The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

A fight over an order McDonald’s

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
  • Roadfood Insider
A fight over an order McDonald’s Fri, 10/14/11 7:43 PM (permalink)
SHOCK VIDEO: Savage Attack At Manhattan McDonald’s NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A fight over an order at a Manhattan McDonald’s leads to complete chaos and it was all caught on tape.

Sources tell CBS 2’s Chris Wragge the stunning incident featured a cashier with a criminal past violently beating two customers.

It was a horrific scene to watch. A cashier used a metal rod to brutally beat two female customers inside a Greenwich Village McDonald’s on West Fourth Street.

The gruesome act of violence early Thursday morning escalated after the customers argued and yelled obscenities at the cashier when he questioned a $50 bill they gave him.

One of the female customers then slapped the cashier. A woman is then seen jumping over the counter, while the other woman goes behind the register. They are then savagely attacked.

Other customers watched in horror as other McDonald’s workers tried unsuccessfully to stop the violence.
One female customer has a fractured skull and a broken arm. The other has a deep cut.

Rayon McIntosh, 31, was arrested and charged with felony assault. McIntosh served more than a decade in prison after shooting and killing a high school classmate in 2000.

Video http://newyork.cbslocal.c...t-manhattan-mcdonalds/

Please offer your thoughts in the comments section below.
Brad Donald Lannon
Its So frigging blatant how bad they slant is. Its the opposite of freaking reality. Was this staff on drugs when watching the tape?
October 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm 

IronKnuckle
What I would like to see is the person charged with assault for jumping behind the counter. Life isn’t a game of Super Smash Bros. Melee. Jumping behind the counter is on the face an indicator of assault.
October 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Catman
Absolutely. The cashier was perfectly just in defending himself against two attackers whose ultimate motives were obscure, but whose actions spoke volumes.
So what if he had a criminal past? He served his time and as far as we know, he’s been clean since then.
This is also a “teachable moment”. Never pick a fight with a stranger. You have absolutely NO idea of what they are capable of.
October 14, 2011 at 7:13 pm | 

Brad Donald Lannon
he tried to get away and they chased him and he defended himself. He didnt just lash out randomly.
October 14, 2011 at 7:22 pm 

Alex
Absolutely! I feel like I live in another world anymore…… The “story-writer” (no pun intended) wants us to feel sorry for the poor “unruly customers”….. Saddest part is that that TRASH that was at the McDonalds getting what they deserve will likely own that place….. and turn that into a sh1thole like everything else in their neighborhoods…… so sad………..
October 14, 2011 at 7:10 pm 

oflor
Idiot customers, should be in jail for ever…..protect the employees, they have the right to kill this thug customers, actually they are not real customers, they are criminals….bush fault again….
October 14, 2011 at 7:14 pm 

xdream
exactly. Self defense.
October 14, 2011 at 7:21 pm 

Rick
The unfortunate reality is these two thugs will probably receive a nice settlement in their upcoming civil suit, teaching them and everyone familiar with this situation that crime pays.
October 14, 2011 at 7:25 pm 

Brutus
Gotta love the spin the headlines put on it.
Sounds like they asked for it and finally someone gave them what they were asking for.
Be careful who you slap and vault over a counter to attack is the lesson here. That, and stick to the drive-thru at McDonald’s.
October 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm 

Hazel Burke
OH GOD I LOVE IT!! THEY WON’T BE JUMPING COUNTERS ANY TIME SOON!

Michael R.
The wrong party was arrested. These ghetto chicks got just what deserved an ass whopping. Poetic justice. Something tells me they will think about jumping over counters to settle a score…….
October 14, 2011 at 7:26 pm 

Brad Donald Lannon
What the hell CBS, they attack HIM and you make it so that he attacked them instead. They jumped the counter.
And what was up with that bringing up his criminal past crap what purpose to the story did that server. You guys are sick if this is the standard of reporting you endorse.
You and your team are disgusting with such transparent disgusting spin.
For more comments go to
http://newyork.cbslocal.c...t-manhattan-mcdonalds/

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
    Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Fri, 10/14/11 8:17 PM (permalink)
    Boy, corporate must be going bananas and thier PR people already weary from the last incident, must be moaning "not again". After the beating in Baltimore a few months ago, this one's another doozie for their reputation management folks. I don't think anyone is going to be getting any sleep over the next 72 hours.

While all parties are at blame, it doesn't look like the rest of the staff really tried that hard to stop the guy. Despite the claim that they did try to intervene, it looks like those two other workers look more like spectators after a half-hearted attempt.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 12:20 AM (permalink)
      Dawn, I agree with your post entirely but some points for thought.
      Why did they hire a known felon? Or did they check?

What responsibility do the two women have for starting the ruckus? In my mind they should go to jail and I'll bet the $50.00 dollar bill was bogus.

And as far as intervention, I doubt corporate would have any manuals, or preset rules on intervention. Or would they?

Or maybe more important should they?

Again your right a PR nightmare.

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
        Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 12:24 AM (permalink)
        the beating in Baltimore was 20 mins from my house, in my girlfriends old neighborhood. The person behind the counter was attacked, period... They had every right to defend themselves. FLAT OUT

DawnT

Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 12:54 AM (permalink)
          There's a difference between defending yourself and aggravated assault. Had he simply defended himself from attack or got the hell out of there, that would have been sufficent. Brandishing an iron rod and deliberately beating someone already subdued to the point of fracturing a skull and arm is excessive force and unecessary beyond protecting himself or others. He apparently has anger management issues and being a convicted felon after serving 10 years for manslaughter in 2000 doesn't help his case. This went way beyond defense. The video alone proves without a doubt that this was a merciless beatdown after he secured his own safety.

DawnT

Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 1:12 AM (permalink)
            Jack, you're right. McD's does have policies of intervention. That came out with the firing of employees of the Baltimore incident for aiding and abetting the two girls by cheering them on and seemingly doing nothing to intervene. Also the telephone/assault case where the employee was assulted by a non-employee proxy for the manager by a ficticious detective on the phone giving instructions to brutalize the employee. That case alone clarified the Mcd's policy of expectation of  employee intervention.  

Buck & Vi's

• Total Posts: 822
              Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 6:26 AM (permalink)
              I smell HOT COFFEE ! this place is going to be charise an chantells boutique . even tho they started the whole incident. they are portrayd as the "victims"  sorry but thats why we are where we are today.i'm not condoning what he did but ...I guess he shoulda run like he## instead.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2236
                Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 7:07 AM (permalink)
                Dr of BBQ

What responsibility do the two women have for starting the ruckus? In my mind they should go to jail and I'll bet the $50.00 dollar bill was bogus.

And as far as intervention, I doubt corporate would have any manuals, or preset rules on intervention. Or would they?

The Restaurant industry really doesn't have the cream of the crop to choose from...........3/4 of the people that respond to my help wanted adds are on Crack......Wal-Mart hires all the college grads for cashiers...............Whats left is, all the high school dropouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

wheregreggeats.com

Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 8:26 AM (permalink)
                  Dr of BBQ

"Felon" is a very nice way to say it  ... he was a murderer !!!

As for the $50 bill thing.  Some stores still have signs saying "nothing bigger than a $20" or something like that.

Reminds me of the time a while ago, also in NYC, at a Starbucks ... I had over $50 worth of coffees, pastries and so on ... I paid with a $50 and THEY WOULDN'T accept it !!!  The semi-circle of managers, cashiers, etc. formed around the other side of the counter.  (I don't remember the exact specifics, it must have been the only way I could have paid, in other words I must not have had 3 - $20's ... Why couldn't they take a credit card? ... I will never forget how it ended up!)

These corporate geniuses did come up with a solution to avoid having to be "the policy-breaker" to have accepted a fifty dollar bill ... they comped me the whole order !!!

Buck & Vi's

• Total Posts: 822
                    • Location: dodging,snakes,spiders,roaches, armadillos.opposso
                    Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 8:26 AM (permalink)
                    PNWCHEF

Dr of BBQ

The Restaurant industry really doesn't have the cream of the crop to choose from...........3/4 of the people that respond to my help wanted adds are on Crack......Wal-Mart hires all the college grads for cashiers...............Whats left is, all the high school dropouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

have to agree with you there chef, I recently ran an add to open up a second shift and got some of the most despicable characters I have ever seen, most looked like they just got done doing crack or were still on when they came w.t.f. is that all about? what ever happened to interview in a nice shirt and even jeans woulda been okay, but not wife beaters and ripped shorts, with a tattoo of the s.s. edmond fitzgerald damn !most dont want to really work anyway just need to have there card filled in from unemployment.

lornaschinske

• Total Posts: 1610
                      Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 12:34 PM (permalink)
                      Once upon a time, long, long ago. ..

I was a cashier in a lumberyard. We took credit cards. We had to call the cards in for approval. I was told to cut up a card. I had never done that before and I asked three times. The woman who had the card got terribly upset when I pulled out a pair of scissors and proceeded to cut it up (credit cards belong to the company issuing them and the approval company said they had been trying to get the card destroyed for a month). Her male companion, along with the woman, tried to jump the counter to get to me. Luckily a customer pulled the guy off of me. I was 5' 5" and 110 LB. I was an 18 yo kid and that scared the crap out of me. Luckily the bookkeeper's cop hubby was there and he arrested them. Seems she had been buying stuff all over town with the bad card. The violence they exhibited was shocking. And there must have been 15 people stand in the area observing.  After that incident, I wasn't too wild about taking a cc for payment. From that point of view (the victim), I believe the customers should have been charged with assault as well. The cashier when over board. BTW, I do not eat at McDonald's (or Burger King or any of the others... I get milk shakes from Sonic since we have no Dairy Queen)
                      <message edited by lornaschinske on Sat, 10/15/11 12:38 PM>

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
                        Re:A fight over an order McDonald’s Sat, 10/15/11 7:35 PM (permalink)
                        just my honest opinion... if you jump over my counter... if you don't die, you'll wish you had when i get done with you... The simple fact taht they followed him. I don't think he was wrong in any way... well maybe a little but still... I guess he did go overboard a tad. lol

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com