Abby's Legendary Pizza of Oregon?

Author
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 183
2004/12/27 03:57:33 (permalink)

Abby's Legendary Pizza of Oregon?

I'm in Oregon for the holidays and have noticed a local chain called "Abby's Legendary Pizza." Is it worth a try? Or is there a better pizza chain in the Northwest?

3 Replies Related Threads

mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Abby's Legendary Pizza of Oregon? 2004/12/28 00:23:45 (permalink)
    Abby's is not worth your time or effort. Pizzicato is gourmet designer Pizza in Porland and I think it is pretty good. Izzy,s is a pizza chain that offers all youcan eat buffets of pizza and, hot food, and salad bars but the food is terrible. O don't really like most of the local chains bit I am fond of a pizza topping combination I have nev er encountered east of the Rockies; Canadian Bacon and fresh tomato slices. I'd be curios to find out what you think of it.
    Saint Matt
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    RE: Abby's Legendary Pizza of Oregon? 2004/12/28 00:55:27 (permalink)
    My parents tell me that Abby's is the most popular pizza place here in Florence, but they have not been there themselves. I'm less excited about trying it now that I've read a couple of reviews. Only three other places in town: Pizza Hut(yuck), Papa Murphy's, and a mom-and-pop place called Paisanos ( www.paisanosdeli.com ).

I have noticed that the pizza joints in the northwest have topping combinations I've not seen anywhere else. I suppose that could be interesting or annoying depending on what you're in the mood for. I did go to an Izzy's once years ago when they still had some locations in Sacramento. The pizza had a pastry-like crust that I enjoyed at the time.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4654
    RE: Abby's Legendary Pizza of Oregon? 2004/12/28 03:21:14 (permalink)
    matt, head north 25 miles to Yachats http://www.yachats.org and enjoy the day, then eat at LaSerre. Florence is not the dining center of Oregon, to be sure. Take your parents up there, and enjoy a good meal. Yachats is our favorite coast town.
    Bill in Southern Oregon
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1