The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

8 inch pvc bumper mounted water tanks?

newandathepoet

• Total Posts: 17
8 inch pvc bumper mounted water tanks? Fri, 01/10/14 11:22 PM (permalink)
I saw the Mojo truck out of Miami on Eat Street.  His "bumper" is an 8 inch PVC waste water tank with a fresh water one on the rear roof too.  Anyone see the plus side?

RichardFla

• Total Posts: 9
    Re:8 inch pvc bumper mounted water tanks? Sat, 01/11/14 12:03 AM (permalink)
    4 years ago there was one state inspector that covered trucks,now the are 5 covering our county alone,the older trucks are grandfathered somewhat,but a new build would no longer be able to use that system.

The plus side? A 30 gal fresh with a 45 gal waste carriage mounted tanks is $212 delivered ,PVC probably $50 at most.
    Mounted on roof heats water and has gravity flow,not sure if it heats up to the required 130 degree but worked back in the day when nobody really paid attention.

newandathepoet

• Total Posts: 17
      Re:8 inch pvc bumper mounted water tanks? Sat, 01/11/14 12:23 AM (permalink)
      I'm in Alaska.  No one will notice!  Every question I ask the DEC is a new one on them.  One inspector for the whole Kenia Peninsula. Ripe for the picking. Not that I want to get on her bad side.  I asked if roll up doors were legal over a week ago and still have no answer.  I see on TV that the trucks in Hawaii run with roll up doors, just seems dirty to me. Anyone using roll ups.  How much to convert to barn doors?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com