Any Yankee fans out there

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 13
Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6315
2009/10/04 21:07:40 (permalink)

Any Yankee fans out there

Yankee fans,,let's celebrate a record breaking season...a success for a great new stadium ...and a return to the playoffs......Non Yankee fans need not reply...this is just for the countless ,millions and millions around the world who cherish the interlocked N and Y.

363 Replies Related Threads

1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4636
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/04 21:18:19 (permalink)
    like rooting for the death star.
    post edited by bill voss - 2009/10/04 22:13:45
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/04 21:23:05 (permalink)
    leethebard

who cherish the interlocked N and Y.

This one?

Bad year, I'd prefer not to discuss it 
    saps
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1564
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/04 21:32:20 (permalink)
    leethebard

Yankee fans,,let's celebrate a record breaking season...a success for a great new stadium ...and a return to the playoffs......Non Yankee fans need not reply...this is just for the countless ,millions and millions around the world who cherish the interlocked N and Y.

Success as defined by the countless millions and millions more spent on payroll than any other team.

leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 07:36:11 (permalink)
    Tony Bad

leethebard

This one?

Wasn't that stolen from the old New York Giants????
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 07:40:08 (permalink)
    saps

leethebard

Success as defined by the countless millions and millions more spent on payroll than any other team.

Duh...money spending is a big part of all sports...look how much the Dallas Cowboys spent on a palace to play in....yes it's a business....and many play to win...Other teams have gigantic payrolls...but NONE in professional sports have the history,tradition or pride the Yankees have.....and many still consistantly lose....Whatever happens to them in the playoffs,this was one of the GREAT Yankee teams!!!!
    cavandre
    • Total Posts : 1630
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 08:19:00 (permalink)
    leethebard

Tony Bad

leethebard

This one?

Wasn't that stolen from the old New York Giants????

Indeed it was...Mets colors are Brooklyn Dodgers blue & NY Giants gold.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6396
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 09:38:09 (permalink)
    I'd rather lose and be a Cubs fan than be a Yankees fan. That's an ingrained trait dating back to the great Ernie Banks for me. 

Actually I am a Minnesota Twins fan. We get to watch real baseball where a team scrappily fights back into contention with a team boasting a hometown developed hero and batting champion (Joe Mauer) payroll budget less than A-Rod's. I hope the Twins go on Tuesday, beat Detroit and then take on the Yankees in the Metrodome's last hurrah. The noise will be deafening if that happens.
    cavandre
    • Total Posts : 1630
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 11:32:35 (permalink)
    Davydd

Actually I am a Minnesota Twins fan. We get to watch real baseball... 

You can't play real baseball indoors.

Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2983
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 11:45:53 (permalink)
    I was born a Pirates fan, and I will be a Pirates fan to the day I die. It doesn't matter what the ownership does to the team. I'm a fan of the idea, of the colors, of the team; not of the ownership. If it is a bunch of lousy young guys, then I hope that the lousy young guys win, every night. If they don't, well, that's why there's another game tomorrow. If they end the season with 99 losses, well, that's why there's a 2010 season.

And that's what it means to be a fan. I was a fan when they were good; I'll be a fan now, too.

My bona fides: my brother and I are in the Pirate's 100th Anniversary Yearbook. That's me, right behind Willie's hand, and Jim front and center. You gotta go to a lot of games to improve your chances of getting in a shot like that; we went to about 65 games in '77, and about 50 in '78, including every playoff and World Series game in Pittsburgh.

post edited by Mosca - 2009/10/05 11:47:40
    Fieldthistle
    • Total Posts : 1948
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 11:54:33 (permalink)
    Hello All,
    I admire and resent the Yankees. 
    I am a Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians fan.
    There is no hope for me.
    I love the Minnesota and Detroit playoff situation.
    Baseball needs that type of drama.
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 14:33:08 (permalink)
    It's a family tradition to hate the Yankees.  One niece married
    a Chank-ee fan and has been drummed out of the clan.

They have proved, over the years, that rich or poor it is great
    to have money----and the more the better.
    saps
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 15:31:35 (permalink)
    leethebard

saps

leethebard

Duh...money spending is a big part of all sports...look how much the Dallas Cowboys spent on a palace to play in....yes it's a business....and many play to win...Other teams have gigantic payrolls...but NONE in professional sports have the history,tradition or pride the Yankees have.....and many still consistantly lose....Whatever happens to them in the playoffs,this was one of the GREAT Yankee teams!!!!

If we were talking about outspending the next time consistently by a few million dollars, that would be one thing, but over the past 5 years, the Yankees have annually outspent the next closest team by a cumulative amount of $328 million, which is an average of 49% per year.  That's a huge disparity.

leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 17:47:17 (permalink)
    Ya know,I can watch my DVD set of Yankeography over and over and relive almost 100 years of great sport's history...famous names...famous moments ingrained in sports history...Ruth...Gerhig,Mantle, etc etc etc....talk money all you want...that history continues today.....Yankees also outdrew in attendance every other ballpark......we've got more fans than any other team in baseball...the winningest sport's franchise with a world known brand and logo...and the Yankee Universe travels around the globe...not the Twin's Universe...or any other team's universe.....for every Yankee Hater, there are two or more Yankee lovers around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 18:04:29 (permalink)
    leethebard

Ya know,I can watch my DVD set of Yankeography over and over and relive almost 100 years of great sport's history...famous names...famous moments ingrained in sports history...Ruth...Gerhig,Mantle, etc etc etc....talk money all you want...that history continues today.....Yankees also outdrew in attendance every other ballpark......we've got more fans than any other team in baseball...the winningest sport's franchise with a world known brand and logo...and the Yankee Universe travels around the globe...not the Twin's Universe...or any other team's universe.....for every Yankee Hater, there are two or more Yankee lovers around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you choose to believe that I guess you can savor your delusions. Get away from the NY metro area and get out in the rest of the country and you will probably find more fans not directly living in a major league city and associated with a team to be more of a Redsox fan or a Cubs fan. I know they are more passionate in their fandom. I can tell that in regard to the turnout at the Twins games when the Redsox are in town. When the Yankees are in town their fans come under cover and apparently embarrassed to admit it.

I once liked the Yankees in the Berra, Mantle and Maris era but the heavy handed George Steinbrenner sullied them forever.
    saps
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 18:42:25 (permalink)
    leethebard

Where have you been around the globe to see all of this Yankee love?  Do you just view it from your spaceship?
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3146
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 19:23:34 (permalink)
    leethebard

saps

leethebard

"Was"?  You have counted them out already!

NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 19:25:55 (permalink)
    Davydd

leethebard

If you choose to believe that I guess you can savor your delusions. Get away from the NY metro area and get out in the rest of the country and you will probably find more fans not directly living in a major league city and associated with a team to be more of a Redsox fan or a Cubs fan. I know they are more passionate in their fandom. I can tell that in regard to the turnout at the Twins games when the Redsox are in town. When the Yankees are in town their fans come under cover and apparently embarrassed to admit it.

I once liked the Yankees in the Berra, Mantle and Maris era but the heavy handed George Steinbrenner sullied them forever.
    Amen brother.

Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 20:10:27 (permalink)
    saps
    Where have you been around the globe to see all of this Yankee love?  Do you just view it from your spaceship? 

I am NOT a Yankee fan...I root for the other team in NY that I would prefer not to mention...but I have often been very surprised by the number of Yankee fans in places I would not expect Yankee fans. It is almost unheard of to find Astros fans in Michigan, or Mariner fans in Miami, but where ever I have been around this and other countries I have met people who are Yankee fans or wear Yankee hats. I find it weird, but true.

NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/05 20:12:49 (permalink)
    Some folks around the world worship mass murderers too.
    alwayshungry475
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 16:54:52 (permalink)
    San Fran Giants!..almost made it to the playoffs!
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 17:32:40 (permalink)
    Ah So------I see problem here-----Mr Lee like
    Chank-ees but dislike ferry important Chinese gentleman Chang.  #2 son must investigate. 
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 984
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 17:39:36 (permalink)
    I'm a Yankees fan - have been one my whole life. I remember in '61 the Nuns let us listen to the Series on the radio during class if we behaved. Everyone was a Yankee fan in WNY (pre-Mets), and I still love to go back home and see all the Yankee caps, car decals, shirts etc. displaying Yankee pride.

I get interesting comments on my Yankees cap and hoodie here in Kansas, along the lines of "Do you just wear that to be cool?", but when I say "No - I'm from New York" they shut up and back off.
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 17:40:23 (permalink)
    Actually I think the son in charge now is worse than the dad - if you read Torre's book on the Yankees you wonder how they have been as successful as they have under Cashman and the Steinbrenner reign of terror and power.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/books/01/31/lkl.joe.torre/index.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/26/sports/baseball/26torre.html
    post edited by NYPIzzaNut - 2009/10/06 18:07:02
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 18:31:00 (permalink)
    NYPIzzaNut

Actually I think the son in charge now is worse than the dad - if you read Torre's book on the Yankees you wonder how they have been as successful as they have under Cashman and the Steinbrenner reign of terror and power.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/books/01/31/lkl.joe.torre/index.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/26/sports/baseball/26torre.html

Yep,it was a fascinating read!!!!
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 22:01:43 (permalink)
    Bring on the Yankees. The Minnesota Twins just beat Detroit in the 12th inning of the single playoff 163rd game AL Central final.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18665
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/06 22:12:09 (permalink)
    I was a big fan of Yankee. He was my last yellow Lab.
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/07 00:53:05 (permalink)
    Go Twins. I just hope that C .C continues his past play-off success and AROD continues his post Mariner playoff performances.
    jonjax71
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/07 01:04:52 (permalink)
    Tony Bad

saps

I am NOT a Yankee fan...I root for the other team in NY that I would prefer not to mention...but I have often been very surprised by the number of Yankee fans in places I would not expect Yankee fans. It is almost unheard of to find Astros fans in Michigan, or Mariner fans in Miami, but where ever I have been around this and other countries I have met people who are Yankee fans or wear Yankee hats. I find it weird, but true.

I'd like to find a place on this globe where there are NO Yankees fans, like my across the street neighbor, a transplanted New Yorker says, "New York is the best place to BE FROM", then he adds the proof is that there ae more New Yorkers living outside of NY than in New York
    jonjax71
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re:Any Yankee fans out there 2009/10/07 01:12:58 (permalink)
    alwayshungry475

San Fran Giants!..almost made it to the playoffs!

I was 7 years old when I became a N Y Giants fan and then a S F giants fan and continue to be so to this day. Jackie Robinson was a childhood friend of my dad here in Pasadena so as a toddler my household and extended family were  Brooklyn Dodger fans, but when the Dodgers traded Jack to the Giants after the 1956 season, my family switched teams-some to the Pirates and others to the Cubbies or Braves but my dad chose the Giants because of Willie Say hey Mays. Jack Roosevelt refused to join the Giants in 1957 and retired

The Giants did better than expected this year, they had the best record in the NL of any team not making the playoffs, they'll be in next year-they have some very good young talent, especially on the mound and in the pen

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 13
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1