Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4596
2004/06/23 13:54:49 (permalink)

Angus Burger at Burger King

I tried this today.

It is a bit better than the typical Burger King burger, which I know isn't saying a whole lot, but there is that. With cheese, ran me just shy of 4 bucks.

If you try it, I recommend you ask them to skip the cloyingly-sweet steak sauce as well as the limp, greasy cooked onions, substituting in regular raw onion instead. In that configuration, though, it is still a substandard burger that you'll probably try once and (for the price) never order again.

Now if only an In and Out would open in Cincinnati.....

44 Replies Related Threads

Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1511
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/06/23 14:49:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TJ Jackson

I tried this today.

It is a bit better than the typical Burger King burger, which I know isn't saying a whole lot, but there is that. With cheese, ran me just shy of 4 bucks.

If you try it, I recommend you ask them to skip the cloyingly-sweet steak sauce as well as the limp, greasy cooked onions, substituting in regular raw onion instead. In that configuration, though, it is still a substandard burger that you'll probably try once and (for the price) never order again.

Now if only an In and Out would open in Cincinnati.....

I had it the other day, and I found it completely awful and not even as good as a standard whopper... it tasted like they mixed the meat with breadcrumbs, the consistency was that soft... They can keep it!
    Lucky Bishop
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/06/23 14:57:56 (permalink)
    Yeah, it's pretty nasty. I had buyer's remorse for a Whopper (no tomatoes, no cheese) after a couple of bites. Another problem is the intensely mediocre bun. Fast food places need to realize that the further away they get from the classic basic hamburger bun, the worse the burger is going to be. Remember how gross the Arch Deluxe was?
    fastfoodsnob
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/06/23 17:36:57 (permalink)
    Since advertising has a powerful hold on me, I had been meaning to try the Angus burger when I got some money to burn. Now that I've read these comments, however, I've begun to reconsider that decision. If you haven't tried the spicy chicken sandwich they've offered lately, however, you might want to give it a go. The sauce has a nice kick (even if it causes the lower bun to crumble -- it's applied above and below the chicken), and it's usually offered at the same price as the Angus. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/06/24 19:50:22 (permalink)
    Ha... Perhaps the poster of this message had it right to begin with?

http://planetfeedback.com/sharedLetters/viewLetter/0,2936,0-91-0-0-20-40-fb_date-desc-261597-0,00.html
    chezkatie
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/06/24 20:04:16 (permalink)
    In my humble opinion, Burger King is capable of screwing Kobe beef up!
    buckeye1
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/05 02:56:38 (permalink)
    The BK Angus burger was the most horrible fast food I've tried in a long time! What's with BK? Their fries are atrocious, they don't know what a baguette is (Squishy oval buns do not equal baguettes), and now they screw up the burger.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 627
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/06 02:38:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by buckeye1

The BK Angus burger was the most horrible fast food I've tried in a long time! What's with BK? Their fries are atrocious, they don't know what a baguette is (Squishy oval buns do not equal baguettes), and now they screw up the burger.

They're in crisis from a management and menu standpoint. The new guy at the helm is trying to right old wrongs, but they seem to me to be losing market share too fast for his changes to make a difference. I find it amazing that they could have fallen to these depths in just a few short years. In 1992 a BK Broiler was my idea of a perfect sandwich. Now even my kids turn their noses up at BK.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4636
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/06 02:55:34 (permalink)
    I'll agree with that assessment. Last time we went to the drive up, the 99 cent menu had NOTHING on it worth ordering. My kids told me to keep on driving. They've forgotten how to make a simple burger. Bogged down in chicken sandwiches with flashy names and big price tags. When they still had tacos here in southern oregon, our last order had a square of american(WHOLE!) for the cheese. They couldn't
    even bother to shred it. Bye bye to BK for us.
    Green_Chile
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/06 06:26:17 (permalink)
    My staple for like 3 years were 99 cent Whoppers and it was all good....but never as good as way back in the early-mid eighties when the one and only chicken sandwich they offered was actually worthy of ordering. Haven't had a decent BK sandwich since I had a 99cent menu chicken tenders sandwich one desperate lunch, and they messed up by making it taste quite nice. I am still at a loss that Burger King has failed faster than Mc'ds....was the lesser of 2 evils in my mind.
    Marco
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/13 04:24:26 (permalink)
    I tried it recently. It seemed a little dry, not terrible tasty, and with some icky-awful barbecue sauce on it which completely ruined any flavor that it had.

I don't expect these to be offered by Burger King much longer, they're just plain bad.

On the other hand, Hardee's Thickburgers are excellent.
    marcbla
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 139
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/13 11:31:15 (permalink)
    Yes, it is terrible, but what can you expect from a company who until just recently was using imitation mayonnaise on their sandwiches!
    RockyB
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/16 11:13:37 (permalink)
    Like many of you, I decided to try the Angus Burger, and what a mistake! It's horrible!! I remember 30 years ago driving from my hometown of Owego, NY up to Syracuse because they had a Burger King!! We loved the flame-grilled burgers. According to my teen palate MUCH better than Mc D's! But now, BK is just AWFUL no matter what they're attempting to serve.
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/16 11:56:18 (permalink)
    Glad to see these comments. You all saved me from a trip to the local Burger King to try this new burger. Sounds like they should have dropped the "g" from Angus Burger.

Personally, about the only fast food sandwich I enjoy is the spicy chicken at Wendy's. I usually get the chili with it for a side. My favorite burger is a thick patty of meat, sprinkled with some Canadian Steak seasoning on both sides and grilled by me, served on a toasted bun with a slice of raw onion and some Dinosaur BBQ sauce.
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/16 11:57:48 (permalink)
    Oops, I said Canadian Steak seasoning. I think it's actually called Montreal seasoning.
    Route 11
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 755
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/28 17:11:32 (permalink)
    I agree these burgers are a mistake. But, Burger King has Icees, cherry lime Icees! Whooopeeee!

Don't get the fries, get the o-rings with the dipping sauce.

BK is the cleanest fast food place we have. So even though I might not like the burgers, at least my food poisoning risk will be low. I try to get the chicken club without mayo, but I think they've discontinued that sammich.
    DeeKay
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/29 01:36:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

Yeah, it's pretty nasty. I had buyer's remorse for a Whopper (no tomatoes, no cheese) after a couple of bites. Another problem is the intensely mediocre bun. Fast food places need to realize that the further away they get from the classic basic hamburger bun, the worse the burger is going to be. Remember how gross the Arch Deluxe was?

I have to agree: BK's Angus Burger sucks. Have you seen the tasty-looking angus burger on the commercial? It has lettuce, tomato, bacon, looks really nice. Obviously, it was either a plastic prop, or someone who doesn't work for Burger King made it. The burger I got was devoid of lettuce or tomato. Just some sad, tasteless, pre-made, pre-formed patty with some nasty onion that didn't make the scrap bin. The sauce was so smoky I couldn't taste anything else, not that I wanted to. If I want an Angus Burger, I'll go to Hardee's.
    long dog
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 295
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/07/29 20:24:48 (permalink)
    After reading the posts, I decided to try one last week.

I have one question:
    What is that sauce supposed to taste like?

My god, that's awful!
    bubba shrimp
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/08/09 20:35:00 (permalink)
    I just had to sign up for this forum so I could tell you how bad the Angus (-g -- thanks berndog) was. About one bite into the thing I realized I had made a horrible mistake. The only thing I could taste was the yucky onions and the nasty BBQ sauce. I scraped them off and then I couldn't taste any flavor at all. I got rid of the wilted lettuce and the the sorry bun and finally just ate the meat, which was still not good. It must have been half filler. I think they need to spend less on advertising and a lot more on quality.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/08/09 21:55:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by fastfoodsnob

Since advertising has a powerful hold on me, I had been meaning to try the Angus burger when I got some money to burn. Now that I've read these comments, however, I've begun to reconsider that decision. If you haven't tried the spicy chicken sandwich they've offered lately, however, you might want to give it a go. The sauce has a nice kick (even if it causes the lower bun to crumble -- it's applied above and below the chicken), and it's usually offered at the same price as the Angus. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

Ahhh... I take "over" advertising a different way! Something crappy with an extremely high profit margin they want to push for a month or two to make their profits! In my book, play the ad once or twice and word of mouth will sell the rest... But anytime they repeat the ad over and over again I know to stay away... Compare this comment to a product advertised today, then come back in six months... More then less likely, product will be either scarce or non existant!
    Grampy
    • Total Posts : 1559
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/08/09 22:49:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by berndog

Glad to see these comments. You all saved me from a trip to the local Burger King to try this new burger. Sounds like they should have dropped the "g" from Angus Burger.

Heh, heh. Kudos to you, Berndog! "Back bacon" is next on the burgers.
    John Fox
    • Total Posts : 2339
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/08/10 06:17:28 (permalink)
    On may way to work early one morning a few months ago I drove past a Burger King. On the marquee were the words "Try our new Angus Burger." During the night someone removed the g from Angus and pushed the remaining letters together. I wished that I had a camera. The picture could have ended up on Leno.
    Rick F.
    • Total Posts : 1736
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/08/10 09:42:35 (permalink)
    I have never had anything fully satisfactory from BK except their Icees. But, Route 11, cleanliness? I stopped to eat at one in MS and saw a kid with a mop bucket come out of a restroom and set the bucket on a table while he chatted with another employee! I'm not even sure he wiped the table afterward.
    avk2
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/21 01:00:49 (permalink)
    a really bad burger, the Mclean Deluxe was better!
    BK: rings OK
    fries so-so
    Shakes very good\excellent
    regular burgers still good but not all made fresh!
    new crispy chicken sandwich-pictured
    like Wendys excellent chicken club,
    but nothing like it-yecch
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/21 08:53:17 (permalink)
    Not a single person here admits to likeing BK's food so i ask---WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU ALL DOING THERE
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7911
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/21 09:37:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by avk2

a really bad burger, the Mclean Deluxe was better!
    BK: rings OK
    fries so-so
    Shakes very good\excellent
    regular burgers still good but not all made fresh!
    new crispy chicken sandwich-pictured
    like Wendys excellent chicken club,
    but nothing like it-yecch

[|)]" />
    tamandmik
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 949
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/21 10:13:01 (permalink)
    When I used to eat at Burger King (about 10 + years ago, before I bought Jane and Michael's first Roadfood book) the one thing I remember about their burgers was the peculiar, horrific after taste they contained. Keep in mind, I was in my 20s at the time, and my stomach is pretty strong. There is absolutely no way now I could ever eat their burgers, yet alone anything else. When you have a staff of employees that have absolutely no pride in what they sell, and the managers report to branch or regional managers with no stake or pride as to how the product is being served, you have all the barometers for a place you want no part of.
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4596
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/21 10:15:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

Not a single person here admits to likeing BK's food so i ask---WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU ALL DOING THERE
    Good to warn people away from things as well :-)
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/22 00:06:51 (permalink)
    Angus Burger was horrible. Was there to get a spongebob watch for my son and I bought into the hype. I regret it.
    jerseygirl127
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Angus Burger at Burger King 2004/12/29 07:12:24 (permalink)
    ok.. i know i'm in a minority here on this thread but-- i like the angus burgers....... call me crazy i know..
    but - isn't that what makes the world go round? everyone with different tastes.. (and opinions) i mean -- if everyone liked the SAME things and thought the SAME things-- this would be a pretty boring place..

:)
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1