Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2445
2007/07/24 12:47:50 (permalink)

Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three

We had dinner at The Knotty Pine restaurant right next to our motel. I had been there years ago with my family and really enjoyed it.
I ended my meal this night with a hot fudge brownie sundae that was amazing!

A couple of my friends split a piece of turtle cheesecake that I loved as much as they did.

A King Crab Legs dinner. I inherited a claw and the sweet meat was succulent bathed in drawn butter

A seafood platter consisting of lobster, shrimp, scallops and (cod or halibut).

Chicken Marsala. It looked to me like it was drowning in sauce, but my friend seemed to like it.

I had the Grand Filet (cooked medium) with mushrooms and bacon, topped by two onion rings. It came with steamed carrots and zucchini and a baked potato. It was everything I could have hoped for. The beef didn't require any sauce and was very tender with a nice crust on the outside.

Outside the Knotty Pine.

Me and my big chair. This was one of the things we found walking up and down Main Street.

Outside the Candy Cottage.

What is a Top Hat, you ask?

They looked great, but were okay. I don't know if they made their own marshmallows or not, but the texture felt store bought to me. They did sell some really good Pumpkin fudge as well as a fudge swirled with marshmallow and caramel. My favorite was the cranberry-caramel-pecan patty with dark chocolate. They also sell old-school candies like candy cigarettes, Nik-a-Lips (is that spelled correctly?), Smoothies, Sky bars, etc...

Doug and I with the bears outside one of the many Adirondack themed shops.

Miriam, my girlfriend and I with the bears.

Everyone outside of the Adirondack Accents shop. I really like this photo.

It makes a for a nice day to walk down Main Street and poke in the many shops, grab some lunch or a drink and people watch. I like Adirondack themed art, furniture, but I don't usually buy any of it as I have relatives that make it themselves and prefer to buy it from them. The Adirondacks are a really great place that combines a lot of touristy elements with many activities and places where one can get away from people and back to nature if they wish.
We made it to the Old Forge Hardware store as well. I highly recommend a trip there. It has just about everything you could want. Outdoor gear, home improvement supplies, and lots of cookware (especially Lodge cast-iron), a whole section of locally made canned goods (salsas, chow-chow, and almost anything you can imagine pickled) and a fantastic book section of local authors and books on the history of the region.
post edited by billyboy - 2014/10/29 04:47:43

7 Replies Related Threads

NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3053
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/24 12:58:13 (permalink)
    Hmmmmm....I wonder if there is a Weight Watchers in the area????
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/24 13:14:00 (permalink)
    Thanks for a great report! This sounds like a wonderful weekend getaway to me - it's on the "to do" list. How long did it take you to get there from NYC? Sue
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/24 23:26:05 (permalink)
    Your filet mignon looks good, nice and char-broiled, and an impressive thick piece of meat

When I was in Lake Placid and Lake George a few summers ago, I really enjoyed relaxing in those Adirondack chairs! Looks like you caught on real quick, too!

Love all your group shots!
    ocdreamr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1110
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/25 15:00:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by billyboy

Me and my big chair. This was one of the things we found walking up and down Main Street.

Did you sit on the chair to keep it from walking??
    dannybotz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 357
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/25 15:57:27 (permalink)
    Awesome report billy!! my wife and i also went upstate last weekend we hit a couple of jionts and had a blast!! here are some pics!!

Famous Lunch all this for seven bucks!!!

awesome 3 inch dogs!!

Anthonys nose on lake george

rock climbers on rogers rock (lake george)

Dome island

Saturday night at the Glen drive-in

Funnel cake was excellent . So was the popcorn

Suttons Market near the lake Awesome!! Homemade cider donuts

Homemade Cin-raisin french toast with pure maple syrup!!

Everything made fresh!!

took a bag for the 4 hour drive home!!

to
    dannybotz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 357
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/25 17:34:23 (permalink)
    by the way Suttons market is a fav of everyones favorite!! Racheal Ray! At least in this instance she was right on the money.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Adirondack Mtns Trip Report (with pics)-Part Three 2007/07/30 09:09:20 (permalink)
    Billyboy,
    Didnt ya love Old Forge Hardward?
    I sneeze everytime I went in there.. It is hard to believe there are that many things crammed into it!...
    It is an attraction by itself..
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1