The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA.

ROHfan

• Total Posts: 89
Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Fri, 07/26/13 9:33 PM (permalink)
We're going there tomorrow morning, staying until Tuesday. Just a quick trip to get away and do some zip-lining, shooting, maybe some horseback. Down-and dirty Roadfood. Any variety of food will do, as long as it's meat. And oh yeah, my daughter loves pancakes. Any suggestions in that area? Thanks!

Bill

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
    Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Fri, 07/26/13 9:49 PM (permalink)
    Beaver House.  But that was 20 years ago.

brookquarry

• Total Posts: 277
      Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Sat, 07/27/13 6:40 AM (permalink)
      Beaver House was torn down years ago. There is now a Ruby Tuesdays there.
      Not a lot of Roadfood in the Poconos.
       For Breakfast, we like Comptons Pancake house in the middle of Stroudsburg on Park Ave. My wife likes their bananna walnut pancakes. I like their buckwheat. Very good home fries(be sure to ask for onion in the home fries)
       The best diner is Snydersville Diner in Snydersville. They are known for their Roast Beef. Their Sunday special of Chicken and Waffles(the Pa Dutch, roast chicken kind-not the soul food fried chicken version) is excellant comfort food.
      Olgas kitchen on 611 north of Stroudsburg is very good greek food.
      <message edited by brookquarry on Sat, 07/27/13 7:18 AM>

brookquarry

Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Sat, 07/27/13 6:41 AM (permalink)
        Momentos Pizza, on 611 near Olgas kitchen is also good.
        <message edited by brookquarry on Sat, 07/27/13 7:26 AM>

mousec

• Total Posts: 298
          Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Sat, 07/27/13 2:44 PM (permalink)
          On a recent trip back from NYC we stopped at Tickle My Pig BBQ in East Stroudsburg. Food was very good...my only complaint was that due to the heat they had a limited menu, kitchen didn't have a/c.
          My wife had the Messy Bessy which is a combo sandwich of pulled pork and brisket. I had the jerk chicken sandwich. Everything was ala carte, we ordered a side of fries. They were of the batter variety and came very well seasoned (some type of homemade season salt).
          While not a destination stop I would give it a try if you are in the area. 
          http://ticklemypigbbq.com/
          http://www.yelp.com/biz/tickle-my-pig-bbq-inc-east-stroudsburg

ROHfan

Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Sun, 07/28/13 6:27 PM (permalink)
            So, we're here in East Stroudsburg and I just wanted to leave a note saying thanks to those who responded, especially brookquarry whose recommendation we chose. The roast beef sandwich with mash and tons of gravy was amazing at Snydersville Family Diner! Didn't think I would finish it, but I did...along with my son's unfinished chicken fried steak which was a little salty and somewhat "processed" like. The wife, for some reason, chose a turkey club. When I asked she said it tasted like a turkey club. Not too adventurous, the ole ball and chain! :)  Oh, and daughter had pancakes, eggs, corned beef hash (canned, but grilled nicely) and home fries. That stuff was all good.

We may try Olga's tomorrow. Will report back tomorrow night!

We're staying at the Budget Inn off Exit 308 and the breakfast buffet was actually really good! Everything tasted homemade and the hoppers kept getting refilled with fresh items.

Big Frank

• Total Posts: 134
              Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Mon, 07/29/13 11:22 AM (permalink)
              I used to love the Beaver House when I lived in Stroudsburg, too bad its gone. There was also a little Hot Dog shop by the Arby's and Dunkin Donuts across from the mall. I suppose it is gone too.

I'm glad the Snydersville Family Diner is open and is still serving good food. My next door neighbor was a waitress there.

brookquarry

Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Mon, 07/29/13 3:00 PM (permalink)
                Big Frank I can barely remember the hot dog place. Long gone. That stretch of 611 is mostly chains now (Neds on Ninth is still there).

ROHfan

Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Tue, 07/30/13 7:15 PM (permalink)
                  So we're back from our trip. We did some cool stuff including shooting some guns, horseback riding, race car driving, zip lining, and eating. We kept the trip cheap so we hit Arby's a few times. The only other place worth noting, besides Snydersville Family Diner, was Goomba's New York Pizza on Main Street in Stroudsburg. I know, pizza in PA gets a bad rap, rightfully so, but the pie and calzone we had at Goombas was not bad! If we were at any pizza place on Long Island I would have probably described the food as a solid "meh."  What sets this place apart is that this pizza actually tastes like New York pizza while every other place we've ever tried in PA ran the gamut from bad to horrible. Maybe we tried the wrong places! 

brookquarry

Re:Another last minute request. Roadfood in East Stroudsburg, PA. Wed, 07/31/13 4:46 PM (permalink)
                    Glad you had a good trip and enjoyed Snydersville Diner.
                    Never tried Goombas, we will have to check it out (there are a lot of places in this area that claim to have 'New York pizza" and almost all of them fall short
                    Can I assume you were not impressed by Olgas?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com