Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

A Saturday supper in Asheville, NC

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
angle222

• Total Posts: 1
Re:Miss Nancy......... Mon, 06/7/10 4:15 AM (permalink)
[editorid="ctl00_contentplaceholder1_postmsg"][canaddcustomcolors="true"][stripabsoluteimagespaths="false"][commoninternalparameters="u2tpblbhdggsrmfsc2usmcxmmfp2y25wdgn5ovnzv1jeyji1mgntoxnjetlgwkdsmgizsxzvmnrwym5ndljhvm1zwfzzzerjd01ewxy="]Two years ago Darryl Hansome, now 49, moved to Asheville to be closer to his elderly parents in the Raleigh/Durham area. A retired state Highway Patrol trooper from Buffalo, N.Y., he knew nothing about  reputation among gays. Nor did he know anyone in town.
But he met someone through friends who went to the supper club. He met other gays through ManSpirit, a gay men's spiritual group in Asheville, and Gay Spirit Visions, organizers of spiritual retreats near Highlands.

porkbeaks

• Total Posts: 2201
    Re:Miss Nancy......... Mon, 06/7/10 7:22 AM (permalink)
    angle222

Two years ago Darryl Hansome, now 49, moved to Asheville to be closer to his elderly parents in the Raleigh/Durham area. A retired state Highway Patrol trooper from Buffalo, N.Y., he knew nothing about  reputation among gays. Nor did he know anyone in town.
    But he met someone through friends who went to the supper club. He met other gays through ManSpirit, a gay men's spiritual group in Asheville, and Gay Spirit Visions, organizers of spiritual retreats near Highlands.

And what?  They all had a Saturday supper together?

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
      Re:Miss Nancy......... Mon, 06/7/10 7:41 AM (permalink)
      Heartbreaksoup

Thanks to everybody who offered suggestions.  We had supper Friday at Tupelo Honey (I had the rainbow trout special and it was amazing), lunch Saturday at The Soda Fountain at Woolworth Walk, supper at Moose Cafe (everyone must try those pickled beets, those are something else) and breakfast this morning at Early Girl, which was possibly my favorite of the meals.

Plus, we'll be back in seven weeks for Bele Chere and found lots more fun places to try.

Did you take pictures?  Is a trip report in our future?  So glad you enjoyed your trip.

Heartbreaksoup

• Total Posts: 407
        Re:Miss Nancy......... Mon, 06/7/10 10:24 AM (permalink)
        Nancy, my wife and I have a blog where we will be sharing the meals of the week.  It's http://marieletseat.blogspot.com and the first Asheville entry, for Tupelo Honey Cafe, is up now. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com