Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA

Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 156 of 156
carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
Re:A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA Wed, 07/28/10 6:49 PM (permalink)
   Before I left Henderson, Louis mentioned that I would be passing through the small community of Leavenworth as I headed east on IN 62, and that I should watch out for a restaurant on a hill. I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, but I did find out.

carolina bob

Re:A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA Wed, 07/28/10 7:04 PM (permalink)
       I know nothing about the menu or the food quality at the Overlook Restaurant, but the place's location is something else. Situated on a hilltop overlooking a bend in the Ohio River, the restaurant affords a great view of the very scenic river valley. Someday I've got to get back there and see what the food is like.

<message edited by Carolina Bob on Wed, 07/28/10 7:05 PM>

carolina bob

Re:A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA Wed, 07/28/10 9:17 PM (permalink)
         From Leavenworth I continued east on IN 62 to downtown Corydon and Butt Drugs. Unfortunately it had already closed by the time that I arrived.

carolina bob

Re:A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA Wed, 07/28/10 9:33 PM (permalink)
           My last foodstop of the trip was at The Chicken Place, located on Route 56 in Ireland IN, just west of Jasper.

This restaurant, which goes back to 1948, serves a very good fried chicken dinner, both the bird and the sides.

carolina bob

Re:A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA Wed, 07/28/10 9:39 PM (permalink)
             Here's the photo that should have been where the unintentional redundancy is...

After dinner, I headed north on US 231 and arrived home, very tired and about thirty pounds heavier, at around 1:00 AM. Full recovery came after roughly five full days of not budging from the sofa.

<message edited by Carolina Bob on Mon, 10/25/10 7:53 AM>

Boop333

• Total Posts: 97
            Re:A pair of back-to-back roadtrips: KY and PA Thu, 07/29/10 11:34 AM (permalink)
            Thanks to your amazing trip report, I have planned our upcoming, weekend motorcycle ride! I wish more trip reports were as detailed as this one. *two thumbs up*

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 156 of 156

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com