A&W fast food joint? Anyone eaten there ?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: A&W fast food joint? Anyone eaten there ? 2006/03/08 22:11:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Beer&Snausages

quote:
Originally posted by stricken_detective

quote:
Originally posted by roossy90
I havent seen an Arthur Treachers in 25 years.
Me either. They were good.

Also there is a Arthur Treachers on I-95 N of Baltimore in one of the Gas/Food stops (in this part of MD they are in the middle of the North and South bound lanes).

Also down in Florida around Key Largo there was an Arthur Trachers that was paired with a Miami Sub franchise.

When did that happen, last time I was there in 2004, there was no Treachers with that Miami Subs. Used to be an Ice cream place paired with it..
I had my first Miami Sub there back in 1990.. steak and cheese.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: A&W fast food joint? Anyone eaten there ? 2006/03/10 12:10:38 (permalink)
I just talked with a friend who grew up in CA. He would save his $$ and walk 2 miles to the A&W drive in for burgers and root bear served in a frostie glass mug. He would then order a gallon to go. He won't go to the new places, nothing like the old drive inns he said.. Tooo bad they messed things up!
Joe
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: A&W fast food joint? Anyone eaten there ? 2006/03/11 09:38:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

I just talked with a friend who grew up in CA. He would save his $$ and walk 2 miles to the A&W drive in for burgers and root bear served in a frostie glass mug. He would then order a gallon to go. He won't go to the new places, nothing like the old drive inns he said.. Tooo bad they messed things up!
Joe

He's right. I was stationed on a radar site at Red Bluff, CA, in 1959, loved the local A&W. The ones today are merely an image of the originals.

John
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2330
RE: A&W fast food joint? Anyone eaten there ? 2006/03/12 00:58:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Joe
We have a place like that here in my town--John's Root Beer Stand on Arcadian Ave in Waukesha, Wi. Good chili dogs, fries & they sell gallons of their root beer. Expensive, yes. But the best root beer in town.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1