Another.... Can you believe the nerve?

Author
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7840
2012/01/11 14:46:52 (permalink)

Another.... Can you believe the nerve?

My brother told me this over the weekend.  It didn't happen recently but had a fairly recent follow-up.

There is a well known restaurant on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu that I used to go to many years ago and my brother went to frequently.

The last time he and his wife went there they ordered the two 6 ounce lobster tails.  The waiter told them that they had an evening special of one 14 ounce tail at $2.00 less than the two 6 ouncers.

My brother told the waiter, no... he'd like the two 6 ounce lobster tails.  He didn't want the older, tougher tail that probably cost them a lot less.  He wanted what he wanted.

The waiter continued many times to try to get him to change his order and my brother held his ground.

When the dinners came to the table what they each received was a 14 ounce tail cut into two pieces. 

At that time my brother didn't want to fight, ate it and steamed all the way home.

The next day he wrote the manager and owner of the restaurant a letter spelling out what happened and his displeasure with a restaurant he frequented.

Nothing is what he heard in response.

Many months later the owner of that restaurant walks in to my brother's store to buy a barbecue grill.  It's to be delivered to Malibu which usually has a $100 delivery fee.  A round trip drive to Malibu can take four hours or more in the summer which this was.

My brother retold the story to the owner and offered a free delivery in exchange for a dinner for he and his wife.  The owner said it was a deal and they'd get a gift certificate when the grill was delivered.

Grill delivered.... no gift certificate.

My brother called the owner and they said.....  THEY NEVER SAID ANY SUCH THING!

Now that is nerve!  We will never go back to that place and hopefully all friends of ours will follow suit.

4 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18362
    Re:Another.... Can you believe the nerve? 2012/01/11 17:04:55 (permalink)
    Oh, that's perfect. What a shlub. It goes along with the lobster tail scam.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Another.... Can you believe the nerve? 2012/01/11 17:46:20 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

That Lobster Tail scam started in Nigeria, years ago. Some guy who is a Prince........

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Another.... Can you believe the nerve? 2012/01/11 17:50:33 (permalink)
    Mar, your story merely underlines why the guy owns a Restaurant in MALIBU! He a S...head!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18362
    Re:Another.... Can you believe the nerve? 2012/01/11 17:54:47 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

That Lobster Tail scam started in Nigeria, years ago. Some guy who is a Prince........

When we lived in the Virgin Islands we knew La Marquesa del Bouston. She was married to King Freddie of Nigeria. She was special. She invented the Cockshot. She couldn't find the beef broth when someone ordered a bullshot at Papagallo, so she used chicken broth. Thus, the Cockshot.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1