Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !!

Author
Apple Wood Chips
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/01/17 18:54:36 (permalink)

Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !!

Hello Everyone,

I have recently started up a new buisness that sales Apple Wood Chips used for smoking meats on your grills. The high quality of hand cut and chipped Apple Wood is not like other competitors who give you a bag of saw dust. These chips are full of flavor and ready for you to be enjoyed. Apple Wood is great for smoking poultry, fish, pork, game, and other meats. Apple Wood flavor is more complex than hickory and alder, yet it is still quite mild. Add the sweet savory flavor of apple wood to your grilled creations. Wood grilling/smoking is a technique that is used in 4 and 5 start gourmet resturants. E-mail me today at norrira04@juniata.edu so that you can order our 1 1/2 lb bags of apple wood chips.

If you do not have a smoker box to put your wood chips in, simply soak the wood chips for about an hour and then wrap them up in aluminum foil. Poke tiny holes all over the foil so that the Apple Wood smoke flavor can season your grilled sensations. Have a great day.

Apple Man

5 Replies Related Threads

Art Deco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 890
    RE: Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !! 2005/01/18 12:20:09 (permalink)
    I love me some applewood-smoked SPAM...
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4580
    RE: Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !! 2005/01/18 12:34:55 (permalink)
    Nah, I disagree, pogophiles. This guy is up front with his message
    and honest in his approach in trying to connect with an audience he thinks might be supportive of his product. I'm not sure this is the right forum, but
    a marketplace where people with good products could help support Roadfood.com
    might be an interesting idea. Now those guys all talking about their buddy's decommissioned
    Burger Kings-that kind of post burns.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15175
    RE: Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !! 2005/01/18 12:53:24 (permalink)
    As my little home Orchard grows, so the annual pruning scraps grow also. We save the larger branches for use during the Summer Smoking Season. 31 of the trees are in their 4th or 5th year now.. the other bunch are 1-2 years old and don't contribute as much--yet. With a total of 45 trees (most are semi-dwarf varieties) we eventually will have a good amount of fruitwood to mix with a life-time supply of Hickory and Oak and Sycamore. Our commercial poster is right, the delicate flavor of the meat is enhanced by adding the fruit wood, be it Cherry, Citrus, or the Pear/Apple/Plum that we have available. AND Chips or better-Chunks 3 to 4 inches across seem to do better for me.

Back when my only smoker was a little Alum. box electric powered thing, the pan full of sawdust worked fine. But now The bigger chunks really are needed for the Brisket and Pork Butt combinations I do for the family each summer.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4580
    RE: Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !! 2005/01/18 13:01:46 (permalink)
    Mr.Mayor,
    as the Rogue Valley's pear orchards become either
    vineyards or houses, I see HUGE amounts of pear trees all bulldozed into
    piles. I gotta' go over and grab some. Sad sort of, but the wine produced from the grapes is more to my liking. Bill
    Mr.Pig
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Apple Wood Chips Great for Smoking Meat !! 2005/01/26 09:39:38 (permalink)
    Apple wood is great and I use it in conjunction with hickory but I need apple logs in my commercial smoker. If you have not tried apple wood, please try this product and let me know what you think. Apple imparts a sweet, mystical flavor but it may carbon up your equipment a little. Still worth a try.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1