Any information on NE Georgia "All About the Smoke" site?

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 465
2012/04/22 10:06:28 (permalink)

Any information on NE Georgia "All About the Smoke" site?

This is really a shot in the dark if ever there was one, but I thought perhaps one of this presently-defunct site's owners might be a regular or recurring user here, or maybe somebody here knows them?

Until recently, there had been a site called "All About the Smoke" (located at http://www.site.allaboutthesmoke.com/ ) that covered northeast Georgia BBQ, from Gainesville and Athens all the way up into the Dillard corner.  Remarkable site, incredibly comprehensive, detailing dozens of places, many of which are otherwise unmentioned on the internet.  It was absolutely packed with research and interviews and written in a very positive tone.

The site has been down for months and I have no way of contacting its writers.  If anybody knows anything about these guys - I believe it was two men who wrote it - please let me know or drop me a message.  I would love to see the site continued or archived, or its content incorporated somewhere else.  It was far too valuable a resource to lose!

2 Replies Related Threads

kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 410
    Re:Any information on NE Georgia "All About the Smoke" site? 2012/04/22 10:07:49 (permalink)
    Heartbreaksoup

This is really a shot in the dark if ever there was one, but I thought perhaps one of this presently-defunct site's owners might be a regular or recurring user here, or maybe somebody here knows them?

Until recently, there had been a site called "All About the Smoke" (located at http://www.site.allaboutthesmoke.com/ ) that covered northeast Georgia BBQ, from Gainesville and Athens all the way up into the Dillard corner.  Remarkable site, incredibly comprehensive, detailing dozens of places, many of which are otherwise unmentioned on the internet.  It was absolutely packed with research and interviews and written in a very positive tone.

The site has been down for months and I have no way of contacting its writers.  If anybody knows anything about these guys - I believe it was two men who wrote it - please let me know or drop me a message.  I would love to see the site continued or archived, or its content incorporated somewhere else.  It was far too valuable a resource to lose!

Interestingly enough, I've never heard of the site and I'm quite well affiliated with the local bbq trail!
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10324
    Re:Any information on NE Georgia "All About the Smoke" site? 2012/04/23 00:03:35 (permalink)
    You might want to contact the folks at:
    http://www.thesmokering.com/
    It's kinda a crossroads of BBQ web sites.
    There's over 1200 of them go through their site. 
    They may know something about "All about the smoke" Guys.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1