A New Doogie's

Author
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1026
2004/04/06 09:06:03 (permalink)

A New Doogie's

Doogie's (of Newington, CT) has opened a branch in Waterbury for those in the 203 area code who crave a two-foot hot dog (or an excellent normal-length hot dog, for that matter). It's at 560 Chase Ave., exit 36 off Route 8. Review to follow...

6 Replies Related Threads

Edwaste
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: A New Doogie's 2004/04/09 02:02:44 (permalink)
    Yup, just down the road a piece from Uncle Willie's.
    RoyHarv
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 75
    RE: A New Doogie's 2004/04/20 19:30:52 (permalink)
    I've never made it to the original, but I stopped in at the new one today and had a Classic Philly. Man did they load that up! And was it a mess! But it sure was good.
    RoyHarv
    Hamburger
    RE: A New Doogie's 2004/09/04 16:25:52 (permalink)
    Doogie's in Waterbury is going to be serving breakfast, starting next Tuesday. They have the menu posted already, including one rather large combination (I forget the name they gave it) with six eggs any style, three pieces of french toast, three pancakes, sausage, bacon, ham, lots of taters, and either coffee or tea. They say they think it is rediculous, but they had a request so they decided to put it on the menu. If you finish it (no sharing!) you get your name on the wall.

Had a good philly again today, as always.
    RoyHarv
    Hamburger
    RE: A New Doogie's 2004/10/04 17:25:41 (permalink)
    When I was at Doogie's in Waterbury on Saturday there were three names on the wall of people who had finished their oversized - I wish I could remember what they called it - breakfast.

I ordered a 2 foot hot dog, but they were out of them. Had to settle for one of their wonderful phillies.
    RoyHarv
    Hamburger
    RE: A New Doogie's 2004/11/12 22:13:32 (permalink)
    The news is not good.

I passed by the "new Doogie's" in Waterbury yesterday. It ain't Doogie's any more. It is still open, and still serves food, but the Doogie's name is gone from the signs - covered up, actually. The new signs are talking about chicken. But they still mention phillies, so I'll be stopping in when I get a chance to see how things stand now.

I was worried from the first time I visited. They seemed to have put an awful lot of money into fancy chairs and such, but they never had a whole lot of customers. Its a shame, the food was good.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: A New Doogie's 2004/11/12 22:36:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by RoyHarv

The news is not good.

I passed by the "new Doogie's" in Waterbury yesterday. It ain't Doogie's any more. It is still open, and still serves food, but the Doogie's name is gone from the signs - covered up, actually. The new signs are talking about chicken. But they still mention phillies, so I'll be stopping in when I get a chance to see how things stand now.

I was worried from the first time I visited. They seemed to have put an awful lot of money into fancy chairs and such, but they never had a whole lot of customers. Its a shame, the food was good.

Thanks for the info.. Please keep us updated!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1