Alternatives to a hot water heater?

Author
eatpayleave
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/09/21 15:27:38 (permalink)

Alternatives to a hot water heater?

I am putting together a food truck myself and I am keeping everything as primitive as possible. My clean water tank is on the roof so it will be a gravity fed system. So far I have not been able to find a hot water heater (tankless, electric, LP, etc.) that is compatible. I need help!

3 Replies Related Threads

chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2016
    Re:Alternatives to a hot water heater? 2013/09/21 15:44:33 (permalink)
    Is Your health dept ok with a gravity system? Most will require a pressurized system.
    Pacmob
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re:Alternatives to a hot water heater? 2013/09/21 19:19:41 (permalink)
    Not to mention the freeze factor.

We never put our fresh tanks on the exterior of trucks for the freeze reason. Grey water we don't care as it has a 1 1/2" pipe and the chances of a full freeze that would result in cracking of a pipe is non existent. Fresh however we run with 1/2" pipe, higher chance of it freezing.

As far as hot water heaters that are gravity fed:

Only ones I have ever seen are the ones I have built. Look at most of the hot dog push carts out there. A lot of them have water heaters. Essentially it is just a stainless compartment just above the sink area with a 2 burner camp style gas stove under it heating the compartment, which then rolls downhill to the sink. Simple but efficient.
    daddywoofdawg
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re:Alternatives to a hot water heater? 2013/09/24 00:06:26 (permalink)
    plus one on what does your HD say about gravity fed?and they will most likely tell you the size tank you can have and maybe how far away from the sink.talk with the HD before you spend a lot of time building to find out you have to tear it all out.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1