A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10115
2010/09/09 01:07:07 (permalink)

A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR

Just watched a re-run of a Man verses Food episode featuring a wealthy man, Jennings Osborne, who does Humongous BBQ's for Firefighters, Police men and others from all over the state of AR. What a Spread!
In tonight’s episode Adam Richman goes out to the Osborne family’s farm for one of those giant barbecue platters. One Osborne platter is usually enough to feed a family of four for a week. The platter consists of a whole chicken (and not a small one), a beef rib that appears to be more of an elephant rib, a slab of brisket, sausages, a jumbo pulled pork sandwich and one of those turkey legs like you find at the State Fair. Probably 6#'s of meat!

He has a BBQ BARN with a complete BBQ setup including 12 Commercial Size Smokers and each one can cook over a 1000 #'s each! If you get a chance to watch it, It's Amazing!

He also had a Christmas display with MILLIONS of lights that airplanes could see from 80 miles away! The neighbors complained & sued him about the visitor traffic so he donated the lights to Disneyworld! He's lived my Fantasy. Anyone ever heard of this guy? He's my hero!
post edited by Foodbme - 2010/09/09 01:27:31

8 Replies Related Threads

arkie624
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2010/11/22 19:31:29 (permalink)
    Yes, I married his wife Mitzi Udouj-Osborne's niece....if you want stories I can fill you in on the opulence and senseless waste of money that family is guilty of.....
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6178
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2010/11/23 12:11:04 (permalink)
    arkie624

Yes, I married his wife Mitzi Udouj-Osborne's niece....if you want stories I can fill you in on the opulence and senseless waste of money that family is guilty of.....

That's a different take on a guy who obviously has the money to do whatever he pleases, which includes feeding police, firefighters, emergency responders, vets, and a host of other worthy people and causes, all for free. I praise senseless people like that.

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13477
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2011/02/08 15:14:41 (permalink)
    I not only admire him, I envy him.  Obviously he is wealthy but it appears that he uses his wealth for a bunch of other folks. 

Chewy, you need to model your BBQ after his

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    baileysoriginal
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 758
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2011/02/08 22:35:51 (permalink)
    Mr Sundancer - you're so right - Jennings Osborne has money to burn but he's used that money to make many people's lives better.

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3905
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2011/02/10 12:48:58 (permalink)
    It was a neat episode and I praise the man for his comunnity service and philanthropic activities. The food looked great...but how anyone could eat that whole plate of food is beyond me!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13477
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2011/02/10 13:16:01 (permalink)
    EdSails

It was a neat episode and I praise the man for his comunnity service and philanthropic activities. The food looked great...but how anyone could eat that whole plate of food is beyond me!

I watched it also.  More food than a family of four could eat in a week.  Each person got a four pound chicken, a dinosaur rib, more sausage than anyone could eat, enough brisket to feed the Mayor and myself and lotsa other stuff.  I got full just watching the program.  I admire the man.  He is obviously very very wealthly but he gives back to his community and does not brag like Donald Trump.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10115
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2011/02/10 13:39:10 (permalink)
    arkie624

Whatsamatta? Did you get left out of the will? Nothing like jealous relatives. It's their money to do with what they wish without consulting with distant relatives twice removed by marriage.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15185
    Re:A Jennings Osborne BBQ in Little Rock AR 2011/02/13 04:46:04 (permalink)
    I saw that episode also and have been wondering how I could swing an invitation to the next celebration. That 'feed' looks like the sort of party I have dreamed about for years. Maybe we can get Jane and Michael to host and sponsor one like that sometime soon ???
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1