Anyone know the name of the restaurant in Lincolnwood?

Author
nix41
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/05/15 21:41:32 (permalink)

Anyone know the name of the restaurant in Lincolnwood?

It was the restaurant that was in the same spot as L. Woods is now, 7110 Lincoln, in Lincolnwood.  It was "something Inn" and I used to go to it with my parents around 1968 to 1974.  Pretty good supper club food.  What was it before?

2 Replies Related Threads

FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1673
    Re:Anyone know the name of the restaurant in Lincolnwood? 2014/05/15 23:33:49 (permalink)
    Help us out a bit.........what state?
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4236
    Re:Anyone know the name of the restaurant in Lincolnwood? 2014/05/16 03:02:13 (permalink)
    The poster is talking about Lincolnwood, Illinois, a northern suburb of Chicago.  The restaurant is part of Rich Melman's "Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises" group.  Prior to its incarnation as "L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge", it was another LEYE restaurant called "Bones".  The focus was upscale Barbecue at a reasonable price.  It was very popular for a number of years, and it came as a surprise to many when Melman reconfigured the place as "L. Woods" which has more of a Wisconsin, north woods supper club feel.

Before it was "Bones" it was an independent restaurant for many years, but the name escapes me.  A quick search of the internet didn't tun up anything earlier than "Bones".  You might consider asking the question over at LTHForum.com, a Chicago-centric Food Website.

Buddy
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1