American Kobe Burger

Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
2007/05/24 20:10:59 (permalink)

American Kobe Burger

I just had lunch at BLT Burger in NYC. (BLT does not stand for bacon lettuce cheese, but for Bistro Laurent Tourondel). It has a cool website for an, ahem, burger joint: www.bltburger.com

I ordered the ($16) kobe beef burger, which the waiter assured me was from the Pacific Northwest, organic, free range, and the cattle was massaged by hand at least once a day. O yes. And much more affordable than the $62 Japanese kobe burger on the menu.

Well I thought I'd give it a try - but I think the masseur went overboard. It was so "tender" it was like, mushy. And that wierd texture took away from the taste. In the end I preferred my daughter's "regular" burger, a steal at $9.

Does anyone out there have experience with US kobe? Was it any good?

1 Reply Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3945
    RE: American Kobe Burger 2007/05/24 20:53:36 (permalink)
    I took my daughter and her BF to Cisco Burger last weekend, here in Long Beach. Small place, next to West Coast Choppers. Cisco's apparently started when it's owners, Jesse James and Sandra Bullock, decided they wanted a place near the WCC/Monster Garage location. Aha, you say----famous names and mediocre food. That's what I was ready for. But.......
    I've been there several times now. The Kobe beef burger is flavorful and not mushy at all. It's char-broiled and very tasty. The combo, which includes good thin fries and a drink, is only $7.99. Basic burger is $5.00 and a great value IMHO. They automatically ask if you want onions raw or grilled. I don't know if it's the quality of the Kobe beef or just the overall prep, but it was the best tasting burger meat I've ever had.
    I am going to go one morning and try their breakfast too.

http://www.ciscoburger.com/
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1