Arby's Ruebens

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
chezkatie
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 18:59:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I have it from a very reliable mohel that Arby's uses a meat product that becomes available after a bris.

Pigiron
  • Total Posts : 1384
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 19:11:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by fastfood

Thats a crock of bull and we both know it. Our beef comes to us completely raw and upchopped and formed. It is then slow cooked in the oven,then tempered for a minimum of a half hour then it is sliced then placed directly onto a sandwhich.For the reubens we used real corned beef not some imitation garbage.Quit lying about my place of employment.

I think you should check your own company's website. It states quite clearly that your "roast beef" is made from "beef chunks (70%) combined with chopped beef (12% fat) and up to a 9% solution of water, salt and sodium phosphate". Last time I checked, it don't come off the cow that way. Blech.

The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3759
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 19:14:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Wigo

I think you should check your own company's website. It states quite clearly that your "roast beef" is made from "beef chunks (70%) combined with chopped beef (12% fat) and up to a 9% solution of water, salt and sodium phosphate". Last time I checked, it don't come off the cow that way. Blech.

I wondered how many hits that page on the Arby's web site would see today!
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7911
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 19:19:09 (permalink)
quote:

I have it from a very reliable mohel that Arby's uses a meat product that becomes available after a bris.

Ouch!! Or should I say "OY!"
the grillman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 632
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 19:42:21 (permalink)
quote:

I wish I'd had the foresight to avoid this particular thread...

mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15305
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 20:17:19 (permalink)
StLouisGuy...
What about me,as a Moderator I have to read all of this crap about Arby's...and while I do frequent some FF stands now and then, and get to Culvers A LOT, I do Not do Arby's not now,not tomorrow!

Like the famous line in the Bambi Movie...If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all!!so

P S Yes, I deleted the thread about Arbys wraps. It had nothing but self-serving advertisement and complaints...so it is gone. If this thread hadn't broadened out to include some intelligent input(?) It would be gone also.
LegalLady
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 404
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 20:37:39 (permalink)
Well y'all, I am not talking about Arbys after this post. I am sick of fastfood's posts, and after Chezkatie's bris comment I am SICK of Arbys Way to go CK!

I will stick with my tenderloins, which I am planning to make myself soon as I can get to a REAL grocery store (in some other town) and buy a loin.

As for the R sandwichs, small place in Ogallala, Ne called the spruce street sandwich shop. Very large homemade rye buns, tons of deli sliced corned beef, etc. yum yum

The Lady
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5066
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 20:49:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Wigo

quote:
Originally posted by fastfood

Thats a crock of bull and we both know it. Our beef comes to us completely raw and upchopped and formed. It is then slow cooked in the oven,then tempered for a minimum of a half hour then it is sliced then placed directly onto a sandwhich.For the reubens we used real corned beef not some imitation garbage.Quit lying about my place of employment.

And... if same were completely unfrozen before cooking (even though it is NOT), would be in semi-liquid form, only held together by design of packaging. Kind'a like bolonga, 'yall.

The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3759
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/13 21:08:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by LegalLady

Well y'all, I am not talking about Arbys after this post. I am sick of fastfood's posts, and after Chezkatie's bris comment I am SICK of Arbys Way to go CK!

I will stick with my tenderloins, which I am planning to make myself soon as I can get to a REAL grocery store (in some other town) and buy a loin.

As for the R sandwichs, small place in Ogallala, Ne called the spruce street sandwich shop. Very large homemade rye buns, tons of deli sliced corned beef, etc. yum yum

The Lady

Just curious, but didn't you START this thread? See what happens when you post about chains!

Steve
fastfood
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/14 00:48:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

StLouisGuy...
P S Yes, I deleted the thread about Arbys wraps. It had nothing but self-serving advertisement and complaints...so it is gone. If this thread hadn't broadened out to include some intelligent input(?) It would be gone also.

Cool I guess I can can't post anything that the general forums doesn't agree with,there goes my freedom of speech.

Not True. Stop the self-serving ads for your product on the boards and contribute something worthwhile to the threads here and you will be fine. As it is you are a very slim inch from having your relationship with Roadfood.Com terminated.
Edited by Al Bowen, Moderator.

Whatever
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/14 01:21:47 (permalink)
I am not a moderator. If you read Mr. Rushmore"s rules of the board in the News Forum, it tells all of us that blatant advertising is prohibited. Some of your posts seem more like advertising than opinion, at least to me, and have been deleted. This is not a freedom of speech issue; this is a matter of not following the rules of this forum. All of us who post on this forum need to follow the rules.
fastfood
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/14 01:28:02 (permalink)
I was just saying that arby's sirloin steakhouse wrap is good and you guys should try it.I've seen other people recommend food.But because hardly none of you guys like arby's it was deleted.But what can I do every forum on the internet is like that unfortunately.
Mosca
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2983
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/15 18:40:01 (permalink)
Freedom of speech? You obviously haven't read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It doesn't look like Congress has done that here.

If you work for Arbys and go to a food forum and pump your product, you are violating the rules. I work at a car dealership. If I came in here pumping the new models I'd be breaking the rules.

I'm not doing that. See how easy it is to follow the rules? Now let me ask you; are you at this forum because you like Roadfood, or are you here to try to get people to try Arby's sandwiches? Answer honestly, now.

If you are here because you love Roadfood, WELCOME! And please pay attention to the rules, like the rest of us do.

If you are here to pump your product, I'll expect you to apologize and excuse yourself, and be on your way.

Tom
the grillman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 632
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/15 19:00:52 (permalink)
quote:

Freedom of speech? You obviously haven't read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It doesn't look like Congress has done that here.

If you work for Arbys and go to a food forum and pump your product, you are violating the rules. I work at a car dealership. If I came in here pumping the new models I'd be breaking the rules.

I'm not doing that. See how easy it is to follow the rules? Now let me ask you; are you at this forum because you like Roadfood, or are you here to try to get people to try Arby's sandwiches? Answer honestly, now.

If you are here because you love Roadfood, WELCOME! And please pay attention to the rules, like the rest of us do.

If you are here to pump your product, I'll expect you to apologize and excuse yourself, and be on your way.

Tom

Very nicely said.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15305
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/15 20:12:37 (permalink)

Once again I can ask that the topic at hand be the target of the posting here. Those posts not contributing to the topic will be deleted. This is getting old.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/15 21:04:37 (permalink)
Portland has two places that serve Reubens that I think are good. Kornblatt"s Deli and the Goose Hollow Inn. The Goose Hollow Inn also has the distinction of being owned by former Portland mayor Bud Clark.
GordonW
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 924
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/21 12:52:09 (permalink)
Just some reuben trivia; I hope it's not too far off-topic.

Remember the move "Quiz Show?" Dick Goodwin (Rob Morrow, the investigator) is having lunch with Charles Van Doren (Ralph Fiennes; the cheater) and his father Mark Van Doren (Paul Scofield; the professor) in the Van Doren's posh and exclusive New York City club.

Dick Goodwin says something to the effect: "The special for today is a reuben, but I wonder is there is anyone here eating named Reuben."
saps
  • Total Posts : 1564
RE: Arby's Ruebens 2005/07/21 13:51:50 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stlouisguy

quote:

I wish I'd had the foresight to avoid this particular thread...

I wish I'd had the foreskin to avoid this particular thread...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1