The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Advertising

myway

• Total Posts: 308
Advertising Thu, 06/1/06 2:30 PM (permalink)
Hi,
I had a quick question. I sell my Bests Kosher 8 to 1 hot dogs. Some of the customers wanted a, "Coney Dog". So I have played around with so many different style sauces that it is ridiculous. But the fact is Coney sauce seems to negate the wonderful taste of my hot dogs. So that in mind I went in search of a hot dog that does go hand in hand with Coney sauce. Actually it is a Texas weiner sauce recipe that I decided to use. But people here in Indiana snicker at the use of the word,"weiner", so I might as well call it a Coney. I found this really good quality natural casing hot dog, (Pork, and beef), hardwood smoked, just great. Well this particular dog goes perfectly with the weiner sauce. So the idea of offering a coney using the natural casing hot dog seems to work. However, and here lies the dilema. Should I advertise the fact that it is a natural casing hot dog? I would be the only vendor in the tri county area that serves a natural casing hot dog that I know of. My wife says it is gross. So one part of me says not to say a word and let the product speak for itself. And another part of me says to capitalize on it, as offering a product that no one else has. Still sell the Bests kosher, but these dogs are better suited for a traditional coney. Any thoughts ?

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Advertising Thu, 06/1/06 2:38 PM (permalink)
    Offer them the choice, and explain your reasoning. As for the sauce, you could always call it 'Texas MeatSauce'..

shackburger

• Total Posts: 31
      RE: Advertising Thu, 06/1/06 5:02 PM (permalink)
      If you live in a small town, call your local newspaper, They are looking for stories of local interest. Make a Whale out of this story, Your problems, your EXHAUSTIVE search for answers, Your solution, your unique product, your GREAT results.

Great FREE advertizing!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com