Aspen Apple Soda and Rondo Lemon Lime Soda

Author
LozerBoozer
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/04/29 09:10:16 (permalink)

Aspen Apple Soda and Rondo Lemon Lime Soda

Aspen Apple soda came out in the late 70's, was made by Pepsi cola. It was really good, not too sweet.
and Rondo came out in the early 80's, was sorta like Mountain Dew, it came in regular and sugar free....

they need to bring them both back!

4 Replies Related Threads

kennyb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 409
    Re:Aspen Apple Soda and Rondo Lemon Lime Soda 2011/05/02 08:39:57 (permalink)
    are you sure on rondo in the 80's? i drank it and i'm pretty sure it would have been the mid 70's.
    Gumbo191
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:Aspen Apple Soda and Rondo Lemon Lime Soda 2011/05/02 14:59:21 (permalink)
    I discovered Aspen Apple Soda when visiting California in the early 80's. I was so enamored with it that I brought a 12 pack back to Georgia on the plane. Today when I get that craving I head down to the market and and buy the apple soda available in the Mexican Specialty section. Much sweeter but still good. 
    HotDogHead
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 665
    Re:Aspen Apple Soda and Rondo Lemon Lime Soda 2011/05/02 16:49:14 (permalink)
    I’m so glad I am not the only one who fondly remembers Aspen Apple Soda.  I loved it!  I believe one of my first posts here was asking people if they had heard of it.  Anyway, I had it in the late 70s or early 80s.  It brings back fond memories.  On summer vacation, our Moms would buy it as a special flavor of soda and pack it in our lunches that we would take up to the local pool. It was all the “rage” to have this vs. the standard Coke, 7UP, etc.  You could use one can of Aspen Apple Soda to trade for an entire lunch.  Heck, you could barter with a can of the stuff for an upgrade in someone’s suntan lotion brand, etc.

It was very unique in flavor.  Kind of tasted like a sweeter version of alcohol apple cider I sipped when I was a kid in Canada.  It was clear in color though.

I second bringing it back (with real sugar though, not the crappy fructose they put in everything now).
    Gumbo191
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:Aspen Apple Soda and Rondo Lemon Lime Soda 2011/05/03 12:12:37 (permalink)
    HotDogHead

I’m so glad I am not the only one who fondly remembers Aspen Apple Soda.  I loved it!  I believe one of my first posts here was asking people if they had heard of it.  Anyway, I had it in the late 70s or early 80s.  It brings back fond memories.  On summer vacation, our Moms would buy it as a special flavor of soda and pack it in our lunches that we would take up to the local pool. It was all the “rage” to have this vs. the standard Coke, 7UP, etc.  You could use one can of Aspen Apple Soda to trade for an entire lunch.  Heck, you could barter with a can of the stuff for an upgrade in someone’s suntan lotion brand, etc.

It was very unique in flavor.  Kind of tasted like a sweeter version of alcohol apple cider I sipped when I was a kid in Canada.  It was clear in color though.

I second bringing it back (with real sugar though, not the crappy fructose they put in everything now).

http://www.facebook.com/g...?gid=70256198612  Found this on Facebook - Bring Back Aspen page....
    post edited by Gumbo191 - 2011/05/03 12:16:43
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1