34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix

Author
acer2x
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 456
2011/06/11 08:54:31 (permalink)

34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix

Howard Seftel, the restaurant reviewer for The Arizona Republic, reviews Burger places:

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/dining/articles/2011/06/09/20110609howard-seftel-reviews-burgers-34-phoenix-restaurants.html

8 Replies Related Threads

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2785
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/11 09:12:31 (permalink)
    Looks like a lot of good places on that list, but COME ON MAN!  Over TEN BUCKS ($10!) for a stinking burger? Add in the 10% sales tax and a decent gratuity and you may end up between $15 & $20 for a HAMBURGER.

That said, I won't be going to many of these places unless they offer a coupon or Groupon.  The reviewer did miss Indulge Burgers & More which my family found to have really good burgers and thought was better than a couple of places on the list. I had a burger with a peanut butter sauce that was surprisingly good. I had a Groupon, or I would not have eaten there at these prices.
    NascarDad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 336
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/11 19:49:12 (permalink)
    Unfortunately 10 bucks for an excellent quality burger , while expensive and more than I want to pay is not especially out of line.

Heck, Arbys here, 1 kids meal, a chicken nugget and 1 large beef and cheddar was over 15 dollars, and that was only with the 1 drink included for the kids meal. No fries except for the kids meal either. Ripoff but with sick kids dropped on me at the last minute with no other meal plans and my only other timely choice was Mickey Ds. I would gladly have paid 12 bucks for a great burger over the 6 I paid for an Arby's sandwich
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 821
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/14 13:40:57 (permalink)
    For the most part, a bunch of over priced, over hyped foo foo burgers.
    brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1153
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/14 13:53:43 (permalink)
    Put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Call it a steakburger and charge ten bucks, it's still a burger. No way I'm gonna pay that. I'd rather eat lutefisk.
    eruby
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 721
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/14 14:30:20 (permalink)
    I see the last burger is a 12 oz bacon cheeseburger that comes with a side for $9 at happy hour.  That's not a bad deal.

The 8oz hamburger at Tessaro's in Pittsburgh is $7.95 and comes with a side.  I've enjoyed it many times.
    http://www.allmenus.com/pa/pittsburgh/32189-tessaros/menu/

Two places near me have great happy hour deals on burgers.  Johansson's has a 8oz burger and fries for $5 on Monday night that is among the best I've had.
    http://www.johanssonsdininghouse.com/eventdetail.asp?eventid=105

O'Lordan's has Tues-Fri, happy hour deal on the Blarney Burger at $4.75 (regularly $9.59). Excellent!

Blarney Burger
    1/2 pound burger grilled to your liking topped with smokey blarney cheese and bacon, with roasted garlic mayonnaise.  Comes with Fries & Cole Slaw  $9.59
    http://www.olordansirishpub.com/events/detail.asp?newsid=26

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6431
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/14 15:07:38 (permalink)
    brisketboy

Put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Call it a steakburger and charge ten bucks, it's still a burger. No way I'm gonna pay that. I'd rather eat lutefisk.

Lutefisk? Do you even have a clue as to what you are saying?
    Penn German Chef
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/14 17:50:18 (permalink)
    I am most amused at the people complaining about the current cost of non fast food chain burger. You apparently do not understand all the associated cost of running a independent operation. Furthermore those who will only use coupons are doing the owner no favors because they must make up the losses by the hope you'll buy sides and drinks. I say if you're going to complain about cost just stay home and be a stuffy boring tightwad. Most staff and owner don't want to hear your misguided bitching anyway.
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 821
    Re:34 Burger places reviewed in Phoenix 2011/06/15 15:20:33 (permalink)
    Penn German Chef

I am most amused at the people complaining about the current cost of non fast food chain burger. You apparently do not understand all the associated cost of running a independent operation. Furthermore those who will only use coupons are doing the owner no favors because they must make up the losses by the hope you'll buy sides and drinks. I say if you're going to complain about cost just stay home and be a stuffy boring tightwad. Most staff and owner don't want to hear your misguided bitching anyway.

I thourghly understand all of the associated costs. I have worked in the business for 17 years since retiring from the Navy. If it is cost they are so worried about why do they use these high priced, exotic "blends" of beef. It's a hamburger. Hamburgers are just the current "hot trend", these over priced so called "chef inspired" burgers will soon be a thing of the past. Perhaps they will move on to the $14 hot dog.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1