Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Barbeque barn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 187
Lee Weenies
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 54
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/21 20:29:34 (permalink)
schmelly,
               Doing mine from scratch also...new 8.5x16 Stealth Liberty..you can PM me if you need I will tell you if I bought it yet and where I got it... Home depot couldn't do the windows I wanted in tempered glass...are yours tempered? Found aluminum cabinets in South Dakota..best price I could find. Talked with NH ...HD the other day because IM looking for a 10-12 cu ft NSF refrig with freezer...not available. FREEZER DOESN'T have to be NSF approved but that really doesn't help unless you are using two units 1- freezer 1- refrig
     100 amp service & I have got 10 circuits in mine ..so far.... one of which is a 220v 30 amp plug. Doing camera's and cable also...trying to do lights in LED's not finding what I want just yet..
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 185
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/24 13:47:29 (permalink)
Lee Weenies

schmelly,
              Doing mine from scratch also...new 8.5x16 Stealth Liberty..you can PM me if you need I will tell you if I bought it yet and where I got it... Home depot couldn't do the windows I wanted in tempered glass...are yours tempered? Found aluminum cabinets in South Dakota..best price I could find. Talked with NH ...HD the other day because IM looking for a 10-12 cu ft NSF refrig with freezer...not available. FREEZER DOESN'T have to be NSF approved but that really doesn't help unless you are using two units 1- freezer 1- refrig
    100 amp service & I have got 10 circuits in mine ..so far.... one of which is a 220v 30 amp plug. Doing camera's and cable also...trying to do lights in LED's not finding what I want just yet..

No I don't think my windows are tempered....We are trying to keep things on a budget here..We got our windows at home depot...they were very reasonably priced....I will post pics soon I have one of them installed already....

I haven;t gotten to the electrical part yet...I know the outlets are daisy chained though...grrrr...I may run some new ones....

Nice to see someone else from NH here...Keep in touch...

Schmelly
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/25 17:29:04 (permalink)
Ok trying again to upload more pics...I know this forum is finicky so bare with me....
That entire grey panel was sanded down to bare metal....

Also painted the rims black...thought the red rims made it look like a carnival ride

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/25 17:34:38 (permalink)
It stinks my compressor can't keep up too well with my autobody tools....So it's sand or grind for a while then wait for compressor to fill again...I did buy a ryobi angle grinder at the depot...It works awesome for 40 bucks...I grinded down some welds no problem, and grinded the screws off that held the roof vents on.....
I then patched the two holes in the roof....Also have one window in....

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/25 17:36:04 (permalink)
Pics of the window from the outside....

PurpleCheetah
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 151
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/26 15:25:32 (permalink)
Do you think one of those ryobi grinder's will work grinding rivets? and if so how long on like a little smaller than a dime size one? ( rivet that is)
reese77
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 508
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/26 21:05:50 (permalink)
Nice. Keep the pic coming.
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/26 21:46:56 (permalink)
PurpleCheetah

Do you think one of those ryobi grinder's will work grinding rivets? and if so how long on like a little smaller than a dime size one? ( rivet that is)

Cheetah,
   Without a doubt it would take care of a rivet in no time at all.....This is a good tool....I used to do autobody and I have used professional angle grinders....This is an excellent grinder for the money...Does a really good job...It does run a little hot but just take small breaks here and there and you are fine....

One nice thing is that it comes with a wire wheel that is tough too, one grinding disc which I burned through pretty fast - however I was grinding angle iron and welds, it came with an odd round sandpaper step type disc, and it also came with some kind of abrasive pad that says it wors on rust, paint, etc.

It also has an ergonomically designed handle that allows you to rotate the trigger...On top of all this it comes with a 2 year manufactures warranty...Depot offers 2 or 3 extended warranty for 6 bucks. Hope this helps ya.
BackAlleyBurger
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1077
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/27 07:38:24 (permalink)
i would drill out the rivets, that way your not taking the chance of carving grooves into the body when you get down to the base of the head....
just take a 3/16 drill bit, a cheap one is fine, these are soft aluminum rivets, and drill into the center of it straight thrue down the shaft of the rivet, might be 1/4 though, just size to drill bit to the diameter of the rivet shaft, will knock them out in short order and not cause any body damage....

i feel a picture in the works !...BRB!
BackAlleyBurger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/27 08:14:53 (permalink)
here ya go, hope this helps ! :)

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/27 13:03:51 (permalink)
More pics...Got the second window in....Here are some close ups of how I attached the frame...I counter sunk the bolts into the frame....I used a nice handy circular bit that I got at the depot - works great.....
   Also found that the electrical outlets were installed by drilling holes in the steel supports...the lines were then run through the holes.....I found this frayed wire as a result.....
        So I think I am going to run new electrical outlets....and do something to prevent this in the future...I am thinking 'Great Stuff" in the holes to protect the wires, or maybe buy eletrical wire in that metal casing....
           I'll also try to homerun as many outlets as possible....

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/30 12:14:53 (permalink)
Hey guys back again....More pics.....

First pic is of the exhaust fan I got....The guy said that it was installed horizontally....I will be installing it on my roof vertically he said that will be no problem ? Is that true ? Seems like water can get in the exhaust cannister itself but due to the way it's built it would run out the bottom and onto the roof......

Also found this hairy looking spider in one of the windows....Not sure if it is native to New Hampshire - we have all kinds of weird bugs here, or if it was shipped with the window....

Lastly I thought I would show you guys one of my feature dogs.....It's called a Ukranian Dog....Goes with my heritage...My Great Grandma and Grandma did this minus the dog....It's fried onion and sour kraut together....I also fry up a Pierogi then cut it into strips....Put Pierogi, onion & sour kraut on dog, and then top with sour cream....This pierogi had potato and cheddar for filling...Delicious.....

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/30 12:16:33 (permalink)
Spider and Hot Dog pics....

Warpig
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/30 12:43:35 (permalink)
Nothing says "MmmMmm Hot dog" like a Wolf Spider overlooking you.
reese77
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/08/30 16:48:03 (permalink)
Damn....that spider is creeping me out....

You could mount the exhaust horizontally and paint it to look like the end of a hot dog and fabricate the the other end of the dog coming out of the front....
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/02 09:48:42 (permalink)
Well, the pressure is on now boys....The guy who installs fir suppression stuff is wicked busy....I have an appointment with him one week from today...Actualyl have to drop it off either next fri or sat.....

The thing is the trailer has to be finished.....So I got to get working big time now....
I still have to do floor, ceilings, walls, electric, finish the roof, install all appliances, and finish sanding and painting...

I still have to find a freezer, mini fridge, microwave, deep fryer, etc.....

Going to be a crazy week ! I'll try and and pics as I go ! 
PurpleCheetah
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 151
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/03 23:22:56 (permalink)
BackAlleyBurger

here ya go, hope this helps ! :)

Thanks for the pic BAB, I need to post a pick of my rivet to show you what I mean my truck was formally a cintas linen truck and it had the bars running across it ( to hold clothes) that I had to unbolt but the bracket that held the bars up are what is secured by the rivet I tried the drill out technique and it took me quite a while just to get through 3 of them and it got doggie dog as hot here the last 2 days so couldn't really go out to work on it again. I'll post a pic of the rivet in the morn to show you what I mean.
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/05 08:29:36 (permalink)
I didnt know they had wolf spiders in N.H. ??
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/07 22:34:07 (permalink)
Apparently they do Buck among the many other strange insects...

Well I have the sub floor down....I also have tested the existing electric....Found some bad outlets and shorts - fixed them, and ran some new outlets....If my math is correct I should have 20 available electric receptacles in there (10 jacks total)....Still debating on whether to go propane or electric for the fryer....I will have a 20 amp outlet there if the need arises...Next up are the walls...insulating them and then plywood....
I also am building a custom cabinet thingie and counter top.....I am not the best carpenter so have mercy on me...

We also are going to cover the walls in that white fiber board from the depot....

I'll have some more pics at some point....
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/08 21:57:44 (permalink)
Here are some pics of the old floor coming up...Looks like that particle board stuff was used...There was a lot of moisture in it....This trailer leaked like a sieve when we got it....The roof has it's first coating of tar on it, and all leaks have stopped there....We also siliconed around the windows and some other places....It appears that the trailer is now waterproof !

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/08 22:00:46 (permalink)
We now have the new sub floor in....I'll snap some pics of that tomorrow....I'll also snap some of the roof in it's current condition.....

The plan tomorrow is to insulate the walls, and then cover the walls with at least the base 3/8" plywood...That's if my back can hold up...I'm icing it down too....How long do you guys think it will take me to get health insurance so I can fix my back ? 
reese77
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/08 22:13:03 (permalink)
Schmelly

We now have the new sub floor in....I'll snap some pics of that tomorrow....I'll also snap some of the roof in it's current condition.....

The plan tomorrow is to insulate the walls, and then cover the walls with at least the base 3/8" plywood...That's if my back can hold up...I'm icing it down too....How long do you guys think it will take me to get health insurance so I can fix my back ? 

You should spay the walls with some of that black instant seal stuff from the infomercials before you insulate, it looks like you might have some rust cracks.

Nice windows, looks good. Are you going to put light under the awnings?
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/09 11:14:48 (permalink)
reese77

Schmelly

You should spay the walls with some of that black instant seal stuff from the infomercials before you insulate, it looks like you might have some rust cracks.

Nice windows, looks good. Are you going to put light under the awnings?

I'm going to put a white rope light around the bottom of our serving awning

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/10 00:11:18 (permalink)
Well I had the code enforcement officer come by today...He didn't like some things with the electric, so he pointed out what needed to be done to get up to code...One of them was getting rid of the old electric box...

It's a small world however....Turns out he only lives  a few houses away from me.....He said he had a new panel for me....He ended up going home and coming back with a brand new breaker box for me.....

Here's some updated pics.....Getting closer....Supposedly the hood, fan, and fire suppression is getting installed this weekend...we'll see.....

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/10 00:15:23 (permalink)
And yet a few more pics....

Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/10 00:19:24 (permalink)
Late night for us tonight...We worked till 11:30.....

Also since alot of the interior of the trailer is going to be black and white....

-black ceiling, black cabinet, white walls, white freezer, white counter top, black & white checkered floor.....

We are thinking of painting the exterior black and white, instead of going light and dark blue....Kind of ties the whole thing together giving it more of a retro/diner type look we think.....
post edited by Schmelly - 2011/09/10 00:20:49
BackAlleyBurger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/11 13:50:44 (permalink)
do a border of 4" black and red "tiles" (paint), about 1/3rd of the way down over 8"  black and white "tiles" (again paint) with a small blue line (maybe 1 or 2 inches) separating them, and above the 4" black and red do a pearl silver (again with blue line separating them) and that thing will be the talk of the town.... and welcome (fits in) everywhere from car shows to the race track to city streets....
do your signage in a faux neon (or maybe real neon) and it will be an instant classic i think !

the silver up top will also help with heat reflection from the sun
post edited by BackAlleyBurger - 2011/09/11 13:52:02
Schmelly
Cheeseburger
Re:Another new trailer build.... 2011/09/13 12:52:44 (permalink)
thanks for your ideas bab...

But before I get to painting I have to remove the back custom window I installed...Fire chief said the window is a No-Go and has to come out.....

On top of that the 2x4's will be coming out on the rear wall along with the insulation and fire proof dry wall I put up....basically tearing the back wall to nothing again....FUN STUFF...

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1