Angus Burger at Burger King

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1970
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/29 11:17:11 (permalink)
I was reading yesterday that the Angus burger is not doing well, but BK in general is. Expect the Angus Burger to go away. Expect BK to continue the turnaround. The new private ownership has an excellent track record for turning companies around fast. The CEOs of the operating companies get no time. They show results FAST or they are gone. Angus are great cattle for good tasting beef. I raised them for years. I blame the BK formula for the Angus Burger mess, rather than the beef that they started with. Just my opinion. (and I have not eaten at BK in 6 months)
CarolinaBill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/01/04 14:37:29 (permalink)
Marcbla -

They were using imitation mayonnaise? What the h*ll IS imitation mayonnnaise?

Yuck!
jfre81
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/03 05:11:24 (permalink)
I ate this thing today.

I wish I had my $6 (value meal price) back.

On a lark the other day I went to a Burger King for the first time in several years and just got a Whopper. Unlike my most recent BK experience before that I wasn't picking wilted lettuce off my stale patty - this time, it was all right. I know BK has been changing ownership and management lately so I thought this chain usually better avoided might be working its way back to respectability.

Now this concept of an Angus steak burger had got me intrigued, but I figured this was Burger King and it's probably not going to be as good as it sounds. I finally gave in to curiousity. The "Angus beef" has the consistency of what was passed off as hamburger in school at the cafeteria. It's drenched in what tasted like a cross between A-1 steak sauce and ketchup and covered in greasy, overcooked diced onions. Then the sauce is responsible for soggying up the lower half of the bun to the point it's falling apart. I might have liked the bun more if it didn't taste so much like the "Angus beef." This is a ripoff.

There was a time when, if you were around a BK that was run halfway decently, a 99 cent Whopper might well have been the best burger for a buck in town.

Eating a Whopper for 99 cents is a lot better than eating one for upwards of $2.50, though, and for that money I'm going to Whataburger. Maybe I'll have enough faith to try the spicy chicken sandwich, but I don't know how long it's going to take for me to forgive BK for ripping me off on the "Anus burger."

BK could advertise a burger made from filet mignon that would taste like cardboard. Unless I see Whoppers for 99 cents, I'm going back to avoiding BK. Considering most of them seem to be closing down around here in Texas, it won't be hard. There's always Whataburger, which I'll take over a Whopper anyday if I'm looking at spending more than two bucks.

Bill B.
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 322
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/03 09:37:57 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaBill

Marcbla -

Yuck!

Don't they call it Miracle Whip?
anselmo1
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 126
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 01:55:48 (permalink)
I tried one of these new Angus Burgers and wasn't impressed at all. Is it me or is Burger King one of the worst fast food chains around? Even their rolls are bad!
jeepguy
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 04:10:32 (permalink)
It's not just you.
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 04:27:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jfre81

I don't know how long it's going to take for me to forgive BK for ripping me off on the "Anus burger."

Don't forgive. Forget. As in "Forget Burger King". They've more than earned it.
CarolinaBill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 09:19:37 (permalink)
I must admit that I do like Whoppers, but have not been impressed with any of their new products, which tend to last about 3 weeks. Went to one of their stores the other day in drive through - the usual experience.

1. Can't understand a word over speaker, which leads to:
2. Order totally screwed up - got Whopper Jr instead of regular Whopper, it was cold, left onions on it (and lots of them) when requested without.
3. French fries (which are bad at BK under best of circumstances) cold and limp
4. About 2 chunks of ice in 3/4 full drink
5. No "Hello" or "Thank You" (actually an epidemic of service in this area - Southern hospitality is a myth in Central S.C.)

If I want burger with all the goods on it, am shifting allegiance towards Hardee's - just can't deal with consistently indifferent BK service and quality.
sizz
  • Total Posts : 1685
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 10:24:02 (permalink)
What is Roadfood?
Great regional meals along highways, in small towns and in city neighborhoods. It is sleeves-up food made by cooks, bakers, pitmasters, and sandwich-makers who are America’s culinary folk artists. Roadfood is almost always informal and inexpensive; and the best Roadfood restaurants are colorful places enjoyed by locals (and savvy travelers) for their character as well as their menu.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18357
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 11:23:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Bill B.

quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaBill

Marcbla -

Yuck!

Don't they call it Miracle Whip?

Oh, sure. Start another battle.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7749
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 12:43:29 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by fpczyz

What is Roadfood?
Great regional meals along highways, in small towns and in city neighborhoods. It is sleeves-up food made by cooks, bakers, pitmasters, and sandwich-makers who are America’s culinary folk artists. Roadfood is almost always informal and inexpensive; and the best Roadfood restaurants are colorful places enjoyed by locals (and savvy travelers) for their character as well as their menu.

You Go FPCZYZ! I can't believe this thread is drudging on, and on, and on.......................[|)]
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4561
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/02/04 13:17:28 (permalink)
I can't believe WJ is still reading this thread. I guess he's interested in The Angus Burger at BK. :-)
Sandy Eggo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/09/11 21:34:41 (permalink)
I don't like to say bad things, and I shouldn't. But I saw this thread and I'm having so much fun reading the posts in RoadFood that I had to peek. But I want to share this and flame me if you must, I just don't like Burger King. When I tried them a couple times the places seemed a little dingy and messy. My burger was a smashed gook looking nothing like something I would be proud of serving. How they got so big only God and their stupid advertising agency knows. Must be cult food.
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/09/13 15:33:42 (permalink)
I had a teenage friend when we were in high school who worked there and this was back when they had to wear those awful uniforms. He had to give out those paper crowns when kids came in and he said he had to say "would you like a gift from the magical Burger King?" and the kids would laugh at him. Their uniforms were pretty atrocious.

Andrea
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2005/09/14 00:52:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaB

I had a teenage friend when we were in high school who worked there and this was back when they had to wear those awful uniforms. He had to give out those paper crowns when kids came in and he said he had to say "would you like a gift from the magical Burger King?" and the kids would laugh at him. Their uniforms were pretty atrocious.

Andrea

Wendy's were worse.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1