A Few Spots In Texas

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
hookemtms
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: A Few Spots In Texas 2003/10/20 14:33:59 (permalink)
Also, you mentioned Dale's Essenhaus as well. We visit the Walburg Merc. for the great German beer selection from time to time (not to mention the Walburg Boys' music out back) but haven't tried Dale's food as yet....anything particular about this spot?
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: A Few Spots In Texas 2003/10/21 09:33:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by hookemtms

Also, you mentioned Dale's Essenhaus as well. We visit the Walburg Merc. for the great German beer selection from time to time (not to mention the Walburg Boys' music out back) but haven't tried Dale's food as yet....anything particular about this spot?

Hi hookem!

I'd say it's the meat that makes the Monument burgers so good. I'm starting to see a lot of Kobe beef served in places recently, and that's what they use. I suppose Kobe beef is being raised in the USA now, because it's not expensive like it used to be. (There's a new meat shop on Mays in Round Rock that specializes in Kobe, and it's really not much more that what you find in a grocery. Henry's Butcher Block. Try it!)

I've never had anything at Monument I didn't like, though.

About Dale's; I've been going there since it was a lot smaller operation than it is now. Dale will tell you that the "Walburger" he serves built his business. They are REALLY good. The meat is extra tasty, and he serves grilled onions on them, which makes a difference. He also serves a great CFS, and usually has a "daily special" of something. The fries used to be wonderful, but he changed and they are not worth getting anymore. (BTW, mashed potatoes aren't on the menu, but he serves them. Great with a CFS or hamburger steak.)

And as for the Mercantile, I eat there about every 2 months. We were just up there on Saturday night for Oktoberfest, and had a GREAT time. Fantastic German food.

Another good burger near you is at the Weir General Store. Yes, it's a grill in a convenience store, but it's local-owned and they put out a wonderful burger.
hookemtms
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: A Few Spots In Texas 2003/10/21 11:08:19 (permalink)
Thanks for the reply....I will definately try both places for their burgers now, and maybe even the place in Weir.

I need to get to the Mercantile for their last weekend of Oktoberfest...the wife and I almost went this past Saturday as well.

Thanks again!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1