Anybody hungry for Greek food?

Author
shanklemsw
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 169
2004/08/15 18:02:05 (permalink)

Anybody hungry for Greek food?

I'm tellin' ya, I've been watching the Olympics and all I could think about yesterday was lemon chicken and moussaka. Even during Charley. So I went out and got all the stuff and made them both. hummus too. Anybody besides me?

5 Replies Related Threads

BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Anybody hungry for Greek food? 2004/08/15 18:20:33 (permalink)
    You gonna mail it?

I did just get home from Trader Joe's and if they had had frozen moussaka I would have bought it--I looked for it, but I didn't feel up to making my own. They did have spanikopita and I considered that but decided against it. For that I don't really need to go frozen. There are lots of mom & pop delis around here run by middle easterners, mostly Lebanese, Syrians and such, but they make and sell many foods more commonly associated in the US with Greece. If the craving gets out of hand, I'll go buy some somewhere.
    chezkatie
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Anybody hungry for Greek food? 2004/08/15 19:22:13 (permalink)
    We had a Greek dinner tonight. We enjoyed my daughter in law's moussaka, a Greek salad and Tzatziki with warm pita bread.........went for good old American double chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
    Danmel
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 193
    RE: Anybody hungry for Greek food? 2004/08/15 22:00:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by chezkatie

We had a Greek dinner tonight. We enjoyed my daughter in law's moussaka, a Greek salad and Tzatziki with warm pita bread.........went for good old American double chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

MMMMMM....Moussaka. I was thinking of making a greek meal. My hsband and son went fishing so I have some fresh fish for tomorrow- maybe I can do it up Greek style! Make some orzo and a greek salad. I'm now inspired- thanks Chez Katie!
    santacruz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 372
    RE: Anybody hungry for Greek food? 2004/08/16 14:51:30 (permalink)
    I love the Greek lemon soup, good dolma's, roasted potatos and spit roasted herbed leg of lamb. Followed by a good Retsina, then onto the baklavah with strong greek coffee.

Oh the Hellenic taste's.

Also Greek potato salad with feta and kalamata olives.

jerseygirl127
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Anybody hungry for Greek food? 2004/08/17 23:03:05 (permalink)
    hmmm what about baklavah ??? that's the best.. and i seem to remember something that looked like shredded wheat but was drenched in honey and tasted totally awesome.. can't remember the name of it-- they served it at my cousin's rehearsal dinner ( she married in to a greek family and the food that night was not to be beat!! it was awesome!)

i love a good greek salad too with feta and kalamatas.. hmmmm getting hungry just thinking about it... thanks.. good thread :)

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1