The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4 Tue, 07/24/07 4:41 PM (permalink)
This really is the last bit!

We met up at The Tow Bar Inn for a few pitchers of beer before dinner. Nice place with a lot Yankee memorabilia (but I can overlook that):

The sign outside of our breakfast stop.

After a hearty breakfast at the Muffin Patch.

One of the Muffin Patch's famous sweet rolls. These were criminally good! Lots of chopped nuts, frosting, cinnamon, and soft pastry.

My breakfast of over easy eggs, home fries and ham. The eggs were just right, home fries were soft and seasoned just right and the ham was nice and salty and almost shaved. Piled high it was perfect, bordering on addictive.

All that above and these pancakes for only $7.00. These were really good (although I did prefer Keyes' pancakes). I'm so used to NYC prices that I happily encountered sticker shock at the Muffin Patch.

My girlfriend's Bananas Foster French Toast. Nothing should ever be this good. Ever. After she finished, I let my pancakes do a few laps in the pool of that luscious Foster sauce! Culinary crack is what that was. Sooo good!!

A hearty meal of eggs, bacon and another sweet roll.

My friend rented a Mustang and threw me the keys one morning. Not wanting to be rude, I took it for a drive and was in heaven. I used to own a '87 cherry red hatchback that I loved.

<message edited by billyboy on Thu, 06/17/10 11:58 AM>

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4 Tue, 07/24/07 4:56 PM (permalink)

Billy,

I worked one summer in the late '60's at Long Lake (at a camp there) We would visit the Old Forge area during our time off to "R&R" a bit. Your photo report brought back a lot of fun memories. That's a nice place to spend some Summer time!

tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
      RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4 Tue, 07/24/07 5:48 PM (permalink)
      I am not normally what you call a 'car' guy, but I have to say that is one beautiful car.

desertdog

• Total Posts: 1946
        RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4 Tue, 07/24/07 7:47 PM (permalink)

Great trip report, Billyboy! Looks like you had great weather and some fun folks to hang with. Never been up that way, guess I'll be adding the Adirondacks to my list!

DD

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
          RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4 Tue, 07/24/07 11:27 PM (permalink)
          way to go, Billyboy (in your red 'stang!!)

Why am I suddenly in the mood for pancakes, though?!?!

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
            RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part 4 Wed, 07/25/07 8:09 AM (permalink)
            That's beautiful country but I sure do not miss those winters. Very nice trip report and Pic's David.

Thanks

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com