Anyone ever buy a furniture store, or a bakery, or owned a bakery or Furniture store ????

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
blackirondude
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:Anyone ever buy a furniture store, or a bakery, or owned a bakery or Furniture store ?? 2012/03/10 19:55:51 (permalink)
If you want to test the waters without too much initial outlay you could start selling your baked goods at Farmer's Markets.

IF your food sells out each week it'll create a buzz that may help you launch your bakery.

ladygodiva
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 96
Re:Anyone ever buy a furniture store, or a bakery, or owned a bakery or Furniture store ?? 2012/04/14 13:55:01 (permalink)
thank you Blackirondude, I did hear about a furniture store needing furniture sales people and interior designers, I spoke to the boss and I did not have a degree in interior design nor experiance selling furniture, but I will put the name and address of the company who knows someone may get their dream job Dimitroff Furniture and Design at 981 Ghent road in Akron OH
post edited by ladygodiva - 2012/04/14 13:58:02
ladygodiva
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 96
Re:Anyone ever buy a furniture store, or a bakery, or owned a bakery or Furniture store ?? 2012/04/21 13:30:04 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

Ladygodiva, God Bless you!

Were I considering a furniture/design business in this economy I would follow aspects of this model:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjvbf8yPn2s .  Low entry.  Low COGS.

Because of its low COGS the bakery business can be extremely profitable.  But, you'd better be really good at both the "art" and business aspects of this enterprise.  For an unfortunately short time we had the best boulangerie this side of Paris just a few miles from us.  The native Frenchman owner/baker was a purist, not a businessman.  Quel dommage.  We hicks here in Dallas evidently require donuts to be sold alongside our bread.

If you choose the edibles route, ALWAYS start with used equipment & fixtures.  If Akron-Canton isn't, Cleveland certainly is full of really nice stuff for a dime on the dollar.

As with any business, the lower your overhead the sounder your sleep in those precious few hours available for such. 

Thank You and bless you as well, I did see the youtube vide and you have given me a fresh approach, and some of the bakeries in Akron do sell donuts as well, alsong with their bread, you brightened my day.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13565
Re:Anyone ever buy a furniture store, or a bakery, or owned a bakery or Furniture store ?? 2012/04/21 13:58:58 (permalink)
I bought a furniture mfg company called Shackelford Mfg. company back in 1971.  We were a small operation in Decatur, TN.  I had 30 employees and we mfg low end sofas, matching chairs and etc.  I have never ever had a harder job.  It was seven days and nights with no time off.  I did about $20,000 a week and I kept it going for several years.  I sold it and it is still going.  I am glad I did and got back in the pharma business.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1