• Total Posts : 308
2004/05/28 03:07:24 (permalink)

All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today

Now what are we going to do.

27 Replies Related Threads

TIPPY LEE
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 135
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 03:18:02 (permalink)
    Just out of curiosity markolenski, why are the Pizza Huts closed today?
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 627
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 03:23:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TIPPY LEE

Just out of curiosity markolenski, why are the Pizza Huts closed today?

It's apparently Good Taste Day in San Diego. Party like it was 1999.
    TIPPY LEE
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 135
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 03:44:57 (permalink)
    Pretty good Wallyum! I live in Eastern Kentucky, and was curious as to why the PH's were closed in San Diego. Is it a state thing, regional, or what?......In the hills getting ready to watch the rest of LOTR-"The Return Of The King"! Gotta have some pickled eggs,colby longhorn cheddar, artichoke hearts(marinated),boiled shrimp, and I'm ready for Gollum! Yeehaw!...Tom B.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 06:10:24 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TIPPY LEE

Pretty good Wallyum! I live in Eastern Kentucky, and was curious as to why the PH's were closed in San Diego. Is it a state thing, regional, or what?......In the hills getting ready to watch the rest of LOTR-"The Return Of The King"! Gotta have some pickled eggs,colby longhorn cheddar, artichoke hearts(marinated),boiled shrimp, and I'm ready for Gollum! Yeehaw!...Tom B.

YOW!!! Don't light a match after that feast or I'll hear about you on the local news tonight, Tom.
    I found an article on Google that mentioned a hefty fine that the S.D. Pizza Holes got slapped with for charging people an "energy tax" on discounted pizzas. Apparently you can't charge for the power you cook them with. Seems like a perfect place to make a fortune in Solar Pizzas, eh? (Although I was never too crazy about Sun Tea.)
    BTW, I'm in Northern Kentucky. I just load up on Cincy chili, Wiedemann Beer, and goetta for special occasions. Potent, but without the eye-watering potential of the pickled egg/artichoke hearts mixture.
    Say "Hey" to Gollum for me.
    markolenski
    Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 17:48:27 (permalink)
    More info
    http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/news/3357400/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- All 62 corporate-owned Pizza Hut restaurants in San Diego County have been ordered to close their doors by upper management, 10News reported.

According to officials at Pizza Hut headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the restaurants have been temporarily closed because of some worker's compensation issue. The owner, RRLW Inc., faces 16 counts of violating California labor laws for operating without worker's compenation insurance, according to 10News. They said as soon as RRLW Inc. can secure the worker's compensation, the restaurants will be reopened.

The district attorney's insurance fraud unit is working with California Labor Commission on the case.

It is required by state law that all businesses have worker's compensation insurance to protect their employees from injury.

Deputy District Attorney Dominic Dugo explained why the charges are so serious.

"It's a serious violation because we believe they have over 1,000 employees, and many of these employees are kids ... they do get injured. With the hot pizza ovens and things like that, you have to have worker's comp insurance to protect your employees.

RRLW Inc., as well as it chief operating officers Michael Kevin Loyd and Jackie Lee Robinson, are set to be arraigned on June 17. Each count carries a maximum of one year in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.

Meanwhile, the district attorney's office is suing RRLW Inc. for allegedly adding an energy surcharge to orders, without telling customers, according to 10News.

There is one independently-owned Pizza Hut in San Diego County. It is located on 306 Broadway in El Cajon
    DanaJ
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 18:17:55 (permalink)
    All the Pizza Huts around here closed down awhile ago. No loss.
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/28 21:46:56 (permalink)
    And I thought maybe a new law was passed eliminating marginal quality pizza.
    Jim Ross
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/29 12:17:34 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ballpark Roadtripper

Is there anyone here that wouldn't prefer American cheese and jarred tomato sauce on a toasted English muffin to Pizza Hut?

As Jay Leno sez, "even bad pizza, is still pizza"
    clemspal
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/30 14:44:12 (permalink)
    re : "All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today"

it's your lucky day , and you didn't even know it
    markolenski
    Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/31 18:54:51 (permalink)
    Bad news all the Pizza Huts have reopened in San Diego.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/05/31 19:09:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by markolenski

Bad news all the Pizza Huts have reopened in San Diego.

Markolenski,
    Just when I thought it was safe to visit....
    Depositionally, Ort. Carlton in Safely-Clear-Across-The-Country Athens, Georgia.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/07/12 04:10:28 (permalink)
    quote:

Is there anyone here that wouldn't prefer American cheese and jarred tomato sauce on a toasted English muffin to Pizza Hut?

This was the recipe that they used when I was in grade school. (Except that they substituted the top or bottom of a hamburger bun for the muffin.) We'd peel the thin layer of cheese off and fling the cheese across the room at the other kids.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4656
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/07/12 12:43:58 (permalink)
    In high school, we used to take our jello and use spoons as a catapult to have the "War of the Tables". If the intended target ducked in time, the jello would stick to the walls, ceiling, and best or worst,(depending on whether you got caught), the lunchroom monitors.
    Kent Daniels
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 38
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 00:38:35 (permalink)
    quote:

Um...me? As a proud resident of the birthplace of Pizza Hut, I must come to their defense. I still miss their long-gone Priazza (sp?) a double-layered pizza stuffed with sausage or spinach/cheese mixture. But of course, I've been known to sneak off to the store to buy a frozen Red Baron for a change of pace, so maybe I shouldn't say anything...
    Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1511
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 04:40:40 (permalink)
    I may get skewered for admitting it..but I love Pizza Hut pizza...what I don't like is everytime I try to order, they try to screw me over either by declaring that my coupons are no good or by trying to charge me alot more than the advertised price..this happens no matter which one I order from.. hubby used to deliver for them... we'd eat pizza for days.. he called it Pizza Slut.
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 955
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 08:41:08 (permalink)
    Jennifer, I too, must admit that I like Pizza Hut. My husband and I ususally order the family meal for 2 which consists of a medium pizza of your choice, 2 salad bars or 2 orders of bread sticks and 2 drinks.
    I think that their creamy italian dressing is some of the best that I have ever eaten. Call be odd or whatever.
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 696
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 08:47:47 (permalink)
    I just find it amazing that pizza hut still comes up with variations on their pizzas. Stuffed crust, breadsticks baked into the crust. Hilarious how they keep trying to cram more caloric garbage into it.

They are running a commercial in Boston these days for the breadstick crust pizza. Comes with two dipping sauces too. One pie must be like 5000 calories. If I am going to eat 5000 calories, it better be a far sight better than the crap Pizza Hut serves.
    rmcielwain
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 618
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 09:51:38 (permalink)

Count me in for Pizza Hut, too. [|)]
    A short walk from my house, and with coupon, a lunch buffet for
    $3.99 (sure, sodas are extra, but it's still less than $6).
    Plus vanilla wafers in the salad bar....
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4614
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 09:57:02 (permalink)
    I love the Big New Yorker.....pretty much nothing else there though
    Jennifer_4
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 12:44:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by renfrew

I just find it amazing that pizza hut still comes up with variations on their pizzas. Stuffed crust, breadsticks baked into the crust. Hilarious how they keep trying to cram more caloric garbage into it.

They are running a commercial in Boston these days for the breadstick crust pizza. Comes with two dipping sauces too. One pie must be like 5000 calories. If I am going to eat 5000 calories, it better be a far sight better than the crap Pizza Hut serves.

You are half right, a large Pepperoni is approximately 2300 calories.
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 13:09:55 (permalink)
    2300 calories huh?

Thats just a regular pizza though. Not a stuffed crust or breadstick twist one. No calulation for a the dipping sauces that come with that pizza or the drinks. Based on what I saw in the commercial it was an extra pepperoni pizza too.

And...there were two of them for about four people.

Pretty close to 5000 I bet!

Jennifer_4
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 13:15:08 (permalink)
    sigh.. the "breadstick" version is just spritzed with an herb mixture, when you remove the "breadstick" part you only have a thing crust left around the edge...it isn't bigger or more fattening, it's just made differently.. and of course the stuffed crust has more calories, it has cheese inside, but I can assure you it isn't 5000 calories for one pizza.. as I said, my husband used to work for pizza hut so I'm familiar with how the pizzas are made. No one is claiming that pizzas are good for you, but please don't exaggerate something if you don't know all the facts. If you don't like somethinig, don't eat it, but there is no need to have such venom for a food product.
    garykg6
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 358
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 14:41:02 (permalink)
    well,if you 'like' pizza hut,thats fine(you go to your church.I'll go to mine)but I worked in NYC for over 20yrs and if word ever got out that I even smelled a slice of PH,a couple of old friends named Big Sal and Jimmy the Hose would certainly find out and cause me to reconsider quite emphatically.....some of this stuff may taste ok but it is NOT pizza,it is a seperate food catagory to which you are all welcome to put a name on it(no,the name you are actually thinking of might get you banned from this site
    Jennifer_4
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/19 15:56:24 (permalink)
    For the record, I like Pizza Hut "pizza" for what it is, I do not like their service, or some of their management tactics, I do not claim that pizza from anywhere is a healthy food, nor do I claim that Pizza Hut serves better pizza than a mom & pop place anywhere in the country.
    Are we clear now?
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/20 11:04:03 (permalink)
    Its more fattening when you dip those breadsticks in the cheese sauce.

You took an angle from a specific type of pizza, as did i. Of course we are going to come up with different numbers.

What started my original point was that PH finds the need for gimmicks to cram more and more stuff into a pizza. they cant leave well enough alone. its not enought to have a crust, they have to stuff cheese in it, or bake breadsticks into it.

Pizza made right is actually decently healthy. Pizza made by PH is not.

Yep, we are clear now.
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/20 11:08:22 (permalink)
    By the way Jennifer_4 congratulations on achieving Double Cheeseburger status!
    Jennifer_4
    RE: All the Pizza Huts in San Diego Closed today 2004/08/20 11:11:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by renfrew

By the way Jennifer_4 congratulations on achieving Double Cheeseburger status!

Thank you! Wish I hadn't spent so many months away though... might be a chili cheeseburger by now!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1