sam Houston.  Wy does that name ring a bell you ask?  He was elected Gov of TN, before resigning an going into the  military, and then into public office again, only this time in TX.  Becoming not only GOV of TX, but that states first Senator.  He is the ONLY person ever to be elected GOV in 2 different states, and it all started

in that little cabin back in 1818.

This year they added a horse powered Ice Cream Store, the horse walked a treadmill which cranked two 5 gallon ice cream churns.

Another neat cabin is the Cartmell Cabin.  The Cartmell family was emancipated in the early 1860's and the white master gave Sandy Cartmell "40 Acres and a Mule" wll he gave them acres and built them a cabin.  The cabin was lived in by the Cartmell family up until 1991 when the cabin was dismantled and moved to Fiddler's Grove.

Anybody ever hear of "Bay's Southern Bread Co."?  Fiddlers Grove has a replica of the first kitchen used by the family to start their business in, and today the bread is sold country wide in Cracker Barrell.  (Headquartered in Lebanon, TN)

Ok so that rounded out my day, I took pictures of all the buildings in the place, but then thought you all could just go to the website and look and learn about the different buildings there. (It wasnt a complete waste to take all the pictures though Dad is using them in the Master Gardener programs at the fair grounds and at fiddler's grove)

So next step is the adventure with Poverty Pete and MikeS in an eating tour of Nashville favorites.
    post edited by CajunKing - 2013/02/15 01:07:28
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 01:06:13 (permalink)
    All I got to say after today is "WOOF" my stomach is still churning.  Why you are asking yourself? Never and I repeat NEVER eat BBQ, then a Las Paletas, then 200 and 400 degree chicken, then Hot Fish before going to a Mexican Restaurant for dinner.

I was looking forwward to seeing PP again and getting to meet MikeS.  So the decision was made to start the adventure at Jack's BBQ in Nashville.

Jack's BarBQue
    334 West Trinity Lane
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.jacksbarbque.com

At first I was hesitant, my last experience with Jack's was not a pleasant one, I will admit though it was partly my fault, I didnt think about which Jack's to visit and I chose poorly (I chose Jack's on Broadway on a saturday afternoon, with something going on at the Ryman and at Bridgestone Arena) the line was out the door and downthe block.

However upon arriving there were 3 things that greeted me, 2 smiling faces of PP and MikeS and the smell of hickory wood and meat smoking.  Whats that old saying "when pigs fly"  well at Jack's they do. 

The fly out the door and into hungry stomachs of Smashvillians.  The ordering process is simple, stop drooling long enough to look over their menu boards and tell the counterman what you want.

The really hard decision is what meats to get!
    So here goes:

The Line at 11:00am

Jack's Brisket

Jack's Sides

More of Jack's sides

Jack's Chocolate Fudge Pie and Chess Pie

PP - Ordered the Brisket Plate
    MikeS - Ordered a 3 meat sampler
    CK - Ordered a 3 meat sampler with:
    Smoked Sausage
    Smoked "Boston" Turkey ( a boneless whole breast, brined and smoked)
    Smoked Brisket
    Green Beans
    Mac n Cheese
    Potato Salad
    Corn Bread
    They called it Burgoo, but it was Brunswick Stew (No Mutton)
    and...

3 Meats Combo Plate

Potato Salad (I am giving up on potato salad)

Corn Bread (finally a white sweet style cornbread, too bad it was cold)

Stew called Burgoo that was actually Brunswick Stew
    Poverty Pete enjoying his lunch

MikeS enjoying his lunch

I missed him taking the obligatory picture of a RFer taking a picture of their food, so I got the action shot instead.

CALLING BUFFETBUSTER!!!!

Chess Pie - I would rank this Chess pie as being in the top 7 ALL TIME for me.  It was just the right blend of sweet and zing, the crust was not soggy, it was really good.

After getting our fill of Jack's BBQ we piled in MikeS' car and PP guided us into the 12th Ave South - A very up and coming area of west side Nashville, lots of hip and happening spots, very artsy area.  If you have been to Nashville with PP you know where we are headed.

Las Paletas Gourmet Popsicles
    2905 12th Ave S
    Nashville, TN 37204
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Las-Paletas-Gourmet-Popsicles/152523121429659

The place is small, but if you are only selling water and popsicles how big of a place do you really need?

PP and MikeS went for a Cucumber and Chili Paletas
    I ordered a Pineapple/Blackberry

All I got to say is YUMMMMMMMMM
    It was the perfectly balance of sweeness and tartness, perfect after lunch, after pie palate cleanser.
    PP and MikeS both enjoyed thiers too, but by the end they were both agreeing about the strong cucumber flavor of their Paletas.
    After our icy treat we headed back to the Northside of Nashville so MikeS could get to HIS cousin Johnnies and get ready for the trip down to Mobile.  We shook hands and MikeS headed off.  I asked PP if he was up to one more stop, and being the gratious guide he is accepted and off to 400 Degrees Hot Chicken.

400 Degrees Hot Chicken
    319 Peabody Street
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.400degreeshotchicken.com/

Aqui was behind the counter and ready to create our wonderful delights.  This is a new location for her and according to her and PP this location is MUCH better than her old spot.

The food court she is in is an up and coming area of downtown Nashville, about a block from the new convention center and only a couple blocks away from Bridgestone Arena and "The Bat Cave"

I had to BB, WJ and TTm (at least no "Cheater Cheater")

The menu was offering something for everyone, from mild to WILD.
    By this point of our adventure PP had had enough, so I ordered something to "snack on"

200 Degree Leg Quarter
    and

400 Degree leg Quarter
    and finally

400 Degree Pork Chop
    I have had Prince's Hot Chicken before and Hot Chicken at some other places around Smashville, this was the first time I have had a chance to try Aqui's version.  I was impressed, she has such an energy and personality.  She told me all about her Hot Chicken, and I was hooked by her enthusiasim.
    Here is an inside glance at the pork chop

The chop was moist and juicy and hotter than a junebug in a bug zapper
    Here is the inside of the 200 degree chicken

The chicken was also tender and juicy, I finished the 200 degree but took home the other, for a midnight snack, and hey it's almost midnight.

Aqui mentioned that she was just on the Food Network the night before and will be on "Food Paradise" on the travel channel soon.
    After this sampling PP needed to head home and start getting ready for the trip south in the morning, so i took him to his car and we parted ways.

PP and MikeS - Thank you for taking part of your day and spending some time together it was really good to meet and to see you both.

I wandered around Nashville for a little while, down around LP Field, The Sounds Ball Park, Broadway, Music Row, Vanderbilt Univ.  I wish I was a passenger I couldn't drive and take pictures too.  I saw a lot of neat cathedrals, Union Station which is now a hotel, and may othe places that I just wondered what they were.  I took a few minutes along Broadway to listening to some Honkey Tonk at Robert's Western World, and then I headed back East.  I was getting low on gas so I just wandered around the eastside for a few minutes and WOW gasoline for $3.19 a gallon.  (The rest of downtown and the area was at least $3.39 and above with the highest downtown at $3.89)  I called PP and told him about it, since he lives fairly close and that was a good price.  Leaving the gas station I realized (as I passed a Fat Mo's) that Eastside Fish should be around there.

Eastside Fish
    2617 Gallatin Pike
    Nashville, TN
    Website under construction

Yep, I was right and my car guided itself into the parking lot.  Inside I was greeted by a young man behind the counter, and I ordered a Whiting Sandwich with cheese, onion and hot sauce.

WJ, BB, TTM, CTD - There was not a kid with his pants falling off like last time we all were there.
    I thought I had the picture from last year uploaded with the kid with hi pants around his knees and his red boxers showing. 

They have done some redecorating since we all were ther last year.

I really hope that isnt where they are getting the "Whiting" from 

Eastside Fish is now home to the Krunkest Fish on the planet.

Whatever krunkest means.  The murals were really cool though.
    Here is the Whiting Sandwich which I took home and just ate for a midnight snack, my nose is still running from 400 Degree Chicken earlier, i couldnt handle it again tonight.

I got home just in time to go to dinner with my Dad, His Wife and Her Mother.  We went to Los Compadres Mexican Restaurant in Lebanon.  It has always been good food and service has always been very good.  It was interesting to see that in a very full restaurant there were about 75% of the patrons were Hispanic.  Always a good sign.

Well the Grandfather clock in the living room just struck Midnight, my coach is now a piece of Hot Chicken in the fridge and my day is done.

Good Night Yall

post edited by CajunKing - 2013/02/15 01:13:28
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5043
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 10:42:03 (permalink)
    CajunKing

All I got to say after today is "WOOF" my stomach is still churning.  Why you are asking yourself? Never and I repeat NEVER eat BBQ, then a Las Paletas, then 200 and 400 degree chicken, then Hot Fish before going to a Mexican Restaurant for dinner.
    I hope you're feeling better this morning and didn't have to make any "midnight dashes"!
    Art Deco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 890
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 11:38:49 (permalink)
    Just for future reference, the proper order is to have the Paletas after the hot chicken!
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4524
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 12:06:04 (permalink)
    Poverty Pete

Were you talking about stopping at Henpeck or stating that you were henpecked?
    pnwchef
    • Total Posts : 2372
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 13:02:04 (permalink)
    Nice report. maybe you guys could teach Michael H how to use a camera when you see him. I know he could learn, Lisa has been teaching him well...............pnwc
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3967
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 13:42:55 (permalink)
    OK, I didn't see this so I added my stuff on the original thread. So I'll summarize here......
    My first day in the Mobile area was spent in Fairhope, about 20 miles away. Lunch was at Buck's Diner in Fairhope.
    Delicious country fried steak with sweet potato casserole, with nice chunks of pecan in the sweet potatoes.

I got other sides too----fried okra, greens and cornbread.

Sterling got the baked chicken.

Rainy day, but tomorrow was supposed to be better.

Thursday we went to a friend of Sterling's in Perdido Key, FL, south of Pensacola.. A Cajun, she made us an amazing seafood gumbo for lunch. After that, we headed into
    Pensacola. First stop was Joe Patti's Seafood. 
     If I tried to shoot all their fresh fish and seafood it could take a whole page. An amazing place!
    Next we went down to Orange Beach, AL. There is a place called the Gulf. The owner built it on the beach out of used shipping containers. It was a perfect place for cocktails.

Nice to have a Maker's Mark while watching a sailboat from a beachside sofa.

Sunset was great.

I know Friday will be awesome. On our way to meet will_work_for_barbecue at Dew Drop Inn for a dog, and the on the Wintzell's. Yeah!

post edited by EdSails - 2013/02/15 13:44:43
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 15:02:52 (permalink)
    Ed you still SUCK!!

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 15:05:00 (permalink)
    pogophiles

Just for future reference, the proper order is to have the Paletas after the hot chicken!

I even told PP that they should sell the Paletas at 400 Degree they both would make a killing.
    Except I would probably order the chocolate with chili one

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 16:11:11 (permalink)

When he has an Italian sandwich in front of him he looks like this....

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13481
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/15 16:21:07 (permalink)
    PP's appearance reminds me of the  ex governor of Minnesota.  Maybe PP has him by a few pounds.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/16 13:57:49 (permalink)
    Krunkest fish would be...
    "Fresh" fish is the 80s
    "Fly" fish in the 90s
    It could also be known as "swag" fish today.
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/17 00:37:49 (permalink)
    I Beg your forgiveness!
    CajunKing

Ed you still SUCK!!

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/17 00:43:11 (permalink)
    EdSails

I Beg your forgiveness!
    CajunKing

Ed you still SUCK!!

I will think about it as long as you ate a few dozen oysters for me.
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/17 11:39:19 (permalink)
    What's the next amount after "few"?

agnesrob
    • Total Posts : 1790
    Re:2013 Glee Club Weekend - Official Thread 2013/02/18 17:52:42 (permalink)
    What a great report CK! Good to see you posting so much again. I know I have been through my posting ups and downs due to personal stuff. I've always enjoyed your posts!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1