Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out??????

Author
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 357
2009/03/24 16:51:41 (permalink)

Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out??????

went to Amazing Hot dog and saw sign that Said "due to unfornunate circumstanses they are now closed!!!!
Maybe I 'm behind the 8 ball on this one but what happened?? It's a shame Matt was a real nice guy

6 Replies Related Threads

bigd
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 47
    Re:Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out?????? 2009/03/24 17:32:05 (permalink)

No one seems to know. The speculation from others seems to say that price and inconsistent product might have done them in. I would add that the location didn't help.
    dannybotz
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out?????? 2009/03/24 18:09:43 (permalink)
    I always thought it was good but the problem with doing that kind of dog with all those different toppings is that first of all keeping product fresh and second is that its not as easy as you think to train people to make all those dogs with just the right amounts and not make them  a mess. It prob was really tough after his partner bailed.  So  they could maintain top quality at all times, Matt would have to be there Open to close almost all the time!
    David_NYC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2164
    Re:Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out?????? 2009/03/24 20:38:23 (permalink)
    John Fox started a thread about the demise of Amazing Hot Dog:
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Amazing-Hot-Dog-to-close-m496157.aspx
    mattj
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out?????? 2009/03/24 20:45:21 (permalink)
    First off I would like to thank everyone for their patronage, and it was my pleasure serving all of you. That being said, the one simple fact that we closed, was the rent was high, and lunch business in the beginning of the week just slowed down to much..weekends were still brisk, just not enough to carry the rest of the week..

I felt our product was consistent, and all our toppings were fresh, and yes I was there most days from open to close, but truth is I liked being there and wouldn't have it any other way. So again thanks to everyone, and it was really special meeting and getting to know you.  You never know when you may see Amazing open again, but not soon that I can tell you. I hope to frequent some other establishments, and hopefully gey on some of these hot dog tours..

Thanks
    Matt

Benzee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1877
    Re:Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out?????? 2009/03/24 21:45:37 (permalink)
    Hello Matt ,

We do hope you can make the next Jersey Hot Dog Tour scheduled for Sept . It was a pleasure having your Amazing Verona location on the tour a few years ago and it was a big hit !!
    Good luck in future endeavors and hope to see Amazing back sometime soon!!

Benzee
    dannybotz
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Amazing Hot Dog Down and Out?????? 2009/03/25 00:11:58 (permalink)
    So sorry to see you go Matt. Thanks for some great dogs and im sure we will see you again soon!! Possibly in a truck??? way less overhead and you would have a following thats for sure!!!We can only hope!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1