Hot!And this is why I've stoppped posting trip reports and restaurant reviews

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4220
Re:And this is why I've stoppped posting trip reports and restaurant reviews 2014/02/27 07:36:22 (permalink)
For Heaven's Sake ...

I've been teaching economics for over four decades and have won many teaching awards in the course of that endeavor.  Does every student give me a 'five star' review? 

Good Gracious, no! 

Frankly, I wouldn't be doing my job if every student 'loved me'.

So, WJ, 'nil carborundum illegitimi' !!!
Davebassman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 195
Re:And this is why I've stoppped posting trip reports and restaurant reviews 2014/02/27 12:08:14 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
I've been teaching economics for over four decades and have won many teaching awards in the course of that endeavor. 

Jim, off topic, but: Have you ever encountered Professor Allen Mandlestam?
Texascajun
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 140
Re:And this is why I've stoppped posting trip reports and restaurant reviews 2014/02/27 22:16:07 (permalink)
wanderingjew

Thanks everyone for your support. I consider all of you my roadfood friends.

And a big thank you to Buddyroadhouse specifically who sent me some very encouraging e-mails- I think Buddy missed his calling and should have been a motivational speaker- although his Roadhouse BBQ sauce is no slouch either.

It wasn't the criticism that got me- it was a personal slam for someone who clearly doesn't like me (for no particular reason) There have been at least two restaurant reviews posted since mine that includes photos of "shredded yellow cheese" and it's interesting that we haven't heard a peep from Myterry2
I am surprised that hasn't come to this thread to defend himself, or explain why he had to insult the Sterns and Ayersian in his pm to me. 
I know there are plenty of nuts out there, and sometimes there is no rhyme or reason why some do what they do

I'll be taking my next trip the last weekend in March. Perhaps there will be a trip report.

In the interim I will start  what's been unfinished for 2013- A  very abbreviated best of list....

Great news wanderingjew. Let the negativity roll off like water off a ducks back.
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 465
Re:And this is why I've stoppped posting trip reports and restaurant reviews 2014/03/03 10:14:46 (permalink)
I'm pretty sure that Mexico is a really large country, and in much the same way that certain things that are typical in Rhode Island are radically different in Georgia, a traditional Sonoran meal might be made with very different ingredients when made by a family or business in Milagro or Chihuahua.  The claim "that's not traditional Mexican" is pretty much ridiculous, full stop.  (And this is hardly the first Sonoran-style restaurant in America to possibly change a few ingredients or recipes for middle-American consumption.)

As for your pest, WJ, there are a large number of correct ways to address a perceived error online, and a large number of wrong ways.  Acting like Mr. Internet Tough Guy over some cheese?  Wrong way.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1