A Missing Forum

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
howard8
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 355
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 08:50:53 (permalink)
Trucky;
No offense taken. I was just playing with you. I love to youse words in non-traditional ways to be funny or make a point.
Trucky McGillis
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 08:52:44 (permalink)
I think we can do the ol' Meremac Double Duck on this one -

I'm gonna suggest some great input that Geoff might want to avoid on account of the output - FUNNEL CAKES!

I'll tell you, I can eat a ton of these little babies. One year at Six Flags, I had a contest with my cousin, and I ate 27 in one sitting - although I got to admit they only had the powder sugart on them. Poor old Yuber started in on the Tijuana Two-step after only 19!
spadoman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 08:57:48 (permalink)
Minnesota State Fair is "Known" for its On-a-stick presentations. Last year they had macaroni and cheese on a stick. Really, it was a gob of mac n' cheese, battered, deep fried and stick inserted. also, pork chops, corn dogs, sausages of all kinds. But the best thing there (in my humble opinion) are the cream puffs. They're filled with either chocolate or regular real whipped cream. I know they aren't only fair food, but the ones from this fair are gooooooooooood!
spadoman
Cheeseburger
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 09:00:59 (permalink)
Another thought about fair/carnival food. Does this missing caterforie include ethnic festival food? or, civic function food? or church basement after communion. confirmation, bar mitsva, funeral food? How about the great variety of Fry Bread served at Native American Pow Wow's? Should I start a thread? I'm so confused!!!
Trucky McGillis
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 09:08:13 (permalink)
Start a thread, m'man! I have no idea what all that stuff is you mentioned, but sounds good! I want to learn more!
Geoff Steinberg
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 16:08:24 (permalink)
I gotta admit I love the little powdered donuts you get at the fair, that are super hot when you buy them and covered in cinammon sugar. Mmmm, mmmmmm! When the paper bag they come in is slick with their grease so the donuts almost slide down your gullet. Wow. Absolutely great snack, though they rarely leave me feeling goodly. Funnel cakes are probably better tasting because they almost taste more fresh, but eating 27 of them would probably kill me. I like them with chocolate sauce, strawberries, icing sugar, and honey (the best places let you put your own toppings on though you have to pay extra for fruit); I come up to Vancouver a lot and their PNE has some of the best funnel cakes on the planet.

The worst part of carnival food are the carnival bathrooms. I HATE portojohn's and when there's that kind of bad food being eaten they get disgusting in a hurry. If I could change one thing about carnivals, it would either be to have better toilets OR open up a restaurant that just serves carnival food (so you wouldn't have t ogo to the carnival to get it).
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2414
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 16:35:38 (permalink)
Bloomin' onions are my biggest weakness, they sure are great with a nice cold Bud Light, which is all they seel at our county fair. Bud, Bud Light.
Oneiron339
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2075
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 16:42:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

Bloomin' onions are my biggest weakness, they sure are great with a nice cold Bud Light, which is all they seel at our county fair. Bud, Bud Light.

Hey 246! That's all you need!
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2885
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 18:18:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Steinberg

Okay, though I'm still interested to know what food might give me problems. :)

Well, I will be honest...if you are sincere, I don't think it's just the food. You really should get to a doctor. You may have a condition called "Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)". If so, you need to reduce stress, get more exercise, stop caffeine, alcohol, tomatoes, hydrogenated fats and gaseous foods (beans, cabbage, etc). There are also natural remedies and medication. Good luck and I hope this is helpful.

www.healingwell.com/ibs/

EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 18:28:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by spadoman

Another thought about fair/carnival food. Does this missing caterforie include ethnic festival food? or, civic function food? or church basement after communion. confirmation, bar mitsva, funeral food? How about the great variety of Fry Bread served at Native American Pow Wow's? Should I start a thread? I'm so confused!!!

I would love to see threads on those topics, Spadoman! I always like the satays served at the Thai booths, and have had some great Jamaican food at festivals. But the idea of deep-fried mac and cheese is making my head spin! Wow! Nirvana!
Geoff Steinberg
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/26 21:07:06 (permalink)
Well enough people here have told me that maybe I have a problem. I probably wouldn't listen to most internet forums but given that this is about food (and I bet that means most of you get indigestion at least occasionally!!) maybe I'll do something about it. *sigh* Just what I need - another problem.
spadoman
Cheeseburger
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/27 02:04:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by EliseT

quote:
Originally posted by spadoman

I would love to see threads on those topics, Spadoman! I always like the satays served at the Thai booths, and have had some great Jamaican food at festivals. But the idea of deep-fried mac and cheese is making my head spin! Wow! Nirvana!

OK, But I'm still a newbie. I need help with protocol. Some needs to help me create a thread. Festival/Ethnic celebration foods? Hmmmm, this could be big! Watermelon festival in Green River Utah has great, well, er, watermelon, (and there's this woman there who makes a wonderful Indian Taco) Hey, Don't I know you from Hermosa Beach?
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/27 02:29:06 (permalink)
Well, for festival foods, I would probably click on "misc" forum, then there will be a choice "reply to topic" or "create an new topic". Click on "create new topic" and do it like a regular post.

PS. Was that you who called the Hermosa PD?
spadoman
Cheeseburger
RE: A Missing Forum 2003/09/29 05:23:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by EliseT

Well, for festival foods, I would probably click on "misc" forum, then there will be a choice "reply to topic" or "create an new topic". Click on "create new topic" and do it like a regular post.

PS. Was that you who called the Hermosa PD?

OK, it's done. A new thread has been started on the subject. Thanks. And, yes, I called the police. I reported the streaker running through the alley.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1