Any mean things you did as a kid?

Author
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
2011/08/13 17:20:46 (permalink)

Any mean things you did as a kid?

I just read this week that a neighbor, Tommy Seltzer, died, he was 68. When we were kids, he was 3 yrs older, about 11 at the time, he would come over and swim in our spring fed pool, this was at our country house which is now my home. He was very country and couldn't swim, myself and my brother were competitive swimmers and born to the water, as such we could hold our breath for a long time. Tommy wanted to know how we stayed under water for so long, we told him he had to learn to breath under water. We demonstrated it above water, "open your mouth when your under, breath in really fast, as hard as you can." He kept trying, nearly drowning in the shallow end at each attempt, we kept telling him he wasn't breathing in hard enough, how we didn't kill him I'll never know, but the laughter was nonstop. Damn if he didn't keep trying all summer...Tommy, may God rest your soul, and now that you know, I hope you forgive us our tresspasses!
Got any foul deeds ya wanna share?

1 Reply Related Threads

lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7063
    Re:Any mean things you did as a kid? 2011/08/13 23:38:38 (permalink)
    Lord no!  I was an only child.  You know, quite innocent.  Well, there was that one incident where Steve and Wilbe (his wife, strange name, strange woman) came to visit my parents in their brand new 1960 Cadillac convertible and parked it alongside the house.  My cousin Debbie and I disliked them very much so we spent the afternoon throwing stones and small rocks at the outside AND INSIDE (top was down) of the car.  Distroyed the paint job.  Didn't do a lot for the inside.  I got spanked, Debbie got severely sent home.
    Years later, at my grandfather's funeral, the owner of the car and his wife came up to Debbie and me and said, "Do you remember when......."?  We ran for a drink at the bar.
    post edited by lleechef - 2011/08/15 13:05:28
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1