The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Abbreviations for Deli Sandwiches

justia

• Total Posts: 3
Abbreviations for Deli Sandwiches Tue, 07/11/06 2:53 AM (permalink)
Would really like to have the best abbreviations for the Deli sandwiches. All the Servers use different abbreviations and it would be so nice if we had the Best List for everyone to abbreviate sandwiches.. Help... thanks

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Abbreviations for Deli Sandwiches Tue, 07/11/06 3:21 AM (permalink)
    Being a ham operator, and listening to the 'police' scanner, all you hear is abbreviations. Seems half the time they complicate something so simple into too much jargon (Which is why they abbreviated it in the first place to avoid excess jargon). But if your going to go this route on food, as most places do, H for Ham, J for Jalapeno, T for turkey, DLX or DX for Deluxe (lettuce, tomatoe and Mayo), W/E for with everything (ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions), M for Mayo, GL (for get lost, cook hitting on the waitress), ++ for extras, Then there's using the colored picks to designate how the food was prepared so the waitress can figure out what they ordered (Green pick on top for Extra Lettuce, on the side for no lettuce, at a 45 for light... Same goes for brown for the beans, red for meat, double red ones for the tomatoes).. Each place has it's own rules.. And hopefully they pull the pics before they serve the food! Post us your menu, I'm pretty sure you'll get several ideas on how to handle your ordering specs..

bassrocker4u2

• Total Posts: 534
      RE: Abbreviations for Deli Sandwiches Tue, 07/11/06 8:15 AM (permalink)
      perhaps numbers would be better for you and your staff. i used to have a palce with 14 different sandwiches, and they were numbered i still remember some of them, after 10 yrs. #1 uuuhhh what was it again???
      heeheehahaa......too much coffe.e....

just kidding.. 1. ham and salomi
      2. roast beef 3. italian 4. combo 5. ham 6.(cant remember) 7.meatball 8. veggie 9. steak onion and cheese 10. tuna 11 turkey 12steak supreme(with pizza sauce, peppers and onions) 13 chicken parmesian 14. southern sizzler(my creation... steak hamburger sausage, bacon, ham, onions, peppers, three different cheeses)

crazy, how i just cant remembe number 6.....

anyway, the numbers worked great for us, for ten years.

bassrocker4u2

• Total Posts: 534
        RE: Abbreviations for Deli Sandwiches Wed, 07/12/06 8:10 AM (permalink)
        ahhhhh... it took me all day, but now i remember.. number six..... bbq steak!!!!!!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com