A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA!

Author
Rosebud
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/03/22 14:03:47 (permalink)

A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA!

Roadtrip to Florida...the circuitous route! Our trip included a stop to Wendell Smith's in Nashville, The Crab Shack in Tybee Island, GA, and The Boarding House Rest in Savannah(where we dined with the owner:)! My favorite restaurants on our month-long trip were not in the book and should be considered! The Breakfast Club on Tybee Island was exactly what I would expect in the Roadfood book...the favorite of locals and a really 'hot spot' for a Saturday chow-down breakfast! Also...we found the MOST FANTASTIC little restaurant serving classic southern food...a mid-priced fabulous menu in the genteel ambiance of an old home in the downtown area of the little town of Perry, Georgia. It is also a delightful little town for an interesting stop when you're tired of driving! "Eat Your Way Across the USA" has become our vacation motto:)

4 Replies Related Threads

crew84row
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 174
    Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! 2013/03/22 14:16:06 (permalink)
    Was that Swanson's? in Perry?   We 've missed stopping there on Sunday's twice now when we've comeback from Hotlanta.
    Glad you had a good trip.
    I hope you can come back with reviews of the places you like that aren't yet on RF or in the Book. 
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15302
    Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! 2013/03/31 07:53:17 (permalink)
    Welcome to the boards Rosebud. We looking forward to reading the details of your adventures shortly.
    AL
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8061
    Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! 2013/03/31 15:03:18 (permalink)
    Rosebud!  That's a great start.  I see you're a long time Roadfood member.

What did you eat at these places?  I love food details.

Keep posting!  You're doing a great job.
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:A Roadtrip from Chicago to Florida...eating our way across the USA! 2013/04/01 06:36:53 (permalink)
    Great start, Rosebud.  Please, more details!!  I was not familiar with Wendell Smith's in Nashville so you've given me a new place to look for.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1