The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2500 miles for a Ted's Hotdog

gottatravel

• Total Posts: 68
2500 miles for a Ted's Hotdog Sun, 10/3/04 10:26 AM (permalink)
I just returned home from a 2500 mile journey for a Ted's hot dog and custard from Andersons. One day last week I decided that I had enough reading about it, go get some. Then I thought a lobster roll would be good, perhaps a Super Duper Weenie etc might taste pretty darn good so I took the long way around and headed for the east coast.
I used to be stationed at Newport RI and wanted to see it again. That placed changed so much I just kept on going.
Started up Route 1 north through Maine eating lobster rolls and fried clams as I went. Tried to eat at the Clam Shack but that place was very crowded with no parking available. Ate a very tasty lobster crossant at a small place called Hatties in Biddleford Pool ME.
Missed Paul's lobster pound because it was late in the afternoon. There are so many lobster places around it is very difficult to choose. A person can only eat so much in one day.

After checking out the Maine coast I decided to go look at the fall color so off I went through New Hampshire, Vermont and New York just zigging and zagging around working my way to Buffalo.

I did not eat at the orignal Ted's or Anderson's but was assured that the new places were just as good. After consuming a couple of dogs and a large twist cone I have to agree.

I wish I could have eaten at all the great places that I saw and read about on this site. During my 10 days I never really had a poor meal. Some could have used a bit of improvement but the desire to provide good service seemed to be there. I did not eat at any chain type places with the exception of the motels.

A great trip IMHO.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
    RE: 2500 miles for a Ted's Hotdog Sun, 10/3/04 12:59 PM (permalink)
    Neat trip!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com