A Saturday supper in Asheville, NC

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
angle222
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re:Miss Nancy......... 2010/06/07 04:15:00 (permalink)
[editorid="ctl00_contentplaceholder1_postmsg"][canaddcustomcolors="true"][stripabsoluteimagespaths="false"][commoninternalparameters="u2tpblbhdggsrmfsc2usmcxmmfp2y25wdgn5ovnzv1jeyji1mgntoxnjetlgwkdsmgizsxzvmnrwym5ndljhvm1zwfzzzerjd01ewxy="]Two years ago Darryl Hansome, now 49, moved to Asheville to be closer to his elderly parents in the Raleigh/Durham area. A retired state Highway Patrol trooper from Buffalo, N.Y., he knew nothing about  reputation among gays. Nor did he know anyone in town.
But he met someone through friends who went to the supper club. He met other gays through ManSpirit, a gay men's spiritual group in Asheville, and Gay Spirit Visions, organizers of spiritual retreats near Highlands.
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re:Miss Nancy......... 2010/06/07 07:22:56 (permalink)
angle222
Two years ago Darryl Hansome, now 49, moved to Asheville to be closer to his elderly parents in the Raleigh/Durham area. A retired state Highway Patrol trooper from Buffalo, N.Y., he knew nothing about  reputation among gays. Nor did he know anyone in town.
But he met someone through friends who went to the supper club. He met other gays through ManSpirit, a gay men's spiritual group in Asheville, and Gay Spirit Visions, organizers of spiritual retreats near Highlands.

And what?  They all had a Saturday supper together?
Nancypalooza
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3778
Re:Miss Nancy......... 2010/06/07 07:41:01 (permalink)
Heartbreaksoup

Thanks to everybody who offered suggestions.  We had supper Friday at Tupelo Honey (I had the rainbow trout special and it was amazing), lunch Saturday at The Soda Fountain at Woolworth Walk, supper at Moose Cafe (everyone must try those pickled beets, those are something else) and breakfast this morning at Early Girl, which was possibly my favorite of the meals.

Plus, we'll be back in seven weeks for Bele Chere and found lots more fun places to try.

Did you take pictures?  Is a trip report in our future?  So glad you enjoyed your trip.
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 475
Re:Miss Nancy......... 2010/06/07 10:24:54 (permalink)
Nancy, my wife and I have a blog where we will be sharing the meals of the week.  It's http://marieletseat.blogspot.com and the first Asheville entry, for Tupelo Honey Cafe, is up now. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1