Another Food truck build NC

Author
nightmarejr
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2013/12/29 21:29:35 (permalink)

Another Food truck build NC

Hopefully once i reach the 30 posts i can start putting up pictures but for now I have a few questions.

The guys running those step vans, where did you guys decide to mount it if there's no real particular room under the truck? I managed to pick up the smarter tools 7500 continuous ( GP9500EB) for around 350$ which I believed was too good to pass up. I'm thinking front of the truck  with some square tube steel. Nothing to really cover the generator from weather.

Another question is the propane. Do you guys run yours regulated from the start or go with one near the appliances? I have the water heater towards the front passenger side which comes out to about 20 feet or so with all the routing of pipes and the main 3/4inch pipe is going to be about 8-9 feet total. The Charbroiler was calling for the incoming to be something of around 10wc 1/2inch.

Last question and probably more important is.. I saw these tube shelf things awhile back on the forum and some guy was using it to keep his equipment tables from moving. It looks something similar to the hanger rack with the large 2 inch dowel that you see in your closets if you look near the edges that holds the actual piece of wood up.  

2 Replies Related Threads

Rcoy
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re:Another Food truck build NC 2013/12/29 22:55:30 (permalink)
    nightmarejr

Hopefully once i reach the 30 posts i can start putting up pictures but for now I have a few questions.

The guys running those step vans, where did you guys decide to mount it if there's no real particular room under the truck? I managed to pick up the smarter tools 7500 continuous ( GP9500EB) for around 350$ which I believed was too good to pass up. I'm thinking front of the truck  with some square tube steel. Nothing to really cover the generator from weather.

Another question is the propane. Do you guys run yours regulated from the start or go with one near the appliances? I have the water heater towards the front passenger side which comes out to about 20 feet or so with all the routing of pipes and the main 3/4inch pipe is going to be about 8-9 feet total. The Charbroiler was calling for the incoming to be something of around 10wc 1/2inch.

Last question and probably more important is.. I saw these tube shelf things awhile back on the forum and some guy was using it to keep his equipment tables from moving. It looks something similar to the hanger rack with the large 2 inch dowel that you see in your closets if you look near the edges that holds the actual piece of wood up.  

You need to regulate the propane at the tank, but there are 2 stages, I have mine regulated to 5 psi @ the tank, then a 11wc regulator back by the appliances. Any big box store will have the pipe flanges to put your equipment legs in to secure them.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_3...oduct_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

There are 50 threads about generators. google "roadfood generator" I have a diesel genset in a box under my bus.
    nightmarejr
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Another Food truck build NC 2013/12/30 00:36:39 (permalink)
    Ah, thanks for the link. Yeah, there's quite a few threads on generators and most of the ones ive seen are under so far. I'd ideally want mine to be sound insulated somehow which is why i personally considered mounting mine in the front. (heat+sound box of some sort and easy to fill.)

Another note. Just got my hoodmart concession hood and the quality seems decent for the price. Mine came missing with some mounting hardware screws and what not but it's not like i was going to use them anyway. For those curious the hoodmart Fan since the link on their site doesn't work.

HMEX-20D
    Single Phase 115 volt @5.8 amps 1/4 horse power.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1