The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Arby's Ruebens

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 48 of 48
Author Message
chezkatie

  • Total Posts: 1329
  • Joined: 6/24/2001
  • Location: Baltimore and Florida,
RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 6:59 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I have it from a very reliable mohel that Arby's uses a meat product that becomes available after a bris.


 
#31
    Pigiron

    • Total Posts: 1384
    • Joined: 5/11/2005
    • Location: Bergen County, NJ
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 7:11 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by fastfood

    Thats a crock of bull and we both know it. Our beef comes to us completely raw and upchopped and formed. It is then slow cooked in the oven,then tempered for a minimum of a half hour then it is sliced then placed directly onto a sandwhich.For the reubens we used real corned beef not some imitation garbage.Quit lying about my place of employment.


    I think you should check your own company's website. It states quite clearly that your "roast beef" is made from "beef chunks (70%) combined with chopped beef (12% fat) and up to a 9% solution of water, salt and sodium phosphate". Last time I checked, it don't come off the cow that way. Blech.

     
    #32
      The Travelin Man

      • Total Posts: 3698
      • Joined: 3/25/2003
      • Location: Central FL
      RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 7:14 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Wigo

      I think you should check your own company's website. It states quite clearly that your "roast beef" is made from "beef chunks (70%) combined with chopped beef (12% fat) and up to a 9% solution of water, salt and sodium phosphate". Last time I checked, it don't come off the cow that way. Blech.




      I wondered how many hits that page on the Arby's web site would see today!
       
      #33
        wanderingjew

        • Total Posts: 7386
        • Joined: 1/18/2001
        • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 7:19 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

        I have it from a very reliable mohel that Arby's uses a meat product that becomes available after a bris.

        Ouch!! Or should I say "OY!"
         
        #34
          the grillman

          • Total Posts: 624
          • Joined: 6/27/2005
          • Location: Saint Charles, MO
          RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 7:42 PM (permalink)
          quote:

          Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

          I have it from a very reliable mohel that Arby's uses a meat product that becomes available after a bris.


          I wish I'd had the foresight to avoid this particular thread...

           
          #35
            mayor al

            • Total Posts: 15064
            • Joined: 8/20/2002
            • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 8:17 PM (permalink)
            StLouisGuy...
            What about me,as a Moderator I have to read all of this crap about Arby's...and while I do frequent some FF stands now and then, and get to Culvers A LOT, I do Not do Arby's not now,not tomorrow!

            Like the famous line in the Bambi Movie...If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all!!so

            P S Yes, I deleted the thread about Arbys wraps. It had nothing but self-serving advertisement and complaints...so it is gone. If this thread hadn't broadened out to include some intelligent input(?) It would be gone also.
             
            #36
              LegalLady

              • Total Posts: 404
              • Joined: 1/3/2004
              • Location: Oshkosh, NE
              RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 8:37 PM (permalink)
              Well y'all, I am not talking about Arbys after this post. I am sick of fastfood's posts, and after Chezkatie's bris comment I am SICK of Arbys Way to go CK!

              I will stick with my tenderloins, which I am planning to make myself soon as I can get to a REAL grocery store (in some other town) and buy a loin.

              As for the R sandwichs, small place in Ogallala, Ne called the spruce street sandwich shop. Very large homemade rye buns, tons of deli sliced corned beef, etc. yum yum

              The Lady
               
              #37
                Adjudicator

                • Total Posts: 5057
                • Joined: 5/20/2003
                • Location: Tallahassee, FL
                RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 8:49 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Wigo

                quote:
                Originally posted by fastfood

                Thats a crock of bull and we both know it. Our beef comes to us completely raw and upchopped and formed. It is then slow cooked in the oven,then tempered for a minimum of a half hour then it is sliced then placed directly onto a sandwhich.For the reubens we used real corned beef not some imitation garbage.Quit lying about my place of employment.


                I think you should check your own company's website. It states quite clearly that your "roast beef" is made from "beef chunks (70%) combined with chopped beef (12% fat) and up to a 9% solution of water, salt and sodium phosphate". Last time I checked, it don't come off the cow that way. Blech.



                And... if same were completely unfrozen before cooking (even though it is NOT), would be in semi-liquid form, only held together by design of packaging. Kind'a like bolonga, 'yall.

                 
                #38
                  The Travelin Man

                  • Total Posts: 3698
                  • Joined: 3/25/2003
                  • Location: Central FL
                  RE: Arby's Ruebens Wed, 07/13/05 9:08 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by LegalLady

                  Well y'all, I am not talking about Arbys after this post. I am sick of fastfood's posts, and after Chezkatie's bris comment I am SICK of Arbys Way to go CK!

                  I will stick with my tenderloins, which I am planning to make myself soon as I can get to a REAL grocery store (in some other town) and buy a loin.

                  As for the R sandwichs, small place in Ogallala, Ne called the spruce street sandwich shop. Very large homemade rye buns, tons of deli sliced corned beef, etc. yum yum

                  The Lady



                  Just curious, but didn't you START this thread? See what happens when you post about chains!

                  Steve
                   
                  #39
                    fastfood

                    • Total Posts: 82
                    • Joined: 7/12/2005
                    • Location: S, MO
                    RE: Arby's Ruebens Thu, 07/14/05 12:48 AM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

                    StLouisGuy...
                    P S Yes, I deleted the thread about Arbys wraps. It had nothing but self-serving advertisement and complaints...so it is gone. If this thread hadn't broadened out to include some intelligent input(?) It would be gone also.


                    Cool I guess I can can't post anything that the general forums doesn't agree with,there goes my freedom of speech.

                    Not True. Stop the self-serving ads for your product on the boards and contribute something worthwhile to the threads here and you will be fine. As it is you are a very slim inch from having your relationship with Roadfood.Com terminated.
                    Edited by Al Bowen, Moderator.

                    Whatever
                     
                    #40
                      mr chips

                      • Total Posts: 4715
                      • Joined: 2/19/2003
                      • Location: portland, OR
                      RE: Arby's Ruebens Thu, 07/14/05 1:21 AM (permalink)
                      I am not a moderator. If you read Mr. Rushmore"s rules of the board in the News Forum, it tells all of us that blatant advertising is prohibited. Some of your posts seem more like advertising than opinion, at least to me, and have been deleted. This is not a freedom of speech issue; this is a matter of not following the rules of this forum. All of us who post on this forum need to follow the rules.
                       
                      #41
                        fastfood

                        • Total Posts: 82
                        • Joined: 7/12/2005
                        • Location: S, MO
                        RE: Arby's Ruebens Thu, 07/14/05 1:28 AM (permalink)
                        I was just saying that arby's sirloin steakhouse wrap is good and you guys should try it.I've seen other people recommend food.But because hardly none of you guys like arby's it was deleted.But what can I do every forum on the internet is like that unfortunately.
                         
                        #42
                          Mosca

                          • Total Posts: 2935
                          • Joined: 5/26/2004
                          • Location: Mountain Top, PA
                          RE: Arby's Ruebens Fri, 07/15/05 6:40 PM (permalink)
                          Freedom of speech? You obviously haven't read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

                          "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

                          It doesn't look like Congress has done that here.

                          If you work for Arbys and go to a food forum and pump your product, you are violating the rules. I work at a car dealership. If I came in here pumping the new models I'd be breaking the rules.

                          I'm not doing that. See how easy it is to follow the rules? Now let me ask you; are you at this forum because you like Roadfood, or are you here to try to get people to try Arby's sandwiches? Answer honestly, now.

                          If you are here because you love Roadfood, WELCOME! And please pay attention to the rules, like the rest of us do.

                          If you are here to pump your product, I'll expect you to apologize and excuse yourself, and be on your way.


                          Tom
                           
                          #43
                            the grillman

                            • Total Posts: 624
                            • Joined: 6/27/2005
                            • Location: Saint Charles, MO
                            RE: Arby's Ruebens Fri, 07/15/05 7:00 PM (permalink)
                            quote:

                            Freedom of speech? You obviously haven't read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

                            "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

                            It doesn't look like Congress has done that here.

                            If you work for Arbys and go to a food forum and pump your product, you are violating the rules. I work at a car dealership. If I came in here pumping the new models I'd be breaking the rules.

                            I'm not doing that. See how easy it is to follow the rules? Now let me ask you; are you at this forum because you like Roadfood, or are you here to try to get people to try Arby's sandwiches? Answer honestly, now.

                            If you are here because you love Roadfood, WELCOME! And please pay attention to the rules, like the rest of us do.

                            If you are here to pump your product, I'll expect you to apologize and excuse yourself, and be on your way.


                            Tom


                            Very nicely said.
                             
                            #44
                              mayor al

                              • Total Posts: 15064
                              • Joined: 8/20/2002
                              • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              RE: Arby's Ruebens Fri, 07/15/05 8:12 PM (permalink)

                              Once again I can ask that the topic at hand be the target of the posting here. Those posts not contributing to the topic will be deleted. This is getting old.
                               
                              #45
                                mr chips

                                • Total Posts: 4715
                                • Joined: 2/19/2003
                                • Location: portland, OR
                                RE: Arby's Ruebens Fri, 07/15/05 9:04 PM (permalink)
                                Portland has two places that serve Reubens that I think are good. Kornblatt"s Deli and the Goose Hollow Inn. The Goose Hollow Inn also has the distinction of being owned by former Portland mayor Bud Clark.
                                 
                                #46
                                  GordonW

                                  • Total Posts: 924
                                  • Joined: 11/13/2003
                                  • Location: Chapel Hill, NC
                                  RE: Arby's Ruebens Thu, 07/21/05 12:52 PM (permalink)
                                  Just some reuben trivia; I hope it's not too far off-topic.

                                  Remember the move "Quiz Show?" Dick Goodwin (Rob Morrow, the investigator) is having lunch with Charles Van Doren (Ralph Fiennes; the cheater) and his father Mark Van Doren (Paul Scofield; the professor) in the Van Doren's posh and exclusive New York City club.

                                  Dick Goodwin says something to the effect: "The special for today is a reuben, but I wonder is there is anyone here eating named Reuben."
                                   
                                  #47
                                    saps

                                    • Total Posts: 1551
                                    • Joined: 8/18/2003
                                    • Location: wheaton, IL
                                    RE: Arby's Ruebens Thu, 07/21/05 1:51 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by stlouisguy

                                    quote:

                                    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                                    I have it from a very reliable mohel that Arby's uses a meat product that becomes available after a bris.


                                    I wish I'd had the foresight to avoid this particular thread...




                                    I wish I'd had the foreskin to avoid this particular thread...
                                     
                                    #48
                                      Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 48 of 48

                                      Jump to:

                                      Current active users

                                      There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                                      Icon Legend and Permission

                                      • New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

                                      2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com